SOLD: FS: TAD Evolution One Speakers

SOLD
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Kingscliffe
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information: 

Advertising these for a friend

They are 2 1/2 years old and in immaculate condition. They were bought then something else came along and theyve been in storage for the last 18 months

All the original packing is available for shipping

These can be personally delivered as far as VIC, the owner would rather they arrived safely

https://www.stereophile.com/content/tad-evolution-one-loudspeaker

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

4-tad-evolution-one.jpg

3-tad-evolution-one.jpg

2-tad-evolution-one.jpg

1-tad-evolution-one.jpg

Edited by gypr1961
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Make no mistake, these are off the charts speakers!

Responsible for me selling my Wilson Audio Sasha speakers and converting to TAD when I heard them at the hifi show many years ago.
Very well priced given the exchange rate.

If you are in the market at this price range then pounce!!!!

??

Edited by Yamaha_man
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, gypr1961 said:
Price: $18000
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Kingscliffe
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information: 

Advertising these for a friend

They are 2 1/2 years old and in immaculate condition. They were bought then something else came along and theyve been in storage for the last 18 months

All the original packing is available for shipping

https://www.stereophile.com/content/tad-evolution-one-loudspeaker

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

4-tad-evolution-one.jpg

3-tad-evolution-one.jpg

2-tad-evolution-one.jpg

1-tad-evolution-one.jpg

What on earth beat these?? GLWTS

2 hours ago, Yamaha_man said:

Make no mistake, these are off the charts speakers!

Responsible for me selling my Wilson Audio Sasha speakers and converting to TAD when I heard them at the hifi show many years ago.
Very well priced given the exchange rate.

If you are in the market at this price range then pounce!!!!

??

Lol, exchange rate should be no longer a advantage factor now, Aussie dollars have bounced back to 70 cents now

Edited by ikhuong
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, ThirdDrawerDown said:

Ha, Ha Murray, I just gerried, I still get nightmares over those big black coffins, especially carrying them up 17 steps to my front door.......all 83kgs of them.....each. Lucky I went to the gym.????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ikhuong said:

Lol, exchange rate should be no longer a advantage factor now, Aussie dollars have bounced back to 70 cents now

Bahahahaha what a crock!

When I bought my first pair of Ref 1’s the exchange rate was around 90c, they retailed for $88,000 at the time. From memory the evolution 1’s retailed around $30,000.

The new model of these retails for close to 50k now, if the exchange rate was around 90c again they would be much cheaper.

Trust me, the exchange rate has everything to do with it.

Edited by Yamaha_man
  • Like 9

19 hours ago, Yamaha_man said:

Bahahahaha what a crock!

When I bought my first pair of Ref 1’s the exchange rate was around 90c, they retailed for $88,000 at the time. From memory the evolution 1’s retailed around $30,000.

The new model of these retails for close to 50k now, if the exchange rate was around 90c again they would be much cheaper.

Trust me, the exchange rate has everything to do with it.

My recollection was the retail back then was closer to 40-45k, and that was with the significantly stronger dollar! The new model is around 50k but IMO the new model is an ME1 with more bass drivers, its not the Andrew Jones masterpiece we have here that is more a scaled down version of the R1, as opposed to a scaled up version of the ME1 :)

I've owned the CR1, and still currently own the E1. The CR1 brings tears to your eyes, but in many ways the E1 is a better all rounder and easier to enjoy, and the bass response is next level.

• Like 2

I had the pleasure of listening to these speakers a while back as well a stunning sound they are beautifully made.
The owner is fastidious about looking after his gear, so purchase with confidence.

• Like 1

I've resisted commenting but ...

I've lusted over E1s for years. That tweeter impressively extends well into supertweeter territory (read about the benefits of supertweeters).  The CST must be to die for.

As an indication of their potential bass output these E1 are capable of ouputting 19Hz with Devialet Speaker Active Matching (SAM).

https://www.devialet.com/en-au/expert-pro-sam-ready-speakers/tad/evolution-1/

That's impressive! For protection, SAM also limits maximum excursion of the 18cm woofers to 3mm, whereas for CR1 with 20cm woofer it is a whopping 10mm, and ME1-K's 16cm woofer to 4mm.  By comlarison the dynaudio C4 reach down to 17Hz with max 5mm excursion with its 20cm woofers.  Excursion may not be the be all - end all.  This is a bit puzzling, so I'm wondering if the TAD lovers have observations about if this impacts/constrains E1s bass output even when not using SAM.

Floorstanders with high excursion are very rare. Instead I use sub woofers with Dynaudio C1s.  It's not difficult to see my subs pump to in excess of 3mm at even just moderate volume with bass heavy tracks - check out the Great Gatsby soundtrack.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dbastin said:

I've resisted commenting but ...

I've lusted over E1s for years. That tweeter impressively extends well into supertweeter territory (read about the benefits of supertweeters).  The CST must be to die for.

As an indication of their potential bass output these E1 are capable of ouputting 19Hz with Devialet Speaker Active Matching (SAM).

https://www.devialet.com/en-au/expert-pro-sam-ready-speakers/tad/evolution-1/

That's impressive! For protection, SAM also limits maximum excursion of the 18cm woofers to 3mm, whereas for CR1 with 20cm woofer it is a whopping 10mm, and ME1-K's 16cm woofer to 4mm.  By comlarison the dynaudio C4 reach down to 17Hz with max 5mm excursion with its 20cm woofers.  Excursion may not be the be all - end all.  This is a bit puzzling, so I'm wondering if the TAD lovers have observations about if this impacts/constrains E1s bass output even when not using SAM.

Floorstanders with high excursion are very rare. Instead I use sub woofers with Dynaudio C1s.  It's not difficult to see my subs pump to in excess of 3mm at even just moderate volume with bass heavy tracks - check out the Great Gatsby soundtrack.

This is probably not the best place for this kind of discourse, so i'll be brief...

I have a Devialet Expert Pro 1000 and have run both CR1's and E1's with SAM enabled so am pretty well placed to answer your question. Take it from me, don't worry about the specs (excursion), the Dev has so much grace and power and controls the TAD's with ease and the word 'contrain' just does not come in to the vocabularly with TAD. The bass response from the E1's is obviously stronger, weightier and reaches lower than the CR1 as it's a full floorstander with twin woofers. I've never encountered such thunderous, tuneful,  tight bass through any other speakers. i dare say only the R1's would be more satisfying. Absolutely no need to use subs. When speakers like these are so fast and coherent through the whole frequency range, no need to stuff it up with additional speaker/subs.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This is a for sale section not a forum which it is morphing into but I guess one more comment wont hurt.  While A Jones might not be in the house TAD will very definitely be working in his footsteps I dear say. Obviously also attention to finishing detail will be exceptional. For the money they look to be an impresive buy. I think the only other comment I would have is to make sure your supporting gear is up to the task. 

All the best with your sale.