FS: Dali Opticon 5 speakers

Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: 2210
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: EFT
Reason for selling: Fund an upgrade

Further information: 

A musical performer, this brand is popular in Japan and Hong Kong. But, not too well known here. It is an unknown gem. 

Photos: 

99D1F6FC-ABFD-46A6-87D3-BC68C633403D.jpeg

Edited by Johnno2017
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Johnno2017 said:
Price: $1300
Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: 2210
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: EFT
Reason for selling: Fund an upgrade

Further information: 

A musical performer, this brand is popular in Japan and Hong Kong. But, not too well known here. It is an unknown gem. 

Photos: 

99D1F6FC-ABFD-46A6-87D3-BC68C633403D.jpeg

I have the same amp and speaker combination, love the sound.

GLWTS

Edited by Ozflyer

3 hours ago, Ozflyer said:

I have the same amp and speaker combination, love the sound.

GLWTS

You have the Rubicon. That’s the top of the line. The Musical Fidelity M6 loves the JPS labs power cable, there is one selling on SNA. Should consider it.

• Like 1

Indeed Epicon is the top of the line.

I fell in love with Dali while I was listening at their Ikon 6 Mk2  some years ago. Since I had the chance to own the Opticon 5, Rubicon 2 and Epicon 2. And I loved them all  ?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JulesOz said:

Indeed Epicon is the top of the line.

I fell in love with Dali while I was listening at their Ikon 6 Mk2  some years ago. Since I had the chance to own the Opticon 5, Rubicon 2 and Epicon 2. And I loved them all  ?

Dali fan Yay. I would love to try the Epicon range, if I have the spare $$$. What amp did you use to pair them?

Opticon with a Cayin A50-T, Rubicon with a Heed Obelisk (another brand pretty famous in Europe but not here) followed by an Elekit 8200.
Now the Epicon are powered by Elekit 8340. They need more juice than the Rubicon, even if they have pretty close specs.

Dali speakers react very well to tube amps, they give a more relaxed presentation to these "forward" speakers. But if you're into a really precise sound, wanna hear all the details, give them a good SS amp and they will shine too!

I sold my Rubicon 2 lately to @DrMikeOz, he didn't know the brand either but he's really happy with them! It's a bit of a mystery why Dali is almost unknown here....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Johnno2017 said:

You have the Rubicon. That’s the top of the line. The Musical Fidelity M6 loves the JPS labs power cable, there is one selling on SNA. Should consider it.

couldnt find it listed , maybe expired ?

56 minutes ago, JulesOz said:

Opticon with a Cayin A50-T, Rubicon with a Heed Obelisk (another brand pretty famous in Europe but not here) followed by an Elekit 8200.
Now the Epicon are powered by Elekit 8340. They need more juice than the Rubicon, even if they have pretty close specs.

Dali speakers react very well to tube amps, they give a more relaxed presentation to these "forward" speakers. But if you're into a really precise sound, wanna hear all the details, give them a good SS amp and they will shine too!

I sold my Rubicon 2 lately to @DrMikeOz, he didn't know the brand either but he's really happy with them! It's a bit of a mystery why Dali is almost unknown here....

this is indeed true - they sound great paired with either of my tube amps - even my less grunty 8wpc still sounds pretty great. 

• Like 1