Reviews, comments and suggestions

Hi guys 

I thought I’d start a thread so anyone can comment on the cables I make . No matter which cable, whether it be interconnects or Speaker Cable   And if you have any suggestions, this is the spot to air them 

Cheers 

Bill 

• Like 2
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mate , These are not normal times. Covid has killed normal. As said by Bill in the below post ,  Be patient and you will have your cable. I have also ordered Bill's Speaker cable and know that It

Another review sent via pm    @dwbasement   Hi Bill, I have tried the 411S in the weekend at some decent volumn on some classical, jazz and vocal records. At first I wasn't co

Hello Bill. You recently made a set of Van Damme XKE Rca cables (1m), and a set of Canare 4s11 speaker cables (2.6m) for me. The quality of the cables which arrived matched the photos on you

I received a XLR cable (500mm AES) and it's awesome. I can't believe the quality for the price (hence me kicking in an extra $5) 

I'd like to try some RCA's and speaker cables down the track. 

Really impressed.

Great work Bill 

• Like 4

Hi all,  

Hope your all enjoying the LW.

I have a set of Bill's Canare Sc ,  they are terrific ,  great bang for ya buck .

A set of his XlR's are being made for my new Pass Labs X20 pre to get me up and running , first crack at decent gear for me.  

Patiently waiting for Bill's new Speaker cables that are on the horizon as well.  They sound special .  

Tremendous to deal with and a great bloke. :thumb:

• Like 3

Howdy folks,

I have bills Canare S411 speaker cables and the Van Damme XLR, great sounding cables and real value for money.

Patiently waiting to receive the Silver XLR to give them a go.

• Like 2

I’m a proud receiver of a set of silver RCA cables and they have liberated the best sound I’ve ever had from a venerable pair of Marantz Ken Ishiwata cdp and amp.  They are fantastic value.  I’ll put a little of the money saved to SNA for connecting me with Bill. Highly recommended. 

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, fergal m said:

I’m a proud receiver of a set of silver RCA cables and they have liberated the best sound I’ve ever had from a venerable pair of Marantz Ken Ishiwata cdp and amp.  They are fantastic value.  I’ll put a little of the money saved to SNA for connecting me with Bill. Highly recommended. 

Thanks Fergal 

Glad your enjoying your solid silver IC’s 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Recieved my XLR cables yesterday ,thanks Bill.

Look and feel bloody fantastic quality. Haven't installed them yet as I have a bad finger that gets in the way of things.

Cheers Grumpy

PS. Is there a thread or post that tells about what RCA's you make please. I will need some from my TT to  my Phono and from the phono to the pre-amp.

Edited by Grumpy
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Recieved my XLR cables yesterday ,thanks Bill.

Look and feel bloody fantastic quality. Haven't installed them yet as I have a bad finger that gets in the way of things.

Cheers Grumpy

PS. Is there a thread or post that tells about what RCA's you make please. I will need some from my TT to  my Phono and from the phono to the pre-amp.

Hi grumpy

Thanks for the kind works   Website is being worked on now. So shouldn’t be too long.  But just pm me and we can have a chat about what you want 

Cheers 

Bill 

• Like 2

Received my Solid Silver XLR’s yesterday and let it run overnight to burn in...

Amazing detail top end and midrange is the best I have heard in my equipment.  And the soundstage !!!! 

Cant imagine how good this will sound with couple of hundred hours of burn in.

Thanks Bill...

Edited by Ozflyer
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

Great forum feedback,

wondering if the website or a listing of products / prices is available anywhere to view?

cheers

Not yet.   But working on it   Won’t be too long now.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Bill125812 said:

Not yet.   But working on it   Won’t be too long now.  

awesome.

keen to take a look!

Cheeers

• Like 2

I am happy to provide feedback on my recent purchase 🙂

I bought a pair of Bills Silver RCA Interconnects for my Qutest DAC to Arcam SA20 Amp connection. My system has been quite stable for last 6mths (ie no recent changes with cables or units) and had a WireWorld Equinox 7 50cm RCA cable as my current IC (purchased new 2yrs ago at @$350).

Current system;

Netgear Switch with Ifi PS>Cat7 cable>Node 2i>VdH Optocoupler>Chord Qutest with Ifi PS>Bills RCAs>Arcam SA20 Amp>QED Revelation speaker cable>Martin Logan Motion 40s>my ears

All i can say is there is much improved sound, a big change in fact, similar to when i added the Qutest into the chain and played something. Even the wife can hear it (she is my impartial judge). I was preparing myself mentally (and dropping hints to said wife) that i was looking at IC's @$800+ to get the best out of the Qutest and here i am pinned to my chair in awe of Bills excellent value RCA IC in relation to both materials and build quality (I appreciate the locking RCA!). They are very sexy cables...

I'm happy to say more if you require via PM, my system is quite modest but it sounds the best it ever has with Bills cables.

