Esoterica

Clarify a Wall Mounting Aspect

Hi all, I’m wanting to Wall Mount my 75” tv and gave up the idea when I found that the stud placement made positioning the tv where I want impossible. They’re 600mm apart which makes it tough. 

I just happened to be browsing the tv forum here and read a bit about placing the tv on the bracket off-centre. This could work and is something I contemplated, but I am concerned about putting this huge and heavy (~60kg) tv on the wall in an ideal install, let alone not. 

Am I worrying about nothing or is it a bad idea? I figured that while the bracket will be evenly placed on the studs, putting the tv into the bracket off-centre will place more tension on one side of the bracket.

I already ruled Wall mounting out like I said and have built a shelf enclosure to sit the tv on and house the centre speaker, but I would prefer Wall mounting for the cleaner look.

If you bridge three studs with 1/3'' ply ,you can then mount a bracket in any position.

11 minutes ago, EV Cali said:

If you bridge three studs with 1/3'' ply ,you can then mount a bracket in any position.

Yeah I read that in the stickied tutorial. I don’t like the idea of it but guess you won’t see it and I’d be less worried about the bracket failing then.