FS: ATRAD Audio Model 7 tube amp

Item Condition: As new
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Wollongong
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: Paypal (F&F or buyer pays fees), EFT
Reason for selling: Getting a new one!

Further information: 

Something that probably doesn't come up very often, this is a hand made tube amp from my friend Adam from ATRAD audio in Wellington. I purchased this about 5 months ago after a friend heard one of his amps and thought it was fabulous.

You can read the story of it's creation here (https://atrad-audio.co.nz/index.php/model-7-amplifier/) and the one in the website photos is the one I have, even down to the small chip on the casing you can see in the photos. Adam makes each of these by hand with the highest quality components, in this case about $600+ of transformers from English Acoustics alone.  As many tube amp aficianados know, the transformers play a big part in the overall sound quality.  Combine that with the fabulous NOS Valvo EL95 tubes and it sounds great. 

Despite its low power output this amp sounds fabulous, I have paired it with several speakers of 90dB sensitivity and greater and it drives them with very little effort, never needing to go higher than 11'oclock. 

The reason for selling is that Adam is currently in the process of building me a custom version of it's big brother, the Matariki. 

Asking price includes insured shipping Oz wide or if you want to pick up we can discuss a lower price. 

Specifications

Topology Line-level amplifier, grounded cathode gain stage, AC-coupled
longtail pair phase inverter, push-pull EL95 output in class AB using cathode-bias ultralinear topology, global negative feedback. 300V Plate Voltage.
Valve complement Gain stage: 1 X 6N1
Phase Inverter: 2 X 6N1
Output: 4 X EL95
Power Output (measured) 7W RMS both channels driven, 1kHz continuous, resistive load 
Distortion (measured) 0.2% THD at 1W, 5% THD at 7W, 20Hz – 20KHzboth channels driven, resistive load 
Output Impedance 8Ohm only
Input Impedance 100 KOhms 
Input Sensitivity 1.0v p-p for rated power (0.35v RMS) 
NFB 14dB 
Frequency Response 6Hz – 35kHz ±1dB @ 1W
15Hz – 35KHz ±1dB @ 7W 
Signal:Noise Noise Floor: -75dB @ 1W, -83dB @ 7W
Power consumption 230v 50Hz 90w nominal

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_20200608_121816.jpg

IMG_20200608_121838.jpg

IMG_20200608_121834.jpg

IMG_20200608_121827.jpg

IMG_20200608_121823.jpg

61043770619__5B6C9073-61A8-47E4-A2FA-94B21530470B.jpeg

Just now, DrMikeOz said:

They are Tekton Lores - awesome speakers for the price. 

Ah....I was wondering if they were Tektons. Not very common here in Australia - am guessing you got them shipped direct from the US?

Am digressing though - good luck on the amp sale!

Just now, anandpkumar said:

Ah....I was wondering if they were Tektons. Not very common here in Australia - am guessing you got them shipped direct from the US?

Am digressing though - good luck on the amp sale!

Yup - ordered them directly. Great speakers but the shipping cost + duty did make them much less of a bargain.  

Might be worth trying to get a group of people together next time  to split the cost ;) 

• Like 2

I too am having a love affair with Tektons (Perfect SET 15's) driven often by an Elekit TU-8200 single-ended amp with Sophia Electric EL-34ST tubes (8W).

Your amp would also be a great match , methinks. Somebody buy this bargain amp pronto...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, doogie44 said:

I too am having a love affair with Tektons (Perfect SET 15's) driven often by an Elekit TU-8200 single-ended amp with Sophia Electric EL-34ST tubes (8W).

Your amp would also be a great match , methinks. Somebody buy this bargain amp pronto...

I think i saw your post on the Sophia Electric EL34s recently. They are on my to buy list as they can go into my LM518 *and* my other little Musical Paradise amp. Emailed them about shipping so hopefully once this sells i can use that money for them ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Braddles 63 said:

Good luck with the sale.

i too had the Lores a while back. Can highly recommend some floor spikes. And floor protectors for your case.

Thanks - got the spikes and just waiting for my Herbies protective discs to arrive next week