Posted (edited)

Hello Guys,

I am looking for some suggestions for a 7-11 channel AV processor.

Budget $4k-5k

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Nope
Update budget

A budget will help discussions. Are you specifically looking for a pre processor or will an AVR do? 

Trinnov ❤️ 

Trinnov ,out of my budget

Thank you

Posted (edited)

Emotiva have a pre that is 16 channels, and is within your budget 

XMC-2 16 Channel 9.1.6 Discrete Dolby Atmos & DTS:X Cinema Processor

Edited by DSD_Fan

Prepros include new Marantz AV7705 and Anthem AVM60, my recommendation with Anthem Room Correction.

Just about any AVR with preouts can also do the job at lower cost.

Dunno why I read this as 11+ channels. But what Snoopy said. I have the AVM60 and LOVE it. I run it with Crown amps and it's great.

7 hours ago, Nope said:

Hello Guys,

I am looking for some suggestions for a 7-11 channel AV processor.

Budget $4k-5k

Thanks in advance.

marantz are a good buy will all channels need. something like the av7705 is well in budget :) audyssey xt32 as setup and eq is very easy to use intuitive and will also handle all channels needed :) 

Posted (edited)

@betty boopThank you. Can we have zone 1 and zone 2 in av7705 and can we run two different speaker setup like one with 90db@4ohm(zone 1) other with 97db@8ohm(zone 2)?

As HDMI 2.1 is there is it good wait for the next version of AV7706?

Power amp will be Elektra.

Edited by Nope
Thanks

14 minutes ago, DSD_Fan said:

Dunno why I read this as 11+ channels. But what Snoopy said. I have the AVM60 and LOVE it. I run it with Crown amps and it's great.

Thanks @DSD_Fan , how is crown amp is it classD? Which series /model are you using?

36 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

Prepros include new Marantz AV7705 and Anthem AVM60, my recommendation with Anthem Room Correction.

Just about any AVR with preouts can also do the job at lower cost.

Thanks @Snoopy8 a decent Avr with pre out costs atleast 2500-3000$. If we are spending that money is it not a good idea to get a prepros like AVM60/ Marantz? that  prepros will perform better than AVR ? 

4 minutes ago, Nope said:

Thanks @DSD_Fan , how is crown amp is it classD? Which series /model are you using?

I run the 1502's I believe they're class D but they sound a lot better than my old receiver and zero noise that I can hear

I got 6 of them for $3800. This way if I need more channels in the future I just add another amp or 2 

6 minutes ago, Nope said:

@betty boopThank you. Can we have zone 1 and zone 2 in av7705 and can we run two different speaker setup like one with 90db@4ohm(zone 1) other with 97db@8ohm(zone 2)?

check all features to make sure suits you. due dillengence is something will need to do for self :) denon and marantz has had zone 1 zone 2 for about 10+ years. re such disparity of efficiency ... you will possibly have or not have issues in channel imbalance..... if you can't level up will need to use in line attenuators which some need to do at times (this is regardless of pre amp) 

8 minutes ago, Nope said:

As HDMI 2.1 is there is it good wait for the next version of AV7706?

hdmi 2.1 in my opinion is a non event.... its a feature list no guarantee something will support all features... not worth waiting for. something from 2016 will do all and you can throw all at right now...

9 minutes ago, Nope said:

Power amp will be Elektra.

many folk use elektra with marantz ... theyre a great match... and well priced as a local option...so not costing twice what does in home country...because this is home :D power with finese...great dynamic range with huge power reserves the veritable iron fist in a silk glove...

50 minutes ago, DSD_Fan said:

Emotiva have a pre that is 16 channels, and is within your budget 

XMC-2 16 Channel 9.1.6 Discrete Dolby Atmos & DTS:X Cinema Processor

Thanks maximum channel will ever use is 11. But for another couple of years it's only 7 channel is needed.

