Sign in to follow this  
gavynz

Bowers & Wilkins 685 S2 (x2) and HTM61 S2 Center

Posted (edited)
Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Caulfield South
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Paypal, Cash
Reason for selling: Upgraded to 700's

Price updated 1200.

Further information: 

Reluctant sale of my 685 s2's and HTM61 S2 center, was going to hold onto the 685's after upgrading to the 700 series, but space is at a premium. 

I've had the 685's since 2015, and the center since 2018.

No damage or any issues whatsover, an would make for an excellent starter home theatre system.

A pair of stands thrown in if wanted (not B&W specific, generic)

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

Edited by gavynz
Price update

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Benjet
      Item Condition: New in box Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Birkdale State: Queensland Payment Method: Paypal as a friend Reason for selling: not required Further information:
       Selling for a friend:
      "I bought these for a 2nd setup that failed to materialise. I have them on my main setup and I have no need for these. New, never used. If you are a fan of SR then you'll know what these do. They transformed my almost unlistenable room into a much more pleasant space to be in. The speaker kit attach to the speaker (but you can experiment with putting them on the walls too). If you have, or if you are thinking about getting an FEQ or an Atmosphere, then these will enhance their action.
      These are the newest kit that have 7 HFT's in them. The old one had 6 in total. Each kit contains - (3) Standard HFT's (2) HFT 2.0's and (2) HFT X's or enough to treat (1) speaker. The combination of the 3 HFT types is ideal for most speakers. With easy to follow placement guidelines you will dramatically improve your speakers ability to disappear in your room with tighter bass, improved mid-range clarity, and smoother more articulate highs. 

https://www.thecableco.com/hft-speaker-kit-high-frequency-transducer-set-of-6.html
      Cost me $1270 AUD shipped from the US."

Photos:

• By Artnet
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Balwyn State: Victoria Payment Method: EFT, Cash on pickup, Paypal +3% Reason for selling: Upgrdes in other areas NLR Further information:
      For Sale the well known PMC  stand mount speakers. No stand though sorry. Bought these just over a year ago, so quite a bit of the 20 year warranty left.  I was using them as rear channel only in Home theatre, driven by some cyrus mono blocks they sound terrific slight over kill for rear channel and am doing a bit of a shuffle in the 2 channel system so NLR, they deserve more heavy use.  They present as new, with all original packaging, warranty card and boxes.  If you are building a home theatre I bought a twenty C at the same time also in black ash,  that I will be putting up for sale soon so happy to do a package deal on the centre channel also.  Prefer local collection but can ship at agreed price.

Finish: Jet Black Ash
      Crossover Frequency: 1.8kHz
      Dimensions: H 410mm 16.14” W 184mm 7.25” D 367mm 14.45” (+6mm grille)
      Drive Units:
      LF PMC twenty series, lightweight doped 6.5”/170mm cone with cast alloy chassis
      HF PMC/SEAS®, 27mm twenty series, SONOLEX™ soft dome, Ferrofluid cooled
      Effective ATL™ Length: 2.0m 6.5ft
      Frequency Response: 40Hz – 25kHz
      Impedance: 8 Ohm
      Input Connectors: 2 pairs 4mm sockets (Bi-amp or Bi-wire)
      sensitivity: 90dB 1w 1m
      Weight: 8kg 17.6 lbs

Reviews:

https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/speaker/bookshelf/pmc-twenty-22-monitor-bookshelf-speakers-review/
      https://www.whathifi.com/pmc/twenty-22/review

Other info available at https://pmc-speakers.com/products/archive/archive/twenty22

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Jeffro
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Padstow State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal or cash Reason for selling: Not needed Further information:      6 ft pair of these wonderful speaker cables. 
      Plenty of reviews to be read online.  These in Australia would now be over $1k so this is good buying me thinks

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Silver Audiophile
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Central Coast State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash, EFT, Paypal Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

What Hifi 5 Star rating
      "The pricey DAC 8 is one of the most organic-sounding digital products we've
      heard"
      "Wonderfully big, authoritative, refined presentation; mighty bass; top
      class refinement; solid build"

-accept signals up to high-resolution 24Bit/192kHz level
      -inputs optical, coaxial and USB are here, accompanied by the rarer BNC and
      AES/EBU alternatives.
      -outputs include RCA and balanced

