Intercept

Focal Elear Headband Broken: NEED HELP!

Posted (edited)

Hi Everyone

Unfortunately my prized FOCAL Elear Headphone Headband has partially snapped and I need to sort some kind of fix for it. The headphones still work perfectly sound wise but obviously the feel and also the suction on the right hand side has stopped being comfortable.

I can't find any information online so I thought I would ask the community here for some recommendations on what to do.

Cheers,

Tom

IMG_4156.jpg

IMG_4157.jpg

Edited by Intercept

Pictures!

25 minutes ago, elisix_ said:

Pictures!

Updated Elisx. Thanks for reminding me!

I'd go to someone who works with leather. Open up the band (unstitch it) and inspect the damage. Determine the best way to fix the headphone band and then stick that baby back up.

Probably hard to find something that can glue the band back together and withstand the force as it stretch.

Addicted to Audio is the local distributor for Focal headphones, if all else fail they might be able to source a new headband for you.

Rip that crappy padding off, fix it, then wrap a new comfort strap around it?

If a replacement band isn't too expensive, go with that or even A2A might do the repair for you.

If not, as "B" suggests, undo the stitching and see what sort of repair is required - and maybe post a photo up here to show the problem.

Some of the glues that are now available (like that advertised fantastic U-V treatment glue) can stick anything together and quite easy to use.

I have Elears!

Would have bet the frame was aluminum inside the padding, not something breakable. Bad luck.

Focal asks more for parts than buying new. You see it in the price of extra cables and whatnot. But for a break in the center like that surely they'll replace it under the warranty?

Like the color of your keyboard btw.

Posted (edited)
On 25/06/2020 at 9:39 AM, DontMessWithTexas said:

I have Elears!

Would have bet the frame was aluminum inside the padding, not something breakable. Bad luck.

But for a break in the center like that surely they'll replace it under the warranty?

I don't think So. They ( Focal ) will inspect it to find out what's caused the problem before they happy to replace it. The frame are Aluminum it's hard to break unless it's been ABUSED......

Edited by Zodiac-12

Hey intercept, how did you go with fixing the headband?

If you haven't made any progress and live in the Eastern side of town, I'll take a look at them if you like to see what's what.   I've got some tubes of that fancy glue too if that's required.

What an objectionable advert and very poor customer reviews

There's a lot of really good products for various types of repairs available but as the OP hasn't contiued with the enquiry,  I assume he's progressed elsewhere - it would be interesting to find out what caused the breakage and the fix.