Sign in to follow this  
Lancecheng

SOLD: FS: Tom Evans Microgroove + X MK1 Phono stage

Posted (edited)
Item Condition: Mint
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Malvern East
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Paypal,EFT or Cash by pickup
Reason for selling: upgrading

Further information: 
 I bought it new from a local reputation dealer in 2014. It has been an excellent phono stage and still looks like new.

reviews:

https://positive-feedback.com/Issue58/microgroove.htm
Photos: as attached

530796C4-B274-4A8E-A254-35E4B22EF9F8.jpeg

07AD1F26-B3EF-459B-A11B-2FF3922DCA67.jpeg

4E67F17C-B160-43B7-A456-5FB07BD42486.jpeg

7497C398-6D1B-434E-BA0A-B608C659E12D.jpeg

013E8350-71E0-4F31-B619-948C4F44BB45.jpeg

Edited by Lancecheng

Value for money.👍

Yes,it is!

Hi, Is this is for Moving Magnet cartridges?

Yes,it is.

Pending payment

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hugo_wilco
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal EFT cash on pickup Reason for selling: Funds required Further information: This is the latest version and one of the first in the country. It is less then 2 months old. 

One thing I have learnt is that it doesn’t matter how good your arm TT or cartridge is, if you’re phono stage isn’t up to the task you are wasting money and forever chopping and changing. 

This was already a great phono stage but this version has a much more natural and warm presentation. It bested my valve phono stages by a considerable amount. 

It has XLR out too!

I am actually really reluctant to sell this out of all the items I listed. It can get the most out of ANY cartridge hooked up to it. 

I have all boxes etc. 

https://sonicpurity.com.au/store/phono-stages/rcm-sensor-2-mkii

Photos:

• By phasselhoff
      Item Condition: 8/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Sydney State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash on Pickup, EFT, PayPal Reason for selling: Upgrade Further information:

Bought on the forum  a couple of years ago. Upgraded so no longer required.
      Photos:

• By nzcuriousgeorge
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Auckland State: New Zealand Payment Method: Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: NLR Further information: 

MM and MC phono stage in very good condition.  Hasn’t been used for a few years as I had upgraded to integrated amplifier with phonostage.  Selling as part of lockdown clear out of storage unit.  

Power supply, cables and original packaging included.  Manual is missing, available for download from here, https://whestaudio.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/whestTWO-Mk1.pdf.  NB.  This is an early model and the dip switches to change load are internal and you need to remove front panel and body cover to access.  Allen key is included.

See photo, unit still has protective plastic on the top cover from when purchased.

For review see,
      http://www.stereomojo.com/WhestTWOPhonoStageReview.htm/WhestTWOPhonoStageReview.htm

https://www.audaud.com/whest-two-phonostage/

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Jaba
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Edgewater State: Western Australia Payment Method: Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Surplus Further information: This preamp sounds great when used with turntable (MM only) and connected directly to power amp.
      It also can be used to soften signal from digital sources while going through valves.
      I tried using it as phone stage only connecting through to another preamp but found it had insufficient gain.
      This is consistent with reviews and there is plenty of info and suggestions on this forum how to have it modified to get the best performance.
      Beautiful worm sound very hard to beat in this price range.
      The unit on offer is in original condition with original tubes and nothing has been tempered with. Original box, cables and manual is also included.
      Local pickup is preferred but if you want it shipped it will be at your cost and you need to arrange your courier to have it collected.
      I will have is double boxed and secured for the journey.

• By bb6152
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Salter Point, Perth State: Western Australia Payment Method: Cash, Bank Transfer Reason for selling: Item not being used Further information: 
      I can't say too much about these phono stage items because I have never actually used them. At the same time, there seems to be plenty of knowledge available via previous SNA postings for the same pieces.

I bought them in as new condition, a couple of years ago, with a pre-amp that did not have a phono stage. However I don't use my turntable that often and didn't for a period, then upgraded to another pre-amp with a built in phono stage, so never actually required. 

As per photos, I have the original packaging so can post anywhere at buyer's expense.