4 hours ago, Ruffter said:

I am a fan of Royksopp @Martykt! Was it Running To The Sea? Great song, it's got a nice electronic bass line to it.

Cheers,

Andrew

Don't think it was.

From memory it was one of their older instrumental tracks without vocals.

The bass wasn't just a standard electronic bass line it was kind of unique in the way it kind of came in waves and went very low.

Yes Running to the Sea is a great track thought. :thumb:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Limit to your Love - James Blake

Almost anything by Yello   Or just play this playlist formed a while back by members   https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2zQbeufFv5z5RTefnaAGCi?si=eWUNpBHlReyzDDbsUW9cVw  

Joe Slam and The Spaceship · Harry Connick Jr. from the she album  

No More Tears, by The KLF https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqN0_1rrK2U

I like this song for tuning / integrating my subs. The challenge is to get the extension and levels right so that:

1) You can hear the full range of oscillation between low- and ultra low-bass in the reggae bassline...

2) ... Without making anything else in the song (like the kick drum layered on top of the bassline) sound too boom-y

3) With the right amount of SPL's the laid back waves of bass induce motion sickness in your wife (true story!) 😜

Off the top of my head.

Slam by Pendulum

Dazed and Confused by Die Antwoord

Busy Child by The Crystal Method

Song for Junior by Beastie Boys off the album Hello Nasty. The whole album has some bangers from memory. 🙂

Edited by 68premier

Kayne west. ha ha. that was shite... each to their own.

try "Thank you mum" by St Germain.  Makes my wife's desk rattle.

22 hours ago, dlr said:

Hot for teacher - Van Halen.

😬

Oh yeah, an oldie but a goodie! 

Though not particularly "deep" bass, the drums at the start are great

How about:

Fun, We are young

When I play the above at our place I have never not had anyone smile or laugh involuntarily when the bass hits (Paradigm Studio 100s, no sub).   However the seating position is in a standing wave, and if you move in a metre it’s not there (more like a nullity).

Also a great song with powerful appropriate bass:

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Downtown.

Edited by KRSDarwin

1 hour ago, KRSDarwin said:

Fun, We are young

That reminds me of Joakim - Forever Young

It has some solid and deep synth bass going on.

Edited by pwstereo
I spelt the artist's name incorrectly
  • Like 1

My humble attempt at contributing to this interesting thread:

Runner by Golden Features [that TV car ad for nissan got me looking for who this was] 

• Like 1

On 26/06/2020 at 12:18 AM, Analog Revenge said:

London Gramar Album ;"If You wait" Song Hey Now!

this goes so low, my gutters vibrate on the outside.  They need to be tightened...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hifigoose said:

Metallica - Nothing else matters. Gets down there.

For slam, Queen - Tie your Mother down

Mate of mine always went for Unforgiven off the black album

• Love 1

James Blake- Overgrown (Album Version)

On the LP bass is something else on this track. But CD or even YT is impressive still.

"Karmacoma" by Massive Attack - refined brutality.

"Money like it's paper with faces I remember
I drink on a daily basis
Though it seldom cools my temper
It never cools my temper"......

I always used Daft Punk 2011 " TRON Legacy R3CONF1GUR3D " as a great Bass test CD

usually tripped the speaker protection circuits on many

Try ( not Youtube ) 

Track 01 - Derezzed remixed by The Glitch Mob  

Track 04 - Adagio For Tron (Teddybears Remix)

As a plus great music / remix artists & JB Hifi special'd the CD out for $6.99

Tronlegacyreconfigured.jpg

• Like 1

Not a song as such but have a go at this combo

Artist  - Third Ear Audio

Start with - Intro Length 1.28

Follow up with -

Third Ear Audio - Ethereality - length 6.47

• Like 1

2 complete opposite ends of the spectrum, subtle.  super tight the entire tracks good full stop and Dire Straits Love over Gold Album track Private investigations.

for serious sub-sonic bass listen to

Goldie Timeless track 1 all the way through - most unless you are into electronic music - garage or jungle and will not enjoy but for this experiment stick with it about half way through the drop in bass will suck you in like a black hole and will make you reset your bass settings accordingly. if played loud enough its like someone opened a b52 bomber hatch and let go of the cargo.

