Posted (edited)
Item Condition: New still in box
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: St Kilda East
State: Victoria
Payment Method: PayPal, EFT
Reason for selling: Not needed

Further information: I recently won this turntable in a competition at the Melbourne HiFi Show. I entered thinking the prize was some speakers, but was blown away to realise it was this turntable. Unfortunately, all my music is digital and I cannot afford to get into vinyl at the moment. I only just collected the prize and it remains unopened, packaged as collected from the fine people at Carlton Audio-Visual. Its listed price is $12,999.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_20200606_120423.jpg

IMG_20200606_120416.jpg

Edited by bjs
  • Administrators

What a shame. Yamaha and I spent hours upon hours pouring through literally thousands of entries to very carefully choose a winner. 😕

Posted (edited)

That's a shame, i went in that competition hoping to win and keep it. :(

Edited by audioaddict78

• Moderators

I saw Rab from carlton audio visual going through some ceremony to present  the item to the "winner" 

Sad...

perhaps be a winner after all

@joz you know you want it ...

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Marc said:

What a shame. Yamaha and I spent hours upon hours pouring through literally thousands of entries to very carefully choose a winner. 😕

you absolute dud!🤪

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, betty boop said:

I saw Rab from carlton audio visual going through some ceremony to present  the item to the "winner" 

Sad...

perhaps be a winner after all

@joz you know you want it ...

yes I do but I’m so skid😬

actually bought a GT750 , while really wanting a GT2000. Well since I was robbed from my GT5000.

lovely machine.

Guest jakeyb77
10 minutes ago, joz said:

yes I do but I’m so skid😬

actually bought a GT750 , while really wanting a GT2000. Well since I was robbed from my GT5000.

I’m happy to come over and help with a claimable accident 🤷‍♂️

17 minutes ago, jakeyb77 said:

I’m happy to come over and help with a claimable accident 🤷‍♂️

Not trying to be a fun police.

But best not to suggest committing a crime on a public forum. 

Guest rondine
4 hours ago, bjs said:
I recently won this turntable in a competition at the Melbourne HiFi Show. I entered thinking the prize was some speakers, but

It might pay to be honest.

ron

30 minutes ago, hugo_wilco said:

I was sure my answer was going to be the winner  @Marc 😭

+1 🙏

Posted (edited)

what album did you choose to play on it?

Edited by Benny G

Do you reckon this would be 2.5 times as good as my GT2000?

I'm sorely tempted.

3 hours ago, Marc said:

Just out of curiosity, what was the criteria for selection? Spent hours to choose a winner and awarded to no vinyl but digital lover? 🤔 😉

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Spider27 said:

Just out of curiosity, what was the criteria for selection? Spent hours to choose a winner and awarded to no vinyl but digital lover? 🤔 😉

I put forward my suggestions. Not the place to discuss it though I guess. 

• Marc locked, unlocked and locked this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By grorr76
      In may I bought a MOFI Ultradeck with Mastertracker. In the intervieeening months it started developing issues. Firstly the dust cover didn't have rubber stoppers as it should. The finish on the outside of the desk was inconsistent and started flaking off. I had motor noise. It was setup properly either. The corner of the front was bent. So I sent it back after a few weeks they sent me a brand new deck.

Here is where it gets interesting. This ultra deck is night and day better than the first. Everything is tighter, tolerances are perfect. Everything fits better. The tonearm is more fluid. Motor noise is now non existent , no hum . So I was in communication with MOFI in the states through this. My new deck is like a ultradeck V2, it has many improvements , including the ones mentioned. So if anyone is considering buy a MOFI try to get a later manufactured one, they are so so much better. I think my new one sounds better to. It was quite a task to get this swapped during lockdown, but I am glad I did. At its price point it should be perfect and now I am happy to say it finally is.
    • By twaino
      Item Condition: Drivers 100% Cab 8/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Maldon State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash, EFT. Reason for selling: Need room. Further information: Excellent condition NS 1000M.  Complete with grills and stands. Anybody that auditions will buy. Pick up only, or can meet someplace convenient. Cheers.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Fly_by
      Item Condition: Used - but just serviced Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Canberra State: Australian Capital Territory Payment Method: Paypal, Bank transfer, Cash on pickup Reason for selling: No longer in use Further information:

I've had this turntable for 30 years. I haven't played vinyl for many years and so time has come allow someone else the joy of owning this.

Specs are:
      CJ Walker brand (1980s)
      Grace G707 tonearm
      Goldring G1020 cartridge and stylus
      Original cover (repaired - see photo)
      Original hinges with covers
      Original platter
      Original (bronze) bearing is lubricated and in good condition
      New belt

It has just had a full service and set up. The timber veneer is pretty good. It has a few little marks. I didn't attempt any rep[airs to the veneer, but I did apply a little wood polish. I have polished the lid. I didn't buff the lid as I wanted to present the turntable as naturally and honestly as possible.

Pricing it has been quite tricky, but after discussing it with a few people and some input from SNA members I settled on a price that seems reasonable.. Apparently the Grace tonearm can sell for $400-$500.

I'd rather not ship it if I can avoid it, but feel free to contact me.

Photos:

• By peppy
      Item Condition: Like New Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Castle Hill , NSW 2154 State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash , PayPal Reason for selling: Not needed Further information:

Yamaha RX V685 comes with remote & sound optimiser device.

Comes with Bill & Warranty
      2 Zones, MusicCast 
      Questions? Just ask.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By hifiman
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Melbourne Eastern Suburbs State: Victoria Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup, Paypal + fees Reason for selling: Upgraded Further information: 
      Bought as refurbished stock May 2019 from Excel Hifi. Unit was as new and I've been using it daily with no known issues. It was recently updated via WIFI to the latest firmware.
      Unit is built like a tank, it is quite heavy for a preamp/processor. 
      Prefer local pickup. 

https://au.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/av_receivers_amps/cx-a5200/index.html

Photos:

PLEASE READ