Probably not best but I have been using these two lately. 

Booka shade white rooms

Katie melula piece by piece Only the first minute of it though. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Limit to your Love - James Blake

Almost anything by Yello   Or just play this playlist formed a while back by members   https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2zQbeufFv5z5RTefnaAGCi?si=eWUNpBHlReyzDDbsUW9cVw  

Joe Slam and The Spaceship · Harry Connick Jr. from the she album  

I discovered some insane bass in an unexpected source. Classical music!

Try this with your sub and watch the foundations crumble lol

Prokofiev - Romeo and Juliet - Op. 64 Dance of the Knights. There’s a drum beat that is probably the deepest bass I’ve heard. I was sitting outside while playing it and it felt like a bomb going off nearby.

1 hour ago, Esoterica said:

Prokofiev - Romeo and Juliet - Op. 64 Dance of the Knights.

I feel like you might need to say which particular performance/recording of that.

The Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra version I tried seems different to your experience.

4 hours ago, pwstereo said:

I feel like you might need to say which particular performance/recording of that.

The Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra version I tried seems different to your experience.

I thought that might be the case. I’m not knowledgeable about classical music so I figured that’d be similar.

This is the one - 

The MQA on Tidal is how I heard it.

• Like 1

Jamie XX -Loud Places has some great low notes.

In terms of orchestral music with some great darker tones I discovered The World Of Hans Zimmer album last year. While the entire performance is great (in particular the gladiator score) the Dark Knight and Inception:Time will give your sub a work out.

• Like 1

Sound track of Jurassic Park where the big beast is about to come out of the Forrest representing his footsteps before you see him appear!

It will shake your intestines playing it loud. 

Mindfields by The Prodigy for some EDM bass.

I played Stagger Lee by Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds the other night and found it was helpful to dial in my system. Got the bass line as even as I could from the bottom to the top with a slight thump on the kick seemed to be the sweet spot. 

Oh and Chocolate Chip Trip by Tool. Fantastic drum track!!!!!

Edited by 68premier

Dunno if you would call this a song, but if you want to get a sub stretching it's spider and soaking Kw's of power, give this a go. Will smash inferior gear, be well advised. 

• Like 1

Can't go wrong with most tracks from Infected Mushroom. 😎

Especially the song "Spitfire" 2017 single. Sub and bass driver workout. I get a good chair massage form this track!

Worth finding a very good quality recording, unlike the YT version listed below.

Spitfire | Monstercat Wiki | Fandom

• 2 weeks later...

I found in my old cd collection another classical piece which gives my system a good all over workout with some nice bass parts: Alborada Del Gracioso with Eduardo Mata conducting the Dallas Symphony Orchestra at 7:22 it is not too long and has great dynamic range as well. I found this version  on Spotify to check on their quality which I must see if I can tell the difference. I bought the cd for Bolero and hardly ever played beyond that as my old hifi systems were very lacking.

just checked and the cd version of Alborada Del Gracioso is superior to spotify (paid version) I was quite surprised but saying that it is worth a listen