FS: Lexicon LX-7 - 7 channels power amplifier

Item Condition: Good
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Adelaide
State: South Australia
Payment Method: EFT, PAYPAL, CASH
Reason for selling: NLR

Extra Info:

Shipping around $60 Australia wide.

External condition is very good.

One of the channel occasionally has a hissing sound. I am not sure if it is my surround speaker wiring a bit exposed or the amplifier's own issue. 

Have taken it to a repairer previously and they could not locate the fault. 

So I went to the Adept Electronics in Adelaide to perform a full service and the unit recapping of capacitors (which from memory costed me around $300) 

Occasionally (maybe around once every 4-5 movies) I still hear 1-2 sec sudden hiss from one of the surround speaker. I took it back to Adept Electronics and they tested for a week without any issues. So I suspect it  could be something in my system that is causing it, not 100% sure as it didn't bother me that much and it is hard to investigate as the unit is very heavy to take in and out of my rack.

Other than that the unit works fine.

Beautiful amplifier, sounds fantastic. Plenty of power to drive any speakers, it used to drive my B&W 800 series speakers and currently driving the Focal Sopra without any issues. it can drive speakers down to 2Ohms stable.

Good for people looking at high-end  multi channels amplifier without the price tag or people that want a killer stereo amplifier that can do 400W x 2 (bridged) with channels to spare.

Reviews:

http://www.avrev.com/home-theater-power-amplifiers/multi-channel-amplifiers/lexicon-lx-7-multi-channel-power-amplifier-2.html 

https://www.soundandvision.com/poweramplifiers/144

Specs / Features:

> (200W X 7) 200 W per channel, capable of driving 2 ohm loudspeaker impedances

> Bridgeable 400 watt channels compatible with 4 ohm loudspeaker impedances

> Oversized toroidal power transformer with low DC resistance and advanced thermal protection

> High power supply voltage for extra output headroom > Four custom-designed, hand-graded output transistors per channel

> Selectable XLR, RCA, or 1/4-inch T/R/S inputs > Stable with mismatched, reactive, and unusual loads

> JTS thermal protection

> Quiet, microprocessor-controlled forced-air cooling

> Loudspeaker protection against DC and frequencies below 10Hz

> Protection against electrical and component failures, short circuits, wiring faults, and internal errors

> THX Ultra Certification

> Heavy-duty, gold-plated outputs

> Trigger input for power control from connected components

> Ground-lift switch

> Multi-color channel status LEDs 

DSC04525.JPG.70b405be99e3c7a510574ee3cb524028.thumb.JPG.cbcff0d77b5fecbcca88aa28264b89fc.JPG

DSC04526.JPG.1dd5ca02df3e071f7de26155fa7912d4.thumb.JPG.889ed83161d7fd793c35abe36b3f4b68.JPG

DSC04524.JPG.8f6726bf62d8e93d53daaca601adeeeb.thumb.JPG.f17b9cea9d3c2518c3def5a2930eaab1.JPG

Edited by cyberkank

Guest niterida
1 hour ago, Kiwi_steve said:

Man, if this was in black i would retire my 2 rotels for it. 

You could always paint  that front panel.

1 hour ago, niterida said:

You could always paint  that front panel.

How would you go about this? I would consider removing it and taking it somewhere to get done. I wouldn't be game enough to take a spray can to a nice piece of equipment like this.

On 23/06/2020 at 1:13 PM, Faust said:

How would you go about this? I would consider removing it and taking it somewhere to get done. I wouldn't be game enough to take a spray can to a nice piece of equipment like this.

could just get it wrapped.... that was its reversible...

7 minutes ago, betty boop said:

could just get it wrapped.... that was its reversible...

Great idea. Once spray paint starts to chip or scratch it will look terrible.

• Like 1