Best song to test your Sub/Bass

On 26/06/2020 at 4:42 PM, Ittaku said:

This is from the Diablo soundtrack by Matt Uelmen and I believe not copyrighted.

http://ittaku-subs.net/maggot.mp3

Right click and save as, otherwise it will just play in your browser.

Unfortunately their 15 year anniversary CD the mix was completely different and the bass greatly diminished so that all that remains of the original mix is this mp3 from the game itself.

Thanks!! That was unexpected and brought a smile to my face. I've played the game a couple of times and never noticed.. but I never played with the subwoofer on. 

On 25/06/2020 at 8:50 PM, gillmaverick said:

Limit to your Love - James Blake

I played this after your recommendation. That was hilarious, and I had to isolate some things in the room that would resonate in response to it. However, it's hardly realistic bass of any instrument in this world to have any idea what it's "supposed" to sound like, but at least you can check how much bass you can generate.

• Like 3

Guest jakeyb77
12 minutes ago, Ittaku said:

I played this after your recommendation. That was hilarious, and I had to isolate some things in the room that would resonate in response to it. However, it's hardly realistic bass of any instrument in this world to have any idea what it's "supposed" to sound like, but at least you can check how much bass you can generate.

You know everyone is gonna try this now ??

3 hours ago, Ittaku said:

It is a bit overwhelming but not to my liking. I like  bass that goes deep and is heavy. This is is just boomy and overblown.

On 25/06/2020 at 11:52 PM, Lukeqc said:

This

Wow! Got instant complaints from my wife upstairs, Limit to your love has the right name. 

Shaking her couch through two layers of 16mm gyprock suspended ceiling on isolators, 450mm gap filled with insulation and solid timber floors on solid timber joists. 

And I'm running 'bookshelves', stereo set up only with Lenehan ML2+Rs. 

Normally only happens watching movies. 

Edited by DrSK

1 hour ago, thejt said:

Most of the Raising Sand album by Robert Pant and Alison Krauss has fantastic acoustic bass, wonderfully deep. 

Co-signed. Especially Polly

Edited by RankStranger
  • Like 1

On 26/06/2020 at 9:17 PM, Martykt said:

@joz, what was that Röyksopp track with the waves of bass?

I am a fan of Royksopp @Martykt! Was it Running To The Sea? Great song, it's got a nice electronic bass line to it.

Cheers,

Andrew

4 hours ago, Ruffter said:

I am a fan of Royksopp @Martykt! Was it Running To The Sea? Great song, it's got a nice electronic bass line to it.

Cheers,

Andrew

Don't think it was.

From memory it was one of their older instrumental tracks without vocals.

The bass wasn't just a standard electronic bass line it was kind of unique in the way it kind of came in waves and went very low.

Yes Running to the Sea is a great track thought. :thumb:

No More Tears, by The KLF https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqN0_1rrK2U

I like this song for tuning / integrating my subs. The challenge is to get the extension and levels right so that:

1) You can hear the full range of oscillation between low- and ultra low-bass in the reggae bassline...

2) ... Without making anything else in the song (like the kick drum layered on top of the bassline) sound too boom-y

3) With the right amount of SPL's the laid back waves of bass induce motion sickness in your wife (true story!) ?

Off the top of my head.

Slam by Pendulum

Dazed and Confused by Die Antwoord

Busy Child by The Crystal Method

Song for Junior by Beastie Boys off the album Hello Nasty. The whole album has some bangers from memory. ?

Edited by 68premier