Connecting bluesound Node 2i to Vintage jvc integrated

Hey guys. I bought a lovely jvc ja-s71 from a fellow sna member a few weeks ago and am very pleased with it. I have since connected it my blue sound via the auxiliary input and it sounds fantastic. My question is : should i set the output level of the bluesound to fixed and control the volume manually via the amp or should i just continue to control the volume via the bluos app and leave the volume to variable as im doing currently ? The jvc also has a power amp mode that i have tried with the bluesound and that also works well but i think i like the preamp section of the jvc and besides i wouldnt want any accidents because the amp is very powerfull and i wouldnt want to damage any of beloved speakers.  
Your thoughts would be appreciated

3DEB6D06-406B-487A-9C82-94E81D63521A.png

As an ex owner of one of these, I'd of thought that the convenience of controlling your volume via the app is the WTG.  I'd leave it at variable.

Guest jakeyb77

Depends on your priority. 
Fixed = max sound quality 

Variable = you can sit for longer 

*** This is assuming the BS uses bit stripping to lower the volume, which I assume it does, Then you’re losing resolution by using the digital volume control. I keep mine on fixed at all times 

Have a read here maybe 

Edited by jakeyb77

Try this

set your node for 50%, then Bring up the volume on your jvc to a comfortable level. , think of this as your base line. 

then slowly take your node up in volume to a point where you wouldn't want to listen any louder ie happy max volume. 

Edited by cafe67

Thanks guys. Good advice never goes astray. My next question is whether or not i could do any harm to the jvc by giving it too much signal or gain ?

13 minutes ago, cafe67 said:

Do you know what the inputs limits are ? 

Most components these days outputs are around the 2 volts 

Hope this helps you in answering my query ?

2F63BF7C-6074-42B7-BC7B-98F1C7C608F1.png

I think you should be okay. 

If there were issues, I think you would hear it as distortion in the sound.

you could switch the node to fixed, output , which I'm guessing will be 2volts ( check specs?) and slowly turn up the volume. 

Play something simple and distortion free (no ac/DC) and check for issues in the sound