FOUND: WTB: SA- Inexpensive Turntable needed urgently

Item: Inexpensive turntable
Price Range: up to $200
Item Condition: New or Used
Extra Info: A friend needs a tt as a 16th birthday gift for her vinyl loving son. I have an amp for her and they have speakers already, just need a decent tt with cartridge to get started. She just got in touch and needs it ideally over the weekend. Anything around??

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).

I just checked facebook marketplace around Adelaide and found an  Akai AP206C Direct Drive  for $100.   Needs headshell, cartridge and dust cover,  but otherwise working apparently.   

not much on gumtree.   

There;s a few ebay 'buy it now' options about the right price too.   APAN, AKAI, SONY

If you had more time I'd suggest this  as about the best new option around,   just a little over at $250.    Ignore the $799 RRP.    I think it's the same as the Project Primary E TT which is usually $350 or so I believe

https://www.digitalcinema.com.au/pro-ject-klireftt-klipsch-belt-drive-audiophile-turntable.html

Damn wish I coud help Anthony - I have a great Hitachi P17 sitting here gathering dust because the auto return went crazy and I can't seem to fix

it - I would have gladly given it to you if it worked properly.  sorry.

Any luck yet Anthony?

Same story here I have an Apan but no plinth plus a few other carcasses that wouldn't take much to get going if you had a bit more time.

58 minutes ago, McCvinyl said:

Any luck yet Anthony?

Same story here I have an Apan but no plinth plus a few other carcasses that wouldn't take much to get going if you had a bit more time.

Nothing concrete sadly, something will pop up I'm sure.

Thanks for the thoughts too @Grumpy and @manchu

I was in Holy Vinyl last week and there was a couple of secondhand TTs for sale. didn't note the prices but expect they might be a bit beyond budget. worth a call maybe.

Got a Technics SL-23 FG 

$100

new cart and belt, holds 33 perfect, bit erratic on 45 but jumps straight back to lock on to 33

Problem will be transport 

Edited by Powerglide
Found old ad

And sorted, thanks to all who posted and PM-ed!