FS: Vintage GEC Octagonal Periphonic Loudspeaker Cabinets

Item Condition: Refurbished - Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Perth
State: Western Australia
Payment Method: Cash
Reason for selling: Incomplete project taking up valuable space

**** RELIST with significant price reduction.

For sale is a pair of very rare fully refurbished vintage 1958 GEC Octagonal Periphonic Loudspeaker Cabinets.

I obtained these a few years ago in poor condition and rebuilt the cabinets internally and externally as a project for myself.  Like a lot of my projects I just don't have the time to finish them and they're now taking up a lot of valuable space and fear they will get knocked about and damaged.

Unfortunately the veneer on these was shot and replacing it would have well exceeded their value.  The cabinets have been repaired, braced and fully dampened internally with bitumen paint.  There's a lot hours and materials invested in this project.

There are no drivers included in the sale, but I will provide the original GEC crossover components, which will require somebody astute to set them up. 

This would make an excellent project, particularly for tube and horn lovers as the cabinets would easily support horns or other external drivers. They're completely rock solid weighing at least 35kg each.

There is also a multitude of set up and component options with these as the cabinets can also be placed in the corners of the room as they're also designed to do, and the plinths are removable.  Each cabinet houses 2 x 8" drivers with a separate chamber for the rear/LF driver mounted on the rear baffle.  

A lot of flexibility and set up options exist with these as 2 x 8" drivers can be mounted on the front baffle, or seperate HF and MF drivers with the LF mounted on the rear baffle.  Also the black cloth can ve changed to a retro fabric to completely change the look. 

They measure 850 (H) x 525 (W) x 390 (D).

All the hard work is done and they just need populating with drivers and crossovers.

**** The sale is for the cabinets and crossover components only.

Cheers

Pete 

thumbnail_IMG_1037.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1038.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1039.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1040.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1041.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1042.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1043.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1044.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1045.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1046.jpg