Jump to content

WTB: Integrated Amplifier High Power and Current


Recommended Posts

Item: Integrated Amplifier to suit Paradigm Tribute Speakers
Price Range: 5k can Stretch to 6k for something exceptional
Item Condition: Used
Extra Info:  Hi Guys ,

I have just sold my ATC Power Amp and am in need of a new Amplifier. I am looking at an Integrated Amplifier. My current gear is NAD C-658 Streamer and Paradigm Tribute Speakers. I like my speakers So not changing them anytime soon. Just looking for an Integrated Amp that matches Paradigm Speakers. Looking for suggestions from the experienced SNA folks....I can come for a listen to anywhere in and around Melbourne. My Budget is 5k but can stretch to 6k for something like a Vitus R100 if It's a good match. Would really appreciate help as I want something end game for me. Now I liked my ATC SPA-2 150 Power Amp but got a really good offer for it  SO had to let it go. I am a sucker for VU meters ( Luxman / Mcintosh/ Accuphase ) but unsure whats sounds good.....The thing is I am not sure what's best and So any help is appreciated.........Thanks in advance guys.......

Note - I am ready to buy for the perfect Amp............

Cheers

 

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have auditioned quite a few integrated amps and sorry to say but there is no such thing as perfect amp. For me there are 3 types of amps:

1. agile, detailed with great dynamic swings,

2. Relaxed with non fatiguing sound  

3. something in between 

 

What about that one? 01-a-s2200-sl-pb_2000x2000_505fdf25f79d4af79e354dc31ee756cd.jpg

 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Irek said:

I have auditioned quite a few integrated amps and sorry to say but there is no such thing as perfect amp. For me there are 3 types of amps:

1. agile, detailed with great dynamic swings,

2. Relaxed with non fatiguing sound  

3. something in between 

 

What about that one? 01-a-s2200-sl-pb_2000x2000_505fdf25f79d4af79e354dc31ee756cd.jpg

 

Hi Mate ,

I am in this camp.......1. agile, detailed with great dynamic swings,

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


I would consider Rega, Exposure, Primare, Bell Canto, maybe Naim, maybe March Audio from Western Australia (you can use preamp from your streamer). 

maybe the Yamaha from above because it looks great. 

BTW I auditioned Yamaha s701 integrated recently and it sounded pretty good to me especially considering the price $1100.  

 

"The P701 is March Audios' highest power mono-block amplifier. 

Featuring Hypex Ncore NC1200 technology, the class leading technical performance delivers a neutral but captivating musical sound that will suit the finest partnering equipment.  Fully 2 ohm capable with ultra low output impedance, the P701 can deliver up to 1200 Watts and 40 Amps ensuring tremendous grip and drive even with the most challenging of speaker loads.

Hand built and individually tested, the P701 is backed up with a 3 year warranty.

  • Power Output 

    • 2 Ohms - 1200 W rms

    • 4 Ohms - 700 W rms

    • 8 Ohms - 400 W rms"

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Irek said:

I would consider Rega, Exposure, Primare, Bell Canto, maybe Naim, maybe March Audio from Western Australia (you can use preamp from your streamer). 

maybe the Yamaha from above because it looks great. 

BTW I auditioned Yamaha s701 integrated recently and it sounded pretty good to me especially considering the price $1100.  

 

"The P701 is March Audios' highest power mono-block amplifier. 

Featuring Hypex Ncore NC1200 technology, the class leading technical performance delivers a neutral but captivating musical sound that will suit the finest partnering equipment.  Fully 2 ohm capable with ultra low output impedance, the P701 can deliver up to 1200 Watts and 40 Amps ensuring tremendous grip and drive even with the most challenging of speaker loads.

 

Hand built and individually tested, the P701 is backed up with a 3 year warranty.

  • Power Output 

    • 2 Ohms - 1200 W rms

    • 4 Ohms - 700 W rms

    • 8 Ohms - 400 W rms"

Thanks Irek ,

I will look into it. Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can find one, the Musical Fidelity Tri Vista 300 integrated will drive any speakers with both authority and delicacy ......  achieving 350 watts per channel into 8 ohms - 600W into 4 ohms - has 96 amps peak to peak output ........  and a pretty good phono to boot. Would be within your price range but the older MF amps seem to be going up in price and not many owners are willing to part with them ........ but you never know your luck .........   anyway, a suggestion. Good luck with your quest....... sometimes tedious but always worthwhile.

Link to post
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, mfforever said:

If you can find one, the Musical Fidelity Tri Vista 300 integrated will drive any speakers with both authority and delicacy ......  achieving 350 watts per channel into 8 ohms - 600W into 4 ohms - has 96 amps peak to peak output ........  and a pretty good phono to boot. Would be within your price range but the older MF amps seem to be going up in price and not many owners are willing to part with them ........ but you never know your luck .........   anyway, a suggestion. Good luck with your quest....... sometimes tedious but always worthwhile.

Thanks Mate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites


Thanks Mate ,

36 minutes ago, JukKluk2 said:

I can offer you this:

 

 

Negotiation is my middle name. No, it was once actually Wallace, but you get my meaning.

Thanks Mate ,

I am Intrigued by this AMP.  Will do some  reading. Looks like a great piece of kit.  Just wondering If I connect My NAD to this using XLR cable , Can I control the Volume using NAD Remote  or Do I have to use ASR remote ?.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Emitter doesn't do XLR connections, RCA only. In domestic situations, with cables lengths usually no more than 1, sometimes 2, metres, you wouldn't be able to hear any difference anyway; using cables of matching quality.

Link to post
Share on other sites


7 minutes ago, maximus said:

@gillmaverickI've heard one at PMG driving JBL Synthesis, not sure model....great amp and brilliant choice.

 

 

cheers Frank.

Thanks Frank ,

I am hoping it to better my old ATC SPA-2 150 Power Amp and I am sure It will.  No way I can afford new Amps at this price point. Cheers to the SNA classifieds and the good SNA folk. We have an awesome comunity right here....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All ,

I ended up with ASR Emitter-1 from Jack ( Jukkluk2 ).  It ended up at my place today but won't be able to set it up until next Tuesday. Will keep this thread going until I can post how it sounds  with my Paradigm Tributes for guys who are following. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Cheers

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a McIntosh MA6900 integrated - 200wpc @ 8 ohm - low noise - power - no hyperbole just supreme quality all round - none better - open to offers I don't need the power anymore

Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep them coming. Im also on the hunt for the same thing. I would have gone after one of the other emitters for sale but for the amount of real estate they take up

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Guys I have spent a couple of hours with the ASR and I am in love with this Amp. So far this has been the best match with my Paradigm Tributes. Imaging is better than before and It  blends all instruments together better than my previous ATC Amp. Will post pictures but I am in the process of DIYing a Hifi stand so will post once completed.

Cheers

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/07/2020 at 8:58 AM, gypr1961 said:

Keep them coming. Im also on the hunt for the same thing. I would have gone after one of the other emitters for sale but for the amount of real estate they take up

Save yourself a packet and check out the Kinki Studio EX-M1 !  If interested, talk to @Dacman.

 

https://6moons.com/audioreviews2/kinki/1.html

 

Edited by sonusfidelio
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...