Speaker upgrade

@mloutfie from some reviews which can be biased I guess, the Osborn range have the big sound stage and detail that you are after, I would recommend auditioning them (as Osborn is located in Melbourne such as yourself) to make sure that you both are on the same page sound wise.

It’s easy to find 1 or more of the big multinational speaker manufacturers in any audio shop but I thought during our lockdown it might be nice to investigate and hopefully support a local product.

• Like 1

On 09/06/2020 at 4:48 PM, 5L15 said:

@mloutfie from some reviews which can be biased I guess, the Osborn range have the big sound stage and detail that you are after, I would recommend auditioning them (as Osborn is located in Melbourne such as yourself) to make sure that you both are on the same page sound wise.

It’s easy to find 1 or more of the big multinational speaker manufacturers in any audio shop but I thought during our lockdown it might be nice to investigate and hopefully support a local product.

Yes the Eos is definitely in my top list now. I would like the Osborne reference but I definitely have only budget for it secondhand. I don't want to audition if I know I won't buy it new. It would not feel right to the owner

On a side note score some ns1000m haven't really set it up but quick demo I the seller place I was quite liking what I hear. This photo just dropped the speaker in the room. Will need to make a stand for it now.a cinderblock maybe for a cheap temporary one

20200611_170941.jpg

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

7 months later and an Osborn titan is joining the party. Such an energetic sounding speakers. might not be as extended in the highs as ns1000m and might not be as "accurate". from frequency sweep it's a bit boosted on sub bass and lower mids but NS1000 are much flatter after 1khz. I think the non flat response of it that's what creating the sound stage depth and width. really speaker detailed still and actually more extended than ns1000m after 15khz

image.thumb.png.b93b80a9e70a00aee4276b4afaa85764.png

20210125_150114_HDR.jpg

Edited by mloutfie