Cloth Ears

Cheap wine (no three-day growth)

If there's any folks out there liking wine from Mansfield District in Upper Goulburn Valley - and are lucky enough to live on the Mornington Peninsula...

Winelover have cases of Nillahcootie for $60. And we're talking 2010 Merlot and Cab Sauv, as well as more recent reds and whites. Slightly more expensive if you order online...

(I used to think I had a bad back - then I realised it was just my liver trying to escape)

8 hours ago, Cloth Ears said:

If there's any folks out there liking wine from Mansfield District in Upper Goulburn Valley - and are lucky enough to live on the Mornington Peninsula...

Winelover have cases of Nillahcootie for $60. And we're talking 2010 Merlot and Cab Sauv, as well as more recent reds and whites. Slightly more expensive if you order online...

(I used to think I had a bad back - then I realised it was just my liver trying to escape)

Dude, that is an absolute bargain.

Any chance of posting me the link.

I'm in WA.

Cheers mate.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, needlerunner said:

Dude, that is an absolute bargain.

Any chance of posting me the link.

I'm in WA.

Cheers mate.

Tried the Merlot last night. Very nice. It's a cool climate one, so more accentuated characteristics and not quite so much of the fruit as you get from warmer grape areas. Small amounts of sediment. Very balanced.

winelover.com.au - but they don't deliver outside Victoria (I think). Also, they're a dollar more per bottle online. But, give it a go, they might organise transport to WA.

Edited by Cloth Ears

would appear the Merlot is sold out.

Are there any other wine wholesalers closer to town I should check out? Recently acquired a wine fridge (thanks @jakeyb77) and looking for an affordable way to stock it.

32 minutes ago, blybo said:

Are there any other wine wholesalers closer to town I should check out? Recently acquired a wine fridge (thanks @jakeyb77) and looking for an affordable way to stock it.

SA border is open 😁. Take the lovely wife for a trip 

3 hours ago, jakeyb77 said:

SA border is open 😁. Take the lovely wife for a trip 

I don't think it's open to us yet. I'll certainly be doing trips thru wine regions when I get the chance but we'll have kids in tow as well. Love McLaren-vale personally.

31 minutes ago, blybo said:

I don't think it's open to us yet. I'll certainly be doing trips thru wine regions when I get the chance but we'll have kids in tow as well. Love McLaren-vale personally.

#Yes few more weeks, wife and I were very lucky we travelled to SA just before lockdown in March - and stayed near MacLaren Vale on the coast.

Beautiful part of the world!

# Don't like the sound of new announcement from Andrews about restrictions being reimposed!

10 hours ago, blybo said:

Hint! They don't have EVERYTHING on the website. Turning up and looking also works. There's a really good Fiano that doesn't make the website either!