SOLD: FS: Whatmough FX1 mini monitors with Custom Grizzly Stands

SOLD
SOLD
Item Condition: 8/10
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Glen Huntly
State: Victoria
Payment Method: CASH, PAYPAL, BEER, Whiskey
Reason for selling: Too Many speakers

Further information: 

I purchased these used in 2017 and these have been the longest speakers I have kept. They have seen off many other speakers, floor standers may have more bass and output but these just sound right to me.

It’s a sealed box so there isn’t much bass but what it has is GREAT.

These love a bit of power to make them sing….. Lots of power.

These sounded best with Naksa 70 & B&O ICE 125ASX2  an amp with lots of bass control.

For a while I had these speakers at work in a large warehouse and mini Topping class D Tripath amp and it wasn’t too bad even with these tiny bass drivers.

It is the Whatmough house sound in a tiny package.  These sound good on stands over putting them on a side table or shelf.

2 way sealed enclosure using 140cm bass driver

25mm soft dome tweeter

Efficiency: 85dB input level 2.83v - 1watt into 8ohms

65Hz to 20kHz +/- 3dB

300H x 185W x 180D

6kg

Finish: Burnt Cherry (?)

mounting bracket on back

There are a few marks on the speakers nothing major.

60cms Stands I had made in 2018 by Anthony (Grizzly) they cost me around $330 I think (could be more)

Perfect for these speakers and LS3/5a size speakers

has spikes and floor disc. These work well on hard floors. For carpet a heavy weight on the bottom of the stands will keep it balanced. I used books or LPs.

Willing to separate. Open to reasonable offers.

Photos: 

1339_0002.jpg

1339_0003.jpg

1339_0004.jpg

1339_0005.jpg

1339_0006.jpg

1339_0007.jpg

1339_0008.jpg

1339_0009.jpg

1339_0011.jpg

Edited by misternavi
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, vinilink said:

Lovely looking speakers with beautiful stands. I would have snapped them if I am in Melbourne and love the Whatmough house sounds as an ex owner of 201i leadline and 502i.

GLWTS. 

i wish i could afford the 201i or 502. i have been wanting to go upgrade to top end whatmoughs but could never afford it. 

settled for poor mans whatmough- Benchmark s500- made by colin, focal drivers, looks like a 201 but with bottom cavity to convert into floorstanders 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, misternavi said:

i wish i could afford the 201i or 502. i have been wanting to go upgrade to top end whatmoughs but could never afford it. 

settled for poor mans whatmough- Benchmark s500- made by colin, focal drivers, looks like a 201 but with bottom cavity to convert into floorstanders 

Sold 502 to a friend of mine at $3k with a Whatmough stands as I just didn't have time to enjoying them since being relocated to OS.