Best set up for full bodied mids and warmth?

A bit late to the party with this one, but I have a pair of Harbeth 40.1s in mint condition with matching Skylan stands available for $7500.  They have the full bass you are looking for, mids among the best in the business and a top end that doesn't draw attention to itself.

• 3 months later...

Just my two'pennorth on S/hand speakers .

Someone's already mentioned Wharedales (Duntech's etc)  I would avoid most of the 1970's Wharfedales, E series, Mach etc. The 90's Diamond, Crystal series could be OK, definitely the recent Evo series. Possibly the Diamond 9.5, but with the 'super tweeter' the 9.6 may be too much.

Certainly look at the 1960's Goodmans Axiom series (8ohm) in the right enclosure these are good speakers.

One thing I would disagree with on an earlier post is the KEF range. Possibly the modern KEF's are not, but, the 1960/70's KEF are very warm in presentation, the T27 tweeter was sweet and quite rolled off compared to modern ones. Certainly the Concerto's (with upgrade X over) 104AB, C80 would be worth looking at.

Amplification, Well Yes certainly look at tube amps (which I've been since the early 90's) BUT (and even a year ago I would not have believed I would say this) I recently acquired a 'back up' set of monoblocks which are LM (Linear Module) chip based, a set of these with decent power supply and good components around them are surprisingly good. In that case a good Tube pre amp.

I have a set of modern speakers as my main, as well as a pair of WAD KLS-9's (Audax aerogel drivers), pair of home constructed with Peerless drivers and recently KEF Concerto's.  Rolling backwards, the new ones are way more 'accurate/forward/detailed' in presentation the sweetest and musical (not necessarily the most accurate) are the Concerto's.