Limmie

SoundAcoustics's very good covid19 sale

Posted (edited)

I was looking all over ebay for some sound diffusor treatment along my rear wall. My perception was Aust made solutions were too expensive. I then came across soundacoustics.com.au and noticed that the product was priced very competitively and read that he designs his products based on extensive testing and proper measurements. 

To cut a long story short James mentioned he is offering quite a compelling covid19 discount so I bought 3 mid band diffusers which works brilliantly in eliminating the back wall sound reflections i was getting. Instruments in my soundstage seems little bit more precise in the sense that i can better place where they are and bass notes have a bit more attack. These are proper sized diffusors 600mm by 600.

I used clark rubber sponge absorbers and diy bass traps in the same position before but i felt it just made the sound too dead and just sounded unnatural. 

I am happy with my $150's return on investment. Please give James a call as i am sure he will be more than happy to give you good advice and a compelling deal. Please support our local business...especially when there is a good discount on the table. 

Go ahead and give yourself some retail therapy and show your visitors that you're true audiophile! :)

IMG_20200627_004002.jpg

IMG_20200627_004020.jpg

IMG_20200627_011725.jpg

Edited by Limmie

They have good bass control. Have you bought that? 

+1 for Sound Acoustics.

It puzzles me why SNA members do not rave more about them??? Is it because they do not cost the $$$ that overseas brands commandeer?

And many of the products have a measured curve that guide their usage. It is difficult to find such information in other products.

👍Let's support a local business... 

I have a bunch of their products. Always good value, never had any problems with purchase and you can discuss requirements over the telephone. 

I know one could do it themselves but I think if they offered those plywood panels painted at least in matte black it would be good for business.

Posted (edited)

I'm wondering if these would be good for a little bedroom studio (technically, a spare room). The music I make is mostly electronic, so direct inputs from synths etc into a recording device. The intended benefit of the panels obviously would be for monitoring not recording.

Edited by ericd

+1 for these guys. Prices are reasonable, Australian made and specs that make sense. 

I emailed James who was happy to advise on a small job after I sent some photos. He could have gone OTT but instead gave some simple advice for best bang for buck in my room. Looks like I will try some of their bass traps.