Original RRP $12k
      excellent cosmetic condition
      fully functional with no problems or issues
      Remote control included
      Original owners manual, windows driver cd (windows 7)
      Factory shipping carton for safe transport
      Smoke free, pet free home
      Buyer to pay PayPal fees if applicable
      Local pickup available or shipping at buyers expense
      Photos form part of description
      Recently serviced by Chris at Kimil Electronics Sydney - the best in the
      business- balance of 3 months warranty remaining

From the Audio Research Website:
      We are pleased to introduce the new DAC8 digital to analog converter.
      Although physically similar to its predecessor, the DAC8 represents new
      engineering that advances the state of the art in high resolution USB audio
      and S/PDIF audio.

Audio Research has maximized the USB capability of the DAC8 by incorporating
      USB 2.0 HS (High Speed) which runs at 480Mbps. USB 2.0 HS has a lower jitter
      specification than USB 2.0 FS (Full Speed 12mbps), consequently the DAC8 is
      capable of reproducing music at higher definition/resolution (up to 24/192)
      than products communicating at USB 2.0 FS speeds (24/96).

In addition, the DAC8 employs a low jitter Dual Master Oscillator design
      that will provide superior digital to analog conversion via its USB 2.0 HS
      input as well as via the more traditional S/PDIF (RCA, BNC, Toslink and
      AES/EBU) inputs that are also included on the DAC8. Our USB 2.0 HS audio
      interface is optimized for all six sample- rates currently in popular use;
      44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz.

In the past, S/PDIF was the default interface mode for High Resolution music
      files at 176.4 and 192kHz. Now, with Audio Research's Dual Master
      Oscillator, USB 2.0 HS interface, and our Quad D/A converter design, USB
      audio is finally elevated to the status once dominated by S/PDIF.

Consequently, regardless of whichever digital input you select, the Audio
      Research DAC8 promises to provide a superior listening experience.

In addition to the High Performance USB design, the DAC8 features:

"DAC8 HD Audio Device" software drivers, which allow listening to your music
      in its native sample rate as well as assuring BIT PERFECT, low jitter, data
      transfer from the computer to your DAC8. Because PC and Mac operating
      systems do not adequately support sample rates over 96kHz, Audio Research
      has developed ASIO drivers to make the USB audio experience sonically
      transparent at all sample rates. Sample Rate measuring function: Measures
      and displays the correct digital sample rate being sent to the DAC8. This
      works in USB as well as S/PDIF mode. Consequently, at a glance, you always
      know exactly which sample rate is being decoded. The DAC8 employs four
      24-bit D/A converters. Each channel uses dual 24-bit D/A converters running
      in mono mode to lower the noise floor and increase the dynamic range. Dual
      Master Oscillators: When the time base of any DAC is not an integer multiple
      of the digital music sample rate, decoding and quantization errors occur.
      Consequently, the DAC8 uses two low jitter Master Oscillators; one for 44.1,
      88.2 & 176.4kHz sample rates and the other for 48, 96 & 192 kHz sample
      rates. The DAC8 automatically selects the correct Master Oscillator the
      instant digital music is detected at the selected input. All inputs are
      galvanically isolated from the source to reduce or eliminate noise and/or
      jitter from entering the DAC8. The Analog amplifiers in the DAC8 have
      received the same attention to detail as the digital section. Each channel
      of the DAC8 uses a true direct-coupled differential amplifier with a
      bandwidth in excess of 90kHz. The DAC8's USB and S/PDIF inputs are designed
      to accept signals from an HRx, 176.4kHz, 24-bit, High-Resolution music
      server system playing HRx's DVD-R recordings. See
      www.referencerecordings.com/HRxSETUPS.asp for recommended music server
      setups. By virtue of all of the above points and our proprietary software
      drivers, intrinsic jitter has been reduced to less than 10ps.

DAC8 HD AUDIO DEVICE SOFTWARE DRIVERS:

The DAC8's USB driver software provides your computer with special
      high-speed audio drivers not supplied by MS Windows or Mac OS. The Audio
      Research USB drivers are specially designed to assure low jitter BIT PERFECT
      data transfer between the server/computer and the DAC8 at all sample rates.
      Our drivers setup the USB interface to guarantee bandwidth, independent of
      active bulk transfers from the hard drive.