Thanks again Bill and thanks for reading 🙂

• Like 4

I have a set of speaker cables Bill made up for me around 4 years ago and they are still going great. Made a big improvement in my system.

When I was after a new set of RCAs 2 years ago, once again Bill made me cables and they are amazing quality for what he charges. These are also still in my system, I just have no reason to change.

I will be after another set of RCAs shortly and I certainly know who I will be coming to.

• Like 2

Bill's solid silver RCA's are an absolute work of art! They look good and allow superlative sound. To steal an 80's line, "Bill's cables do amazing things to my system." He's a helluva nice guy to deal with too.

• Like 4

I recently popped a set of Silver RCAs in my system - CDP to pre - and these are remarkably good cables. They are still breaking in, I reckon, but I can already tell they are very good.

They look and feel great, and the locking plugs are a terrific addition. However, it's all about the sound...right? And the sound is really good - the silver allows for plenty of detail and revelation across the range, plenty of openness, and balance (probably created by the copper ingredient in the mix). In my system, they don't sound thin, or analytical or cold, they do sound revealing, engaging and exciting.

I now have a pair of XLRs on order (for pre to power). Enough said.

• Like 2

I’ve had a pair of Bill’s silver interconnects now for a week and I’m very pleased.

Comparing them to Bill’s previous interconnects (which I still think are quite good) these have a bit more detail and a touch more bass.  

When I first plugged them in I thought there were was a tiny bit of brightness (comparing them to Bill’s short lived but excellent Rhapsody S cables). The more I play them though the smoother they are becoming.  

I should note however that Sam Smith has been playing over and over as my test Lp, and he does like the higher notes.

I don’t know how Bill can make these for the low price he charges- highly recommend!  They look good too...

Update July 13:  after more use over a week they have settled in very nicely and sound great.

Edited by Tim D
Added text for clarity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Southie Adam said:

Hi @Bill125812,

Thanks for the cables, they are excellent!!!

Is the Website ready?

Would love to see the whole line up!!!

Thanks again,

Adam

Hi Adam 

My daughter is working on it.    Can’t push her to much. She’s cheap lol.  

New  Speaker cable released this weekend though. 

Cheers 

Bill 

1 minute ago, Bill125812 said:

I’ll put up a price guide for my products in here soon. With pics.  

Awesome. I am, and I am sure many others are, looking forward to it!!

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the silver ICs and I am so impressed with the sound!!! Deep and tight bass, glorious mids and sparkling highs. What can I say? These are truly excellent cables.

I bought these specifically to use with headphones - DAC to HP amp. I have some other ICs from DAC to Pre made by a well known Au manufacturer which cost a lot more than Bill's Cables. I've just swapped them out for Bill's and I can tell you that what I am hearing is identical, maybe better - and at one third of the price!!!! These RCA ICs  are very good value for money. NSO indeed!!!!!

Great product and even greater service... Bill is such a nice bloke to deal with too.....

• Like 4
10 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Hi Bill, not sure you have been receiving my PM's. I sent a few this week. Do you have any updates for me please? 

Sorry mate.   Pm on way 

Received Bill's Solid Silver RCA's this morning .  Cables are very well made and do look much more expensive than What Bill's charging for them. I had a brief listen and could hear improvement in top end and midrange.  Bill is an absolute legend to deal with , He also fixed my Amber Interconnects which needed a small repair without Charge.  Cables are still breaking in So have left them on in my system for next couple of days. Will provide an update after that. 

• Like 4

I've bought 3 sets of Bille $40 RCA's  - I thought it was time to upgrade my old cables as I was using 2 sets of Audioquest G Snakes (which I thought never felt secure) and the better sounding, but falling apart TANDY gold patch  from the 90's - anyone remember them?

Can't wait to do the change over.

• Like 2

First of all, please mind my poor English as it is not my mother language.

I own a pair of JBL 4315, it has been driving by Luxman or Audio Note amplifier and the sound quality was far from satisfactory till I bought a pair of Jadis JA30.

There is a 6 meters distance between JA30 and 4315, therefore I initially tried the Jaycar’s Extra heavy duty OFC speaker cable,then replaced by Denko Blue/White speaker cable (made in Japan). In general I was quite ok with the result, however, the vocal just lacked of body and less musical,therefore, I have been looking for a better speaker cable for quite sometime.

Last month I read this interesting post from Bill about his boutique Speaker Cable, I am a person believe in blind test and especially with Bill’s words of “my most critical test is my wife, who can hear differences in cables while cooking up a storm, and will wonder in and tell me yes or no “.

The price was quite acceptable and in case I did not like it I could still get the refund, therefore I ordered one for 6 meters。

When first received the cables, which have a typical DIY appearance and I did not like much with the plugs, therefore replaced them with my spared WBT speaker plugs.

