Hi from England

Hi Nigel 

Welcome aboard mate.  Great to see another overseas member joining. Maybe you could tell us about the gear you have now 

Lots of great forums and some very knowledgeable people to learn from here 

And the classified’s are a great place to pick up some bargains, but you will have to make a few posts before your given access to them. 

Enjoy 

I have two homes, an apartment in my birth town of Kendal on the edge of the English Lake District and my main home for the last 35 years in rural Leicestershire. I have more hifi flexibility in Kendal and have two systems there for all sorts of reasons. I spend most of time in Leicestershire but my listening time is probably 50/50!

Leics: ATC SCM40A, Arcam A49(as pre)/CD23T/D33 DAC/T32 tuner, Rega RP6/Aria/Dynavector 10x5, Blusound Node 2i, power foo

Kendal main: Posselt Albatross, Mactone MH300-B, MFA Baby Ref/Supratek Sauvignon, Gyro SE/OL Illustrious Mk2/Ortofon 2M Black, Arcam CD23T/D33/T32

Kendal system 2: ProAc Studio 125, Systemdek Xii900, Rotel RB-991, RC-1570, RCD-991,RT-1080, Yamaha KX-580

13 hours ago, mondie said:

Hey Nigel, great to see you on SNA! There are load of Supratek owners past and present here, including myself.

Cheers Simon

Thanks Simon.

First brief listen last night was very promising!

Looking forward to getting stuck in.

• Like 1

Ok, so I have Q's about the switches and the chrome lumps (ahem) on my Supratek (early) Sauvignon. Where/how is the best place to ask them?

I understand the gain adjustment on the rear and on the dual switches behind the 6SN7's. I understand the monitor on/off switch towards the front...

But I've only just discovered another switch between the chrome lumps... and I don't know what is inside the lumps. They look gorgeous of course! I'm sure I read something about switching between transformer and valve output; I have almost no understanding of electrickery but it would be good to know what I'm doing if I move the switch back or forward!

Tell me where to post this please. And be gentle.

Thanks,

Nigel

IMG_6280.thumb.jpg.3e693466f872f8a62c2911b9f6000c8c.jpg

• Love 1

Perhaps start a thread Nigel, people probably won't see your questions in this thread. I believe the big cans are empty, but dont recall what the switch does. Your amp looks like the version I owned 14 yrs ago.

Cheers

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mondie said:

Perhaps start a thread Nigel, people probably won't see your questions in this thread. I believe the big cans are empty, but dont recall what the switch does. Your amp looks like the version I owned 14 yrs ago.

Cheers

Sorted! Thomo suggested it is probably a mute switch - back for mute, forward for sound. Probably pretty obvious in use...

Main man Mick was reassuringly vague: "that swith had various uses over the years but it's probably a mute". Too busy making wonderful amps to worry about mentioning a switch in the manual! Love it.

Thanks all.

• Haha 2