SOLD: FS: Whatmough FX1 mini monitors with Custom Grizzly Stands

Item Condition: 8/10
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Glen Huntly
State: Victoria
Payment Method: CASH, PAYPAL, BEER, Whiskey
Reason for selling: Too Many speakers

Further information: 

I purchased these used in 2017 and these have been the longest speakers I have kept. They have seen off many other speakers, floor standers may have more bass and output but these just sound right to me.

It’s a sealed box so there isn’t much bass but what it has is GREAT.

These love a bit of power to make them sing….. Lots of power.

These sounded best with Naksa 70 & B&O ICE 125ASX2  an amp with lots of bass control.

For a while I had these speakers at work in a large warehouse and mini Topping class D Tripath amp and it wasn’t too bad even with these tiny bass drivers.

It is the Whatmough house sound in a tiny package.  These sound good on stands over putting them on a side table or shelf.

2 way sealed enclosure using 140cm bass driver

25mm soft dome tweeter

Efficiency: 85dB input level 2.83v - 1watt into 8ohms

65Hz to 20kHz +/- 3dB

300H x 185W x 180D

6kg

Finish: Burnt Cherry (?)

mounting bracket on back

There are a few marks on the speakers nothing major.

60cms Stands I had made in 2018 by Anthony (Grizzly) they cost me around $330 I think (could be more)

Perfect for these speakers and LS3/5a size speakers

has spikes and floor disc. These work well on hard floors. For carpet a heavy weight on the bottom of the stands will keep it balanced. I used books or LPs.

Willing to separate. Open to reasonable offers.

Photos: 

1339_0002.jpg

1339_0003.jpg

1339_0004.jpg

1339_0005.jpg

1339_0006.jpg

1339_0007.jpg

1339_0008.jpg

1339_0009.jpg

1339_0011.jpg

Edited by misternavi
  • Like 5

Lovely looking speakers with beautiful stands. I would have snapped them if I am in Melbourne and love the Whatmough house sounds as an ex owner of 201i leadline and 502i.

GLWTS. 

9 hours ago, vinilink said:

Lovely looking speakers with beautiful stands. I would have snapped them if I am in Melbourne and love the Whatmough house sounds as an ex owner of 201i leadline and 502i.

GLWTS. 

i wish i could afford the 201i or 502. i have been wanting to go upgrade to top end whatmoughs but could never afford it. 

settled for poor mans whatmough- Benchmark s500- made by colin, focal drivers, looks like a 201 but with bottom cavity to convert into floorstanders 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, misternavi said:

i wish i could afford the 201i or 502. i have been wanting to go upgrade to top end whatmoughs but could never afford it. 

settled for poor mans whatmough- Benchmark s500- made by colin, focal drivers, looks like a 201 but with bottom cavity to convert into floorstanders 

Sold 502 to a friend of mine at $3k with a Whatmough stands as I just didn't have time to enjoying them since being relocated to OS.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hugo_wilco
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: EFT cash PayPal for friends Reason for selling: NLR Further information: This is a 2.5m pair of speaker cable. Bought from KD Audio. It has WBT next Gen termination.  Please see photo they have plastic guiders but only in end and they aren’t directional. 

These sell for $2,700 so this is great value. 

see other listing for matching interconnects. 

https://www.jdaudioonline.com.au/product/carbon-8-loudspeaker-cable/

Photos:

• By engineer
      Item: PMC Twenty5.26 (walnut)
      Price: $8950 (reduced)
      Item Condition: Brand New (Box unopened / Sealed)
      Reason for selling: Upgrading to MB2 
      Payment Method: Pickup/Drop Off - Cash, Bank Transfer.
      Extra Info: 

PMC Twenty5.26 in best finish - Walnut.

BRAND NEW – UNOPENED

Full WARRANTY.

Firstly, I love these speakers. When I first heard these speakers I absolutely fell in love. They sound amazing and have a soundstage to die for. They are also very well regarded in the audiophile community. I now have the opportunity to upgrade and the upgrade bug has totally hit me hence my reason for selling.

https://pmc-speakers.com/products/consumer/twenty5/twenty526

…The flagship model in the twenty5 series is also the most capable. The mid-range dome driver makes it the most revealing while the substantial bass driver coupled to an extended ATL produces tangible bass that brings music and movies to life…

Can arrange pickup, drop off in Sydney or can post at buyers expense.

Reduced price to sell.

Any questions please feel free to ask.

Photos:

• By ThisMustBeThePlace
      Item Condition: Second hand Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: North Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Upgraded. No longer required Further information:

Clearing out some space. Plenty of reviews online. Made in Denmark. Have been used in both 2 Channel set up and a home cinema. Have powered them with a variety of receivers and amps with little fuss.

No issues apart from a few marks on the finish (please see photos)

Power Handling 150W - 200W
      Weight 16kg
      Number of speakers: 4
      Impedance: 4
      Sensitivity: (dB/W/m): 90.0

Photos:

• By buddyev
      Item Condition: very good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Richmond 3121 State: VIC Payment Method: cash on pick up Reason for selling: upgrade Further information: Quad 22L 2 in gloss black.  As you can see its very difficult to photograph but they are in very good to excellent condition and a beautiful piece of furniture.
      Includes the original outrigger spikes.

Transducer Complement 2.5 Way 
      Cone Bass Driver 170mm / 6.5 
      Cone Bass / Mid Driver 170mm / 6.5 
      Soft Dome Tweeter 25mm / 1 
      Nominal Impedance 6 Ohms 
      Frequency Response (-6dB) 30Hz - 28kHz 
      Upper Limit (-10dB) 32kHz 
      Power Handling - Continuous 150W 
      Power Handling - Recommended Amplifier 50-300W 
      Enclosure type Ported / Sealed Mid 
      System Fb 35Hz 
      Crossover Frequency(s) 150Hz, 3kHz 
      Construction 15/25mm MDF 
      Dimensions HxWxD :850x205x278mm

https://www.techradar.com/au/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/hi-fi-and-av-speakers/quad-22l2-99671/review

Photos:

• By willy_willy_willy
      Hi everyone! 

I've got a mate who's happy to sell me his old speakers for $500. 

Just wanting to know what kind of amplifier would need to drive these well? I'm still happy with my Audioengine A2+ powered speakers but this offer seems too good to turn down! 

Help me out! There's all this mixed information about Mission and whether their Made in China status has negatively influenced their products! 

Thanks anyone and everyone in advanced