From the ARC icon in your computer's input tray you can set the DAC8 to any
      sample rate from 44.1 to 192kHz and allow the music server/management
      software to up or down convert your music to the selected sample rate.

Music lovers can use custom sample rate conversion algorithms or other file
      formats provided by third party suppliers such as Windows Media Player,
      iTunes, J Rivers Media Center, Media Monkey, FooBar, and many others to
      optimize your music experience.

The DAC8 is a fully balanced, zero-feedback, solid-state design utilizing a
      direct-coupled FET output stage with generous regulated power supplies and
      seven stages of regulation. There are separate new digital and audio power
      transformers, and the board material is the same as what we use in our
      Reference products. Dynamic, forceful, immediate, and possessing remarkable
      resolution and transparency, the DAC8 is a sonic knockout that is worthy of
      the finest music systems.

With a choice of high-resolution 24/192 S/PDIF inputs (RCA, BNC, AES/EBU and
      Toslink) in addition to the highest resolution 24/192 USB available, the
      ability to adjust sample rates, the DAC8 provides the new standard in high
      performance digital music playback.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By psychometrics1
      Item Condition: Very good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Adelaide State: South Australia Payment Method: Cash, Bank deposit, PayPal with any fees Reason for selling: Changing from black to silver... Further information: My reference fully balanced amplification for several years (which is a long time for me). The Electrocompaniet AW 180M mono blocks are Class AB power amplifiers with reportedly the initial 7 watts pure Class A. They produce around 200W RMS into 8 ohms and 600W RMS into 2 ohms. Valve like, musical and prodigious bass. They run warm but not hot. Current RRP $15,495 for 180Ms and $7249 for the EC4.8 preamp:  https://tivolihifi.com.au/collections/electrocompaniet

Mono blocks are in very good condition with one inoffensive scratch on the top of one 180M unit that occurred when I moved from Perth to Adelaide two years ago (with black texta can't see it except close up). These are relatively early 180Ms made in Norway with serial numbers 1061 and 1062. They were checked, cleaned and polished by Rockeater who liaised with Electrocompaniet's top techo regarding any suggested upgrades (there were none). Fully balanced (XLR) inputs or standard single ended RCAs. These are the best all round power amplifiers I have owned (but far from the most expensive) and are very powerful but musical (typical EC strong bass and valve like mid and top without loss of extension). I am trying Krell for a change.

180M owner’s manual: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0004/3352/0692/files/AW180_Owners_manual_Rev.2_e5ce3989-6351-4163-a0aa-0d7c07aa17dc.pdf?2195007563750532036

Excellent 180M reviews, eg: http://www.enjoythemusic.com/superioraudio/equipment/1210/electrocompaniet_aw180.htm
      http://www.audioreview.com/product/amplification/amplifiers/electrocompaniet/aw-180.html
      https://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/review/analog-reviews/amplifier-reviews/electrocompaniet-aw180-and-aw600-nemo-part1/

Prefer to sell Electrocompaniet EC4.8 preamplifier with the mono blocks. This is a reference unit that was introduced around 2010 and is vastly superior to the 4.7, 4.5 and others I have owned. This one has serial number 18050189 and is in excellent condition aesthetically as well as electronically as is its remote. I am the second owner and have had it for nearly two years.

EC4.8 owner’s manual: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0004/3352/0692/files/EC4.8-Owners_Manual.pdf?16652259180657906067

Excellent EC4.8 reviews, eg: https://www.dagogo.com/electrocompaniet-ec-4-8-preamplifier-review/
      https://www.remusic.it/EN/Electrocompaniet-EC-48-preamplifier-ac02a500

Buying the EC4.8 and 180Ms together, insured shipping is included to all major capital cities. Very welcome to demo and collect with shipping cost discount if you are in Adelaide. (The ECP2 phono stage pictured is not for sale at this time - despite being black-  as I purchased it new from Tivoli about 12 months ago. However, if a purchaser of the other units wants it, to complete the sale, I would consider selling.)

Apologies that photos aren't great but I didn't want to take the pre out of the rack or remove wiring etc. 

Photos: