Hi new here to the forum,

After many months of COVId19 enforced WFH, I've gotten the itch to improve my home office setup. 

Ive mainly been into IEMs in the past, and own universal AAW w900, flc8s, dunu titans. I tend to prefer neutralish signatures with good bass texture and natural soundstage.  

My budget is around $1000 and tossing up between either some desktop speakers or open backed headphones. (Including DAC/amp)

My office is pretty small at about 3m by 3m so any speaker would have to be placed fairly close to the wall. 

Any suggestions for setups? I prefer the sound of speakers, but with my budget and room I'm thinking a midfi rig (like a Sundara or 2nd hand AFO + dx3) might be a better option. 

IK Multimedia MTM

Mini monitors, go low, DSP, Mic for setup included.

Thanks for the recommendation! those look good, might see if i can audition them. Are they good for listening to music? they look more for studio monitoring and mixing

Yeah still good. Fairly nuetral, bit of warm tilt. The DSP is the key. So set them up, stick mic where your head would be, calibrate and done.

As for a headphone setup. Sundara would be a decent pick yeah. Or a used Ananda. Then any of the $200-500 all-in-ones or mini stacks that get rave reviews. Topping, Schiit, SMSL etc.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By brenglennan
      Item Condition: As new. Mint condition and just "broken in..." Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Wamboin State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash Reason for selling: Not being used, selling to fund upgrade  
      JBL 4312M II COMPACT MONITOR

*Includes NEW Atacama Speaker Stand Isolation Gel Pads (box of 8 pads) - worth AUD $55

Downsized to desktop. The JBL 4312M II delivers the legendary JBL studio sound to audio enthusiasts with limited listening space. With a tempered pure titanium dome and white pure pulp cone with pleated cloth surround, the 3-way compact monitor loudspeaker has been reworked from the previous version with new drive elements and a dividing network and enclosure to dramatically improve power, clarity and efficiency.

Innovative cabinet construction techniques increase internal volume for superior bass performance. A walnut lacquer veneer cabinet with “monitor blue” baffle and grille imbues a rugged, professional look for the new speaker, which provides classic JBL studio monitor performance.

Purchased new for $1,499 AUD in May 2020.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Low-Frequency Transducer: 133mm (5-1/4") white pure pulp cone driver with pleated cloth surround
      Midrange Transducer: 50mm (2") pure pulp cone driver with pleated cloth surround
      High-Frequency Transducer: 19mm (3/4") tempered pure titanium dome
      Recommended Amplifier Power: 75 watts
      Frequency Response: 55Hz – 50kHz (-6dB)
      Nominal Impedance: 6 ohms
      Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 90dB
      Crossover Frequencies: 7kHz, 12kHz
      Controls: Attenuators for MF and HF drivers
      Finish: Walnut lacquer veneer
      Grille Colour: Monitor blue
      Dimensions (H x W x D): 300mm x 181mm x 180mm
      Weight: 4.0kg

JBL WEBSITE
      https://www.jblsynthesis.com/products/loudspeakers/type/bookshelf-loudspeakers/4312MII-.html

JBL 4312M II COMPACT MONITOR - OWNER'S THREAD on SNA

JBL 4312M II Brochure.pdf
    • By Kkr
      Item: B&W 805 D3
      Price Range: 4000 - 4500
      Item Condition: Used
      Extra Info: Looking for a pair of 805D3 in excellent condition.
    • By Guyzer
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Croydon State: New South Wales Payment Method: EFT, Paypal, cash on pickup Reason for selling: No longer required Further information:
        These speakers were purchased new from Greg Osborn in Feb 2020. In May I bought them from the original buyer (who bought a different pair of Osbornes due to change of listening situation). The Titans are wonderful speakers. As someone fairly new to hifi they introduced me to audiophile quality and I had many a goosebump listening to them. However, going by Greg’s advice, I don't believe I can get the most from them in my small cluttered listening space (bedroom used as media/music room) where I also have to position them on the long wall. They need a moderate sized room or above to breathe. And while my eye was caught by the stunning value, my other components are not yet near the level where I can realise their potential, so I think they are better off with someone who can. I will play around with other options for now. Check out Greg’s website for info. I also have available the 3m Osborn cables for biwiring them. No box, printed manual included.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By rajivr
      Item Condition: Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Newmarket State: Queensland Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Upgraded to floor standers Further information: 
      For sale are my beloved Harbeths.
      Condition: Good.
      There is a scratch on the top of one speaker and on one the stands there are two scratches. Please see photos. Functionally, the speakers have worked flawlessly.
      Purchase history:
      Purchased second hand from fellow SNA member approx. one year ago.
      Included:
      All original boxes, literature and spikes for stands (not shown).
      RRP:
      $6000+900 (approx.)

Specs: 
      Transducer system: 
      200mm Harbeth RADIAL™ bass/midrange; 25mm ferr-cooled soft dome tweeter
      Frequency response: 
      50Hz - 20kHz +/-3dB, free-space, grille on, smooth off-axis response
      Impedance: 
      6 ohms, easy to drive
      Sensitivity: 
      85dB/1W/1m. Addit: see stereophile review. Measured about 87dB if that matters.
      Amplifier suggestion: 
      suggested from 25W. Addit: I've used this with my First Watt F7 and an Ayre AX7e. Both great.
      Power handling: 
      150W programme
      Dimensions: 
      460 x 277 x 275mm (+12mm for grille and binding posts)
      Finish: 
      Cherry
      Weight: 
      11.6kg each without packing

Reviews:
      On top audio
      https://www.on-mag.fr/index.php/topaudio/tests-auditions/13555-audition-privee-enceintes-harbeth-hl5-plus-p3esr-et-monitor-30-1-chez-high-end-audio
      6 moons
      http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/harbeth5/1.html
      The absolute sound
      http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/preview-harbeth-monitor-301-loudspeaker/
      Aushifi
      https://www.avhub.com.au/product-reviews/hi-fi/harbeth-302-anniversary-loudspeakers-review-test-496810
      New audiophile
      http://www.new-audiophile.com/
      Stereophile
      https://www.stereophile.com/content/harbeth-monitor-302-40th-anniversary-edition-loudspeaker
      Steve Guttenberg
      https://harbeth.co.uk/hifi-speaker/5/www.cnet.com/uk/audiophiliac/

Photos:

• By mistamuzo
      Item: 2.1 bookshelf/sub setup for home office.
      Price Range: Up to $500
      Item Condition: Used
      Extra Info: Flexible around brand/model, just want something that will sound nicer (with a flatter frequency response) than my 18 year old Logitech HTIB system. No fancy features in amp/receiver required, I'd be happy with stereo 3.5mm analog or optical (SPDIF) in. Sub is optional, but I do like deep bass so if no sub, then speakers that can go lower than 45Hz would be required.