FOUND: WTB: CD Player (New or Used)

adamg

Item: CD Player 
Price Range: ~ $1,200 (new) or ~ $700 used. 
Item Condition: New or Used
Extra Info:

Looking for a dedicated CDP to join the Roksan K2 amp recently purchased from the Classifieds. 

Preferences and constraints:

Maximum dimensions of 440 mm wide x 380 deep. Height no problem. 
Digital output not required. 
Digital input a bonus but not required. 
Something not hyper sensitive to less than perfect CDs preferred. 
Aesthetics are a consideration and ideally something Roksan would be great but will consider anything. Could potentially stretch budget on the right player. 

Have considered the typical Yamaha, Marantz, NAD suspects - still interested in other options.
Will organise own courier If necessary, or actually happy to make a big drive for pick up (my learner driver son needs the hours) - Coming from the Sth Gold Coast. 

Edited by adamg

Adam,

If you can wait a few days, I will have an update on my Roksan acquisitions. I am negotiating a purchase of 6 Roksan items in different stages of disrepair and there are 2 CD players there with one only having a problem with the drawer.

I do have a Caspian for sale now which reads anything you can throw at it, but it has a dim display. Roksan have responded and are looking for a spare display to send me as a replacement for a dim one. I strongly suggest that you do not buy a new unit because there just aren't any good ones at the moment without spending thousands. There simply are no good mechanisms made today for CD players and all the new ones use $5 DVD mechs.

I have about 25 CD players in stock and if you need one fast, I have Parasound CD/P-1000 available that would fit the bill. And a lot of Marantzes, Arcams, Pioneers and Sonys.

Here is a link to my uTube channel where you can have a look at the Roksan and Parasound

https://www.youtube.com/c/hearnetau/videos

Roksan is in a third row but Parasound is half way down, because I worked on it more than a year ago.

Cheers

Roman

Edited by rockeater
  • Like 1