These days it seems a pretty rare thing for prizes to be offered in competitions without strings attached that are just an exercise in generosity and for the business to give some promotion for their product.

I was saddened to see one of these rare examples where those behind the competition clearly wanted the winner of the prize to win something that would be treasured and give the recipient many hours of musical enjoyment by how the competition was structured go to someone who simply went on to advertise the prize for sale.

I obviously don't want to give the winner a hard time about it (nor is this thread to be a conduit for that) as it's their right to do so and right or wrong they have their reasons for doing so.

I just feel for @Marc and Yamaha to see this happen as it must feel like a slight to them with their generosity and all of the time spent trying to find a worthy winner.

I just hope this doesn't sour things too much to not want to offer any more competitions like this one in the future and can find better ways to find deserving winners.

Any chance of future prizes like what was on offer, I believe its fair to say just got completely shut down.

Guest rondine

Who cares what the winner does with the prize but why spin some bs that they thought it was for a set of speakers?

ron

15 minutes ago, Marc said:

Any chance of future prizes like what was on offer, I believe its fair to say just got completely shut down.

I hope that won't be the case and this will be an opportunity to find more innovative ways of running future competitions so this doesn't happen again.

I can completely understand you feeling like that though.

23 minutes ago, Marc said:

Because our motivation was to award a prize to someone that would truly cherish such a device. We got it oh so wrong, and I'm really disappointed in myself and those involved about that.

I'm conflicted here and don't think I should participate in this discussion. To be honest, I don't think thread can lead anywhere positive so I'll just close it (I know your intentions were good Marty). Some things are best left unsaid I guess.