Insurance claim - how long does it take ?

Hi,

I bought an amp recently and had it sent via a company that packed and couriered it to me. The amp arrived with damage to the inputs.  A claim was filed last week and I was wondering how long it would take for a claim like this to be sorted. The amp was insured for full purchase amount. The person I have been dealing with told me that they will get in touch. Now, without wanting to bother them unnecessarily, I feel that I can wait but how long, I am not sure.

Has anyone been in this situation and how much time should I give them before another call? I was thinking 2 weeks from lodging the claim. Any thoughts / opinion is very much appreciated. Cheers 

They have all the photos of the damage and you refused to accept the parcel or was it dropped at your doorstep and run typical rubbish like which a Sendle Courier did to one of my amp deliveries ? In that case I hope you notified the carrier straight away 

1 hour ago, DEANO23 said:

They have all the photos of the damage and you refused to accept the parcel or was it dropped at your doorstep and run typical rubbish like which a Sendle Courier did to one of my amp deliveries ? In that case I hope you notified the carrier straight away 

The box did not show any signs of damage. it was dropped of at my place and the wife signed for it. The amp is about 35 kgs and so it was left untouched till I opened it up that evening and noticed the damage. I contacted the company the next day and they sent me the claim forms to fill up. The insurance was taken by the company  that packed the amp. Paid a decent price for the service. 

Keep making polite enquiries until it's either settled or it's way too long and you want the insurance ombudsman involved.

Unfortunately there's no standard time for claims settlement, although if everything is straightforward then there are few excuses for longer terms.

• Like 1

In theory it shouldn't take long, just some paper work to complete.

However, in practice we are dealing with insurance companies.  A few years ago I put a claim for damage to a microwave, and they delayed processing the claim for over 6 months!  I suspect they were hoping that I would just give up and they would save some money. 

I hope you have good results.

Guest jakeyb77

Had a similar thing with Pack N Send. Once they got the repair quote the money was in the bank that day. 
As for their packing skills.... never again 

15 hours ago, jakeyb77 said:

Had a similar thing with Pack N Send. Once they got the repair quote the money was in the bank that day. 
As for their packing skills.... never again 

Same here. Packaging was below par. The damage is quiet unusual. 2 inputs bent in and the box didn’t show any signs of mishandling. 
Anyway, I will be contacting them next week to see where we are at. 
will update as I go.