Bill125812

Reviews, comments and suggestions

Hi guys 

I thought I’d start a thread so anyone can comment on the cables I make . No matter which cable, whether it be interconnects or Speaker Cable   And if you have any suggestions, this is the spot to air them 

Cheers 

Bill 

I received a XLR cable (500mm AES) and it's awesome. I can't believe the quality for the price (hence me kicking in an extra $5) 

I'd like to try some RCA's and speaker cables down the track. 

Really impressed.

Great work Bill 

Hi all,  

Hope your all enjoying the LW.

I have a set of Bill's Canare Sc ,  they are terrific ,  great bang for ya buck .

A set of his XlR's are being made for my new Pass Labs X20 pre to get me up and running , first crack at decent gear for me.  

Patiently waiting for Bill's new Speaker cables that are on the horizon as well.  They sound special .  

Tremendous to deal with and a great bloke. :thumb:

Great cables, sounds great. 

Nice bloke to deal with. 

Highly recommended.

Howdy folks,

I have bills Canare S411 speaker cables and the Van Damme XLR, great sounding cables and real value for money.

Patiently waiting to receive the Silver XLR to give them a go.

I’m a proud receiver of a set of silver RCA cables and they have liberated the best sound I’ve ever had from a venerable pair of Marantz Ken Ishiwata cdp and amp.  They are fantastic value.  I’ll put a little of the money saved to SNA for connecting me with Bill. Highly recommended. 

13 minutes ago, fergal m said:

I’m a proud receiver of a set of silver RCA cables and they have liberated the best sound I’ve ever had from a venerable pair of Marantz Ken Ishiwata cdp and amp.  They are fantastic value.  I’ll put a little of the money saved to SNA for connecting me with Bill. Highly recommended. 

Thanks Fergal 

Glad your enjoying your solid silver IC’s 

Posted (edited)

Recieved my XLR cables yesterday ,thanks Bill.

Look and feel bloody fantastic quality. Haven't installed them yet as I have a bad finger that gets in the way of things.

Cheers Grumpy

PS. Is there a thread or post that tells about what RCA's you make please. I will need some from my TT to  my Phono and from the phono to the pre-amp.

Edited by Grumpy

16 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Recieved my XLR cables yesterday ,thanks Bill.

Look and feel bloody fantastic quality. Haven't installed them yet as I have a bad finger that gets in the way of things.

Cheers Grumpy

PS. Is there a thread or post that tells about what RCA's you make please. I will need some from my TT to  my Phono and from the phono to the pre-amp.

Hi grumpy

Thanks for the kind works   Website is being worked on now. So shouldn’t be too long.  But just pm me and we can have a chat about what you want 

Cheers 

Bill 

Posted (edited)

Received my Solid Silver XLR’s yesterday and let it run overnight to burn in...

Amazing detail top end and midrange is the best I have heard in my equipment.  And the soundstage !!!! 

Cant imagine how good this will sound with couple of hundred hours of burn in.

Thanks Bill...

Edited by Ozflyer

@Bill125812
Oh! Didnt know you did solid silver or copper in XLRs! I thought they were only in RCAs! Might have to come back for some when dad starts filling the theatre room

Great forum feedback,

wondering if the website or a listing of products / prices is available anywhere to view?

cheers

57 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

Great forum feedback,

wondering if the website or a listing of products / prices is available anywhere to view?

cheers

Not yet.   But working on it   Won’t be too long now.  

1 minute ago, Bill125812 said:

Not yet.   But working on it   Won’t be too long now.  

awesome.

keen to take a look!

Cheeers

I am happy to provide feedback on my recent purchase 🙂

I bought a pair of Bills Silver RCA Interconnects for my Qutest DAC to Arcam SA20 Amp connection. My system has been quite stable for last 6mths (ie no recent changes with cables or units) and had a WireWorld Equinox 7 50cm RCA cable as my current IC (purchased new 2yrs ago at @$350).

Current system;

Netgear Switch with Ifi PS>Cat7 cable>Node 2i>VdH Optocoupler>Chord Qutest with Ifi PS>Bills RCAs>Arcam SA20 Amp>QED Revelation speaker cable>Martin Logan Motion 40s>my ears

All i can say is there is much improved sound, a big change in fact, similar to when i added the Qutest into the chain and played something. Even the wife can hear it (she is my impartial judge). I was preparing myself mentally (and dropping hints to said wife) that i was looking at IC's @$800+ to get the best out of the Qutest and here i am pinned to my chair in awe of Bills excellent value RCA IC in relation to both materials and build quality (I appreciate the locking RCA!). They are very sexy cables...

I'm happy to say more if you require via PM, my system is quite modest but it sounds the best it ever has with Bills cables.

Thanks again Bill and thanks for reading 🙂

I have a set of speaker cables Bill made up for me around 4 years ago and they are still going great. Made a big improvement in my system.

When I was after a new set of RCAs 2 years ago, once again Bill made me cables and they are amazing quality for what he charges. These are also still in my system, I just have no reason to change.

I will be after another set of RCAs shortly and I certainly know who I will be coming to.

Bill's solid silver RCA's are an absolute work of art! They look good and allow superlative sound. To steal an 80's line, "Bill's cables do amazing things to my system." He's a helluva nice guy to deal with too.

I recently popped a set of Silver RCAs in my system - CDP to pre - and these are remarkably good cables. They are still breaking in, I reckon, but I can already tell they are very good.

They look and feel great, and the locking plugs are a terrific addition. However, it's all about the sound...right? And the sound is really good - the silver allows for plenty of detail and revelation across the range, plenty of openness, and balance (probably created by the copper ingredient in the mix). In my system, they don't sound thin, or analytical or cold, they do sound revealing, engaging and exciting.

I now have a pair of XLRs on order (for pre to power). Enough said.

I recently put a set of Bill's Canare jumper cables on my speakers and there is a definite increase in high end detail.

Thanks Bill.

Posted (edited)

I’ve had a pair of Bill’s silver interconnects now for a week and I’m very pleased.

Comparing them to Bill’s previous interconnects (which I still think are quite good) these have a bit more detail and a touch more bass.  

When I first plugged them in I thought there were was a tiny bit of brightness (comparing them to Bill’s short lived but excellent Rhapsody S cables). The more I play them though the smoother they are becoming.  

I should note however that Sam Smith has been playing over and over as my test Lp, and he does like the higher notes.

I don’t know how Bill can make these for the low price he charges- highly recommend!  They look good too...

Update July 13:  after more use over a week they have settled in very nicely and sound great.

Edited by Tim D
Added text for clarity

Posted (edited)

Hi @Bill125812,

Thanks for the cables, they are excellent!!!

Is the Website ready?

Would love to see the whole line up!!!

Thanks again,

Adam

Edited by Southie Adam

3 minutes ago, Southie Adam said:

Hi @Bill125812,

Thanks for the cables, they are excellent!!!

Is the Website ready?

Would love to see the whole line up!!!

Thanks again,

Adam

Hi Adam 

My daughter is working on it.    Can’t push her to much. She’s cheap lol.  

New  Speaker cable released this weekend though. 

Cheers 

Bill 

Just now, Southie Adam said:

Great to hear @Bill125812. Any pictures and price guide?

I’ll put up a price guide for my products in here soon. With pics.  

1 minute ago, Bill125812 said:

I’ll put up a price guide for my products in here soon. With pics.  

Awesome. I am, and I am sure many others are, looking forward to it!!