• Like 2

These are not music tracks,but these will really test your subs and whole system, they are recorded by Tom Danley Danley Sound Labs

I really like the "Fireworks Finale Short" and "train starting up" tracks

Here is the warning on the site 

TOM DANLEY’S MIC RECORDINGS
Oct 09, 2014

Well it is probably no surprise to you that I have a fondness for low frequencies and loud noises. If you have heard our speakers, I would like to think maybe its not a surprise that I am keenly interested in reproducing the “stereo image” and realism in reproduction too.

I have been developing a microphone invention for a while now and on the 4th of July, I was inspired to set it up in the back yard at my house to record the Town’s fireworks which are set off about ½ mile away.
I put the last few minutes of it on a CD and have since played it (to be honest, over and over). It was so much fun, I thought others might want to play this too.

A word of warning:

This recording has a HUGE dynamic range of about 70dB and a peak to average ratio of 40 dB. On the peaks, it is easy to clip things and the spectrum is such that the level at 10Hz is about equal with that at 50Hz (a broad mound around 25 – 30Hz). In other words, this recording can gobble up all the headroom you have and the source is one of the most difficult things to reproduce there is from many aspects. Preserving time and bandwidth critical so also try it on good headphones if your not impressed with it through your speakers.

Have fun and approach maximum level carefully.

Tom Danley

https://www.danleysoundlabs.com/tom-danleys-mic-recordings/

As mentioned, we’ve been through this, and homework is done for you.  Hit “play” and get grooving,

oh oh and I’m biased - and I wouldn’t listen to many of the suggestions just based on taste, but seriously, crank “Under the Influence” by Chemical Brothers.  It has this bass note that dips, and dips, and dips.  

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2zQbeufFv5z5RTefnaAGCi?si=eWUNpBHlReyzDDbsUW9cVw

I've mucked around with recording some of my bass heavy records onto 2 track reel to reel. 

Love vinyl but wow, proper tape (not cassette) does something out of this world to the low frequency. 

James Blake - limit to your love is ridiculous. It's not real - it's unreal. 

Perhaps not a song per se.. but I feel is good music to burn in the sub. Just leave on and walk away or stay for the music. 

I use either Morph The Cat or What I Do, both from Morph The Cat by Donald Fagen. Freddie Washington is the bass player and the recording is excellent. The bass energises the room and is tuneful.

• Like 1

Mad Cows on Acid - DDR and The Geezer (Rozzers Dog remix). 6:00. Used to blow the roof off Altona Leisure Centre. Sadly I don't have my 12" vinyl of this anymore. 😢

Bjork: Hyperballad. The bass tone at about 48hz used to be what I used for bass battle in the Toyota Starlet

On 10/07/2020 at 2:26 PM, timelord9 said:

Mad Cows on Acid - DDR and The Geezer (Rozzers Dog remix). 6:00. Used to blow the roof off Altona Leisure Centre. Sadly I don't have my 12" vinyl of this anymore. 😢

Bjork: Hyperballad. The bass tone at about 48hz used to be what I used for bass battle in the Toyota Starlet

Ah the Liberator crew. I loved all of their stuff at the time. Nothing quite tore a new one in your brain than acid techno as the sun was coming up.

The Sinister Minister - Live Art - Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. The whole track, but especially from 3:15 to 5:15. Not low bass per se, but what can be done with an electric bass guitar.

Sk8er Boi - Avril Lavigne - Let Go. Easter egg - the first verse (only) has 27Hz bass notes after each line.

Rimshot (intro) - Baduizm - Erykah Badu. Some nice bass and attacking rimshot hits.

all - Francis Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim - Frank Sinatra. Very enjoyable double bass on just about every track.

And the usual culprits from demos in the 90's:

Everybody plays the fool - Warm Your Heart - Aaron Neville

Spanish Harlem - The Raven - Rebecca Pidgeon