Item Condition: Very good
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Notting Hill
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Cash on pickup or Paypal
Reason for selling: No longer required

Further information: 
This Kenwood KD-550 direct drive turntable was owned by my meticulous (some might say pedantic) father-in-law since new. It's being sold as he's moved into a retirement village and didn't have room for his old hifi equipment, nor to store his vinyl collection. It plays perfectly (tested prior to moving) but I don't have an amplifier with a phono input so can't audition for you. 

It comes with an Ortofon NF15 MKII cartridge, which I suspect is quite old and would be worth replacing. The model plate on the front is off-kilter (see photos) but could be re-glued fairly easily. 

The plug is a 2-pin vertical US plug, not the standard Australian plug, so it will need to be used with an adaptor or have the plug replaced. It has been used for years with 240V power in Australia, using an adaptor.

Details here from someone who knows far more than I do: 

https://liquidaudio.com.au/kenwood-kd-500-kd-550-direct-drive-turntable/

If you need it shipped, let's figure out courier costs, otherwise pickup from Notting Hill VIC is the way to go. 

002.jpg

003.jpg

001.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Plug 006.jpg

Edited by MarkR_22
Update to include non-standard plug image
  • Like 3

Awesome way to get into vinyl!

With a reasonable cart, this will pants a lot of well known brands.

And just look at the condition!