Apps on iPad vs apps on Android

I wanted a tablet for lazing on the couch so today I bought an iPad Air, as the many reviews I read mentioned that "the best tablet experience" can be found on iPads vs the Android tablets.

Installing my two favourite apps (Bandcamp and Instagram) and both are basically lower-res smartphone apps that don't display full screen.  I assume this means the app developers (for some reason) don't know how to display stuff in the iPad's native resolution. Pffft.

The Bandcamp app is further hobbled by not allowing purchases. Assuming this is something to do with Apple taking a cut of any in-app purchases.

Anyway ...  I don't think I'm getting "the best tablet experience" from these apps. I'm considering exchanging the iPad for a Samsung S6 Lite or similar.

I'm assuming that these apps on Android will display full-screen but want to confirm that so lemme know if you have experienced similar issues on Android tablets.

--Geoff    

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently looking for a tablet. Was already leaning towards Android - now even more so reading your experiences. Plus don't own and have never owned anything in Apple ecosystem.

1 hour ago, zippi said:

I am currently looking for a tablet. Was already leaning towards Android - now even more so reading your experiences. Plus don't own and have never owned anything in Apple ecosystem.

If I was starting again I’d get a Samsung S6 lite, or a Samsung S5e if available. The iPad Air is okay, and Garage Band is fun, but I prefer the Android ecosystem.

—Geoff