To be honest, I did not expect much from these cables, but once I turned on my system, the sound came from 4315 was totally astonished, the first thing stood out was the quality of the bass performance, I never heard so much details of the bass from my 4315 before. I did agree with one of the comments of “Deep and tight bass, glorious mids and sparkling highs”

Most important, it was very musical with outstanding vocal performance.

Before received these cables, I was one stage thinking that I could make a wrong choice between Bill and Kimber, now I must say I did a right decision, and going to buy few interconnected cables from Bill .

• Like 5
59 minutes ago, mitchlim said:

First of all, please mind my poor English as it is not my mother language.

I own a pair of JBL 4315, it has been driving by Luxman or Audio Note amplifier and the sound quality was far from satisfactory till I bought a pair of Jadis JA30.

There is a 6 meters distance between JA30 and 4315, therefore I initially tried the Jaycar’s Extra heavy duty OFC speaker cable,then replaced by Denko Blue/White speaker cable (made in Japan). In general I was quite ok with the result, however, the vocal just lacked of body and less musical,therefore, I have been looking for a better speaker cable for quite sometime.

Last month I read this interesting post from Bill about his boutique Speaker Cable, I am a person believe in blind test and especially with Bill’s words of “my most critical test is my wife, who can hear differences in cables while cooking up a storm, and will wonder in and tell me yes or no “.

The price was quite acceptable and in case I did not like it I could still get the refund, therefore I ordered one for 6 meters。

When first received the cables, which have a typical DIY appearance and I did not like much with the plugs, therefore replaced them with my spared WBT speaker plugs.

To be honest, I did not expect much from these cables, but once I turned on my system, the sound came from 4315 was totally astonished, the first thing stood out was the quality of the bass performance, I never heard so much details of the bass from my 4315 before. I did agree with one of the comments of “Deep and tight bass, glorious mids and sparkling highs”

Most important, it was very musical with outstanding vocal performance.

Before received these cables, I was one stage thinking that I could make a wrong choice between Bill and Kimber, now I must say I did a right decision, and going to buy few interconnected cables from Bill .

Ooooh 4315's, lovely. Post a picture please.

Edited by kelossus
10 minutes ago, Rockford said:

What are the general lead times people are experiencing?

hi Mate 

The lead time is about 2 - 3 weeks. It depends on my real day job and if I’m working lots of hours.  I generally work on cables weekends and Tuesday’s.   Also some nights.  

My boutique speaker can take a while to get out though as that take almost a full day to produce 

Cheers 

• Like 4
On 03/08/2020 at 10:04 PM, gillmaverick said:

Received Bill's Solid Silver RCA's this morning .  Cables are very well made and do look much more expensive than What Bill's charging for them. I had a brief listen and could hear improvement in top end and midrange.  Bill is an absolute legend to deal with , He also fixed my Amber Interconnects which needed a small repair without Charge.  Cables are still breaking in So have left them on in my system for next couple of days. Will provide an update after that. 

Well Guys I have had roughly about 100 minutes on the Bills Solid Silver cable. Now In previous message I did not mention anything bass , That was due to bass gone missing when I plugged the brand new cables in. Everything else was crystal clear. I am happy to update that after the break in time bass is back and even better. So guys If the same thing happens to anyone don't panic. Run them in for roughly 80 hours and than make a judgement. I am hearing things that I did not hear before.

• Like 6

Hello Bill.

You recently made a set of Van Damme XKE Rca cables (1m), and a set of Canare 4s11 speaker cables (2.6m) for me.

The quality of the cables which arrived matched the photos on your Forum (under Price Lists)

The cables are VERY nicely constructed. They arrived in a box labelled "Bill's Cables"  via Australia Post.

So....VERY nicely made cables which would have been terrific value even at twice the price and with postage as an extra cost.

With the quality, and the postage included in the price, your cables are a dead set bargain. Terrific value.

Listening impressions when added to our system:

Our system is pretty old - B&W Matrix 2 Series 3 speakers, a Musical Fidelity pre-amp and bridged Typhoon amps, an ancient Sony  X7ESD CD player (built like a tank).  Our old speaker cables were nothing special, so they were a good thing to upgrade.

Your cables fitted/ connected very snugly and solidly into the above equipment. 

Our listening area is at one end of our rectangular living room. Timber walls - good for sound reproduction. A second storey room, particle board flooring (carpeted) - not so good, with all of the obvious, expected "problems".

A few months ago, we changed to the present setup, running on the long axis of the room, compared to the the earlier setup, which was across the room.

Improvement number one, but the effects of the speaker/floor "coupling" was quite obvious.

We bought some IsoAcoustic Gaia111s for the speakers. 

Improvement number 2, and this was very noticeable.

De-coupling the floor did exactly what was expected - improvements in treble, mid and bass, better soundstage, improved clarity and imaging etc.