WITHDRAWN: FS: Pioneer Exclusive M5 Class A mono block amplifiers

Item Condition: Excellent 8.5/10
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Sunbury
State: Victoria
Payment Method: EFT, Cash on pickup, PayPal (+fee)
Reason for selling: System changes

These are special amplifiers. I know its a cliched ad line but I do think these are genuinely and truly special and that's not counting the fact that these are extremely rare to find in such condition.

Pioneer spared no expense in building them. I have read that as much as 80% of the parts used inside were custom developed and built to exact specifications to achieve the performance they wanted. A special power supply & circuit design that achieves the incredible 300W in class A! These run hot, pretty hot just like a Class A amp but they are also very powerful and can virtually drive any speakers to sufficiently loud levels without running out of steam. Here is a reliable Japanese source which provides some useful details about this brilliant amp, please have a read - https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.niji.or.jp%2Fhome%2Fk-nisi%2Fm-5.htm

I had personally imported these from Japan with great expense. What I am asking is much less that what it cost me get them here. Just think of shipping cost of two double layered boxes weighing more than 30kgs each. Never thought I would sell them, but due to personal circumstances and space limitation (shared living room space), I rarely get to play my music loud and I feel using such large and powerful amplifiers to just barely be using 4-5 watts of power is utter wastage in every respect. Hence I am trying to down size my system to simple and low powered components.

Both the amplifiers are in perfect working order and there is no hum or hiss or any other issues in operation. I can confirm and will guarantee that both of these are in 100% original condition and have never been repaired or tempered with in any way.

Note that these are Japanese Exclusive M5 model (these were sold as M6 in EU and other markets) and only work on 100v. If personally picking up, I will also throw in a Tortech Aussie made 1000VA stepdown transformer that works very well to power these beasts.

Although I do have all the packaging that these were shipped in from Japan, due to the rare and delicate nature of the these I still would prefer collection. Happy to audition too. If no local interest, then I would consider shipping but the buyer will need to arrange their own pickup and shipping.

Please feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions! :) 

Cheers.

DSCF1345.JPG

DSCF1346.JPG

DSCF1383.JPG

DSCF1384.JPG

DSCF1385.JPG

DSCF1386.JPG

Edited by MrMojo
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

never ceases to amaze me of the quality of a lot of equipment that pops up in the classifieds on SNA,these just look superb I can only imagine what they sound like,i am sure someone looking for a beautiful pair of mono blocks will jump on these,
glws. 

• Like 2

Love the timber finish of these 70's and 80's amps had .

Good luck with the sale they seem to be very well priced .

Looks to be you are moving onto some serious stuff selling this .

16 hours ago, Willmax said:
17 hours ago, palexsia said:

100v last forever and better sound imo . GLWS 

How so?

Made in Japan, for the Japanese...

17 hours ago, Willmax said:

How so?

45 years on hifi I witnessed all USA / Europe especially class A high current amps /high watts hardly see any of them survive if not recaps ...and many burned/blew up/smoke after 40 years of used  but these Japanese like Accuphase and Eclusive still working fine . These 100v amps are the most reliable amps built.

Edited by palexsia
  • Like 2

They are reliably well made, made in Japan amps. But I wonder how it relates to the 100 volt issue . The inference was 240volts isn’t as good compared to 100v . Enquiring minds want to know. 

assuming you just meant Japanese gear is reliable , I agree. 

Edited by Kdjjdk Will
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Kdjjdk Will said:

They are reliably well made, made in Japan amps. But I wonder how it relates to the 100 volt issue . The inference was 240volts isn’t as good compared to 100v . Enquiring minds want to know. 

assuming you just meant Japanese gear is reliable , I agree. 

"100v" is shorthand for "made in Japan for the Japanese market". I don't believe that any inference is made for the actual voltage per se, but the only equipment that comes in 100v is just that (IJ4J).

• Like 1