Tv calibration tips

Hi Kul01 from UK 

I have Panasonic fz802 oled TV (UK version) does anyone have any any tips or ideas to calibrate the picture quality settings under the extended picture settings please, thanks. ??

13 minutes ago, Kul01 said:

Hi Kul01 from UK 

I have Panasonic fz802 oled TV (UK version) does anyone have any any tips or ideas to calibrate the picture quality settings under the extended picture settings please, thanks. ??

hi id definitely get something like the spears and munsil disc and do some basics at least... any further get a pro calibrator if going beyond :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kul01 said:

Hi thanks for the reply Betty boop??

welcome :) below is disc am talking about, am sure available your ways ,maybe via amazon which sells it or us here.

https://www.stereo.net.au/news/spears-munsil-uhd-hdr-benchmark-calibration-disc-now-available

• Like 1

On 23/06/2020 at 6:53 PM, betty boop said:

welcome :) below is disc am talking about, am sure available your ways ,maybe via amazon which sells it or us here.

https://www.stereo.net.au/news/spears-munsil-uhd-hdr-benchmark-calibration-disc-now-available

I've always been interested in this stuff, I just read through that thread and watched the youtube clip and am scared to even attempt the calibration LOL.

The settings I use I got from rtings for my TV after they reviewed it, i've no doubt I could mine deeper into the calibration but dont have the confidence. 

12 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

I've always been interested in this stuff, I just read through that thread and watched the youtube clip and am scared to even attempt the calibration LOL.

The settings I use I got from rtings for my TV after they reviewed it, i've no doubt I could mine deeper into the calibration but dont have the confidence. 

not for everyone why professional calibrators exist and make a living :D 

for most folks I'd u=only suggest the basics leave rest to professionals...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, betty boop said:

not for everyone why professional calibrators exist and make a living :D 

for most folks I'd u=only suggest the basics leave rest to professionals...

Totally agree, even the basics provided on RTINGS etc make a nice advancement on the default options.

Someone could make plenty of coin if they could devise a system like Audyssey for TV calibration!!!