SOLD: FS: 2 x E188CC SQ Gold pins tubes ( 1 x Phillip Miniwatts, 1 x Mullard Holland )

SOLD
Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Sunshine west
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: Surplus to requirements

Further information: 

(Above price are for both tubes)

I acquired the 2 tubes as NOS from the states many moons ago for my pre amp. Never end up using it.

Recently trial them in the same pre for approximately 5 hours to make sure both are functioning well (all good).

Will pack safe & secure $10 express post to anywhere in Oz.

Photos: 

IMG_8339.PNG

IMG_8341.PNG

Edited by Kuff
add pics
  • Like 1

I don’t want to give a history lesson here but the VR0 version started in 1959 and ended in mid 1960 with the introduction of the VR1 version - both these versions had D getters. From my fading memory I can’t recall if any VR2 versions came out of Heerlen and if they did were they in fact the last of the D getters - I vaguely recall coming across some but they were manufactured for 2-3 weeks only before the next version came out. After that the O getters came in starting with the VR3 version in 1961. 

The VR6 version here are at the pinnacle of Philips production roosting Europe with E188CC production in the mid 1960’s. Excellent warmth and fully stage from top to bottom is the classic signature portrayed by these valves.