FS:ADL Dynaudio Excite X32 Floorstanders

Item Condition: 7/10
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Adelaide
State: South Australia
Payment Method: Cash
Reason for selling: No room for more speakers - WAF

Further information:  Well, I snaffled these because I adored the X12 and X14 stand-mounts from Dynaudio and wanted to have a go with their compact floor-standing sibling, but the other half has put the hard word on and I can only keep one system alive and so I'm keeping my much larger and considerably more expensive PSB Platinums and despite the attraction, the Dyns will be moving on. As I bought this pair from Matt Taylor in the hills not long ago I hope he won't mind that I use his very professional ad without any changes. The price is the same. There is some minor deformation of the tweeters as pictured in Matt's ad but as a long-time Dyn user - including some much more expensive models - I feel confident in saying there is no audible degradation of the treble quality for me. The cabinets are the gorgeous Rosewood versions which have always been preferable to me over the black or white versions. These don't take up any more floor-space than the stand-mounts but present a larger soundscape and hold together a little better at volume if you happen to turn up the wick a little on a Friday night. Dispersion is better than the models with similar cone area in a single, larger driver - and I find that a significant issue in the Dynaudio 2-ways that can affect proper imaging and sibilance. Speed and low level listening too are good as it's easier to move two smaller drivers with low level sounds than get one heavier one moving, all other things being equal, and low-level listening is another typical Dyn issue that has driven me mad on occasion with the more robust 2-ways. It doesn't seem present here. 

I find the X32s more listenable by some margin than the D2/7s I had or the Emit series and they have a little pleasant warmth in the mid-bass that is reminiscent of the old Focus 110 models which were also about my speed voicing-wise though these will play louder without losing composure. I did try some Focus 160s too but, despite being undeniably accurate and beautifully made, they lacked a bit of romance and a forgiving nature that I appreciate for my varied listening - which includes plenty of music that is not perfectly recorded. If you're after a well made, compact floor-stander that won't break the bank and can provide plenty of musical enjoyment, these may well fit the bill. I am located in the Adelaide Southern suburbs. Anyhow, on with the ad.. ? 

As far as auditioning goes - I don't have a perfect listening space available right now but they can certainly be demoed for proper function. 

Specs etc:

https://www.dynaudio.com/discontinued-models/excite/x32#tech-specs

Photos (courtesty of Matt)

IMG_8224.jpg.34ee1da940f8092104f855a31ed4731c.jpg

IMG_8225.jpg.d9f8f8b5ee0b8ccc287552ffbc6da25e.jpg

IMG_8227.jpg.57162ac3e19e429b3fb684dcb2251eb2.jpg

IMG_8226.jpg.42f600e69045d6cc98714467fede7cdf.jpg

IMG_8229.jpg.11cb9b3d840116830f2b340a0682ab50.jpg

IMG_8230.jpg.7ae25ac74d0e8447da995a9fe5ad7f7f.jpg

Edited by treuben
  • Like 2

I liked my x32s... worked really well in smaller to midsized room.

Almost regretful in selling them but too many floorstanders meant they didn't get much use. 

Lovely little speakers...

Best of luck. 

• Like 1