Primare i35 Prisma has gone dead 😢

Hi all,

I was happily listening to music, streaming through my Primare SPA22 and using the Primare i35 with HT bypass.

Stopped listening for a few minutes to watch some catch-up tv through the amps and suddenly didn't have any sound, I was confused for a while, change different settings/sources and still couldn't get any sound from both of my fronts at all. So I unplugged the Whatmough speakers from the i35 and switched them over to the Spa22 all good.

I haven't made any changes to my setup and everything was working up to this point, all channels and sources.

I did get an occasional pop in my speakers when changes sources for example but didn't think much of it, I think I heard a pop as this happened.

Have I blown the amp? Everything powers up and I can do everything as normal, just no sound.

This is something I didn't want to deal with at the moment, any thoughts to the problem or things I could try to sort this out?

I would appreciate any suggestions

Cheers

Marty
Edited by woopwoop360
Updated problems, no longer issues with Whatmough speakers

Yeah, it a load off my mind. I really thought I stuffed up.

Been looking in classifieds for a pair of small speakers to match the Primare I35 as a dedicated 2 channel setup instead of it sharing the load with the HT setup.

Today I setup a Nuc for Roon, trying out the 14 day free trial, pretty good so far.

This was my long answer to relaxing and listening to music.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@woopwoop360 & @Jez The i35 may have gone into protection mode though you would have seen "protect" come up on the screen.

Primare advise that you should power on all your sources first e.g. AV receiver and then the i35 as the final step to avoid such issues. The reverse is true when powering off ie. i35 switched off first.

10 hours ago, Rai said:

@woopwoop360 & @Jez The i35 may have gone into protection mode though you would have seen "protect" come up on the screen.

Primare advise that you should power on all your sources first e.g. AV receiver and then the i35 as the final step to avoid such issues. The reverse is true when powering off ie. i35 switched off first.

Since I started doing the above, I haven't had any problems with the I35.

Hi Guys

As a fellow Primare user, I can vouch that they are good.

FYI there is a closed facebook group for Primare users - search for "Primare Audio Users"

• Thanks 1