Jump to content

Found: Pass Labs, XP-10/XP-12 & preamp


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Item: Pass Labs, XP-10 and up to XP-12 preamp or equivalent Pass labs within price range
Price Range: Negotiable, max 6k
Item Condition: Used/Demo,
Extra Info:

Looking for a matching preamp for my Pass Labs X250.5, anyone has please let me know.

Preferred pickup in NSW/Sydney 

 

Won't go more expensive as my amp is not worth that more expensive pre then I have to upgrade my amp again

 

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).

Edited by ikhuong
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ikhuong said:

Item: Pass Labs, XP-10 and up to XP-12 preamp or equivalent Pass labs within price range
Price Range: Negotiable, max 6k
Item Condition: Used/Demo,
Extra Info:

Looking for a matching preamp for my Pass Labs X250.5, anyone has please let me know.

Preferred pickup in NSW/Sydney 

 

Won't go more expensive as my amp is not worth that more expensive pre then I have to upgrade my amp again

 

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).

 

I have not heard a Pass preamp but I read a comment on Audio Asylum, today, that canned Pass preamps as being very bright.  So maybe you should consider other preamps with your X250.5?

 

Andy

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, andyr said:

 

I have not heard a Pass preamp but I read a comment on Audio Asylum, today, that canned Pass preamps as being very bright.  So maybe you should consider other preamps with your X250.5?

 

Andy

 

Thanks, i might try audio research/tube preamp too, will see what comes up in Classified

 

the x250.5 is quite warm sound which i like

Edited by ikhuong
Link to post
Share on other sites

We have an ex demo XP10 $5800

 

Pass Labs XP10 preamp sounds very warm , none of the pass Labs stuff sounds bright .

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Class A Audio said:

We have an ex demo XP10 $5800

 

Pass Labs XP10 preamp sounds very warm , none of the pass Labs stuff sounds bright .

Completely agree i owned the xp20 for 1.5 years.

It is definitely warm not bright and super duper resolving. Now that its out of my system i can distinctly sense how high the noise floor is now (there was NO noise floor with the XP20).

The XP10 might be a good option in the OP price range.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard a few Pass labs amps in my home and own a Pass Aleph Ono Phono.

None could be remotely referred to as bright.

Also reckon a XP- 10 would be an asset for many higher end systems.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, andyr said:

 

I have not heard a Pass preamp but I read a comment on Audio Asylum, today, that canned Pass preamps as being very bright.  So maybe you should consider other preamps with your X250.5?

 

Andy

 

Not sure the source but maybe the member compared its brightness versus tube preamp? In transistor preamp and amp, I barely hear Pass Labs evaluated as bright gears too, would be interesting if it is true, chance to home audition pass labs gears in au is low

Edited by ikhuong
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have an XP-10 with the x250.  Fabulous pair.  And whoever said bright must have done something horribly wrong or as suggested came from someone who loves tube amps with rolled off top end

Edited by Steam
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


6 minutes ago, Analysis said:

Lucky you! Which preamp did you end up getting?

thanks, that is the audiophile cycle, xp-20

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...