Found: Pass Labs, XP-10/XP-12 & preamp

Posted (edited)

Item: Pass Labs, XP-10 and up to XP-12 preamp or equivalent Pass labs within price range
Price Range: Negotiable, max 6k
Item Condition: Used/Demo,
Extra Info:

Looking for a matching preamp for my Pass Labs X250.5, anyone has please let me know.

Preferred pickup in NSW/Sydney 

Won't go more expensive as my amp is not worth that more expensive pre then I have to upgrade my amp again

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).

Edited by ikhuong
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, ikhuong said:

Item: Pass Labs, XP-10 and up to XP-12 preamp or equivalent Pass labs within price range
Price Range: Negotiable, max 6k
Item Condition: Used/Demo,
Extra Info:

Looking for a matching preamp for my Pass Labs X250.5, anyone has please let me know.

Preferred pickup in NSW/Sydney 

Won't go more expensive as my amp is not worth that more expensive pre then I have to upgrade my amp again

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).

I have not heard a Pass preamp but I read a comment on Audio Asylum, today, that canned Pass preamps as being very bright.  So maybe you should consider other preamps with your X250.5?

Andy

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, andyr said:

I have not heard a Pass preamp but I read a comment on Audio Asylum, today, that canned Pass preamps as being very bright.  So maybe you should consider other preamps with your X250.5?

Andy

Thanks, i might try audio research/tube preamp too, will see what comes up in Classified

the x250.5 is quite warm sound which i like

Edited by ikhuong

We have an ex demo XP10 $5800

Pass Labs XP10 preamp sounds very warm , none of the pass Labs stuff sounds bright .

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Class A Audio said:

We have an ex demo XP10 $5800

Pass Labs XP10 preamp sounds very warm , none of the pass Labs stuff sounds bright .

Completely agree i owned the xp20 for 1.5 years.

It is definitely warm not bright and super duper resolving. Now that its out of my system i can distinctly sense how high the noise floor is now (there was NO noise floor with the XP20).

The XP10 might be a good option in the OP price range.

• Like 1

I've heard a few Pass labs amps in my home and own a Pass Aleph Ono Phono.

None could be remotely referred to as bright.

Also reckon a XP- 10 would be an asset for many higher end systems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, andyr said:

Andy

Not sure the source but maybe the member compared its brightness versus tube preamp? In transistor preamp and amp, I barely hear Pass Labs evaluated as bright gears too, would be interesting if it is true, chance to home audition pass labs gears in au is low

Edited by ikhuong
Posted (edited)

I have an XP-10 with the x250.  Fabulous pair.  And whoever said bright must have done something horribly wrong or as suggested came from someone who loves tube amps with rolled off top end

Edited by Steam
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Analysis said:

Lucky you! Which preamp did you end up getting?

thanks, that is the audiophile cycle, xp-20

• Like 2