1 minute ago, Nope said:

Thanks @Snoopy8 a decent Avr with pre out costs atleast 2500-3000$. If we are spending that money is it not a good idea to get a prepros like AVM60/ Marantz? that  prepros will perform better than AVR ? 

AVRs come and go and depreciate crazily ! and every time replace will throw out baby with bath water...both pre and power... with av pre pro processing will come go but your power amps will stay can can stay... that said likes of denon marantz keep supporting things a long while too... my last denon flagship they kept updated for 8 years ! my current marantz pre pro though superseded and 5 years old still does everything 4k uhd needs everything appletv 4k, pana uhd player, xboxonex, fetch tv can throw at it ...

5 hours ago, Nope said:

A new NAD T758V3 with Dirac Live has a street price of $2K. Marantz SR5014 under $2K, Denon X2200 $1.5K.  Just need the lowest model with preouts.  

Getting a used unit is even cheaper, AVRs depreciate quickly.  

Prepros usually have better analog circuitry and output stages. In particular, they are better with 2 channel music and can be an option for someone after a 1 box solution. But, for movies, prepros may have an edge on audio for a lot more dollars. And prepros and AVRs both do video pass through (the very high end prepro may do some video processing?).

However, it sounds like you have the budget, so go prepro and take advantage of the better analog audio.

Posted (edited)

Between the Yamaha Cx-a5200 and marantz av8805 on perusing the owners threads in various forums you will hardly hear anyone complain of bugs or issues . They work as advertised 

you want misery? Grab a JBL synthesis Or a modern arcam 

https://au.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/av_receivers_amps/cx-a5200/index.html

Edited by Kdjjdk Will

Definitely the Anthem avm60 

7 minutes ago, Bunno77 said:

Definitely the Anthem avm60 

Thanks mate, is there any new products in near future  for anthem with HDMI 2.1? If incase any news.

Why do you need 2.1 may I ask

its really of value for gamers only

@Nope I'm not sure sorry but you could email Anthem and will no doubt get a reply quickly 

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Bunno77 said:

@Nope I'm not sure sorry but you could email Anthem and will no doubt get a reply quickly 

Thanks @Bunno77. My plan is to add Elektra HD7 amp. I have heared great feedback on Anthem. Next comes Marantz.

But will contact Anthem on future release.

Anthem + Elektra

Marantz + Elektra

I am not sure which is better as we cannot have Elektra amplifier to demo.

Thanks 

@betty boop any thoughts on Anthem AVM 60 + Elektra. As you have been using Elektra amplifier for a long time. Any thoughts much helpful.

Planning for Stereo and Home movies.

Edited by Nope

@Nope Anthem is far better at both but if really wanting music performance consider HT bypass

1 hour ago, Nope said:

Thanks @Bunno77. My plan is to add Elektra HD7 amp. I have heared great feedback on Anthem. Next comes Marantz.

But will contact Anthem on future release.

Anthem + Elektra

Marantz + Elektra

I am not sure which is better as we cannot have Elektra amplifier to demo.

Thanks 

@betty boop any thoughts on Anthem AVM 60 + Elektra. 

Planning for Stereo and Home movies.

elektra and marantz are a good match. and myself am very happy with marantz since day one fault free. not a bug to speak off works well and seamlessly and supported well. 5 years on still does everything can chuck at it and made in japan with some 200 engineers behind it . the setup and eq system on marantz is also 2nd to none in my opinion in ease of use and what can achieve. many other brands are so convoluted its a joke quite frankly givens its 2020 ! for goodness sake not 1985 with needing spl meters and measuring tape and doing what not manually etc ! 

I am an Anthem fan because of Anthem Room Correction (ARC).  I have used ARC , and Dirac Live and rate both as among the best Room Correction Software (old but relevant article) for both movies and music.  And easy to use as well.

Unlike the big brands, Anthem releases new models every 3-5 years. And they support the products for many years. Eg. ARC 3, latest version worked on previous models released more than 6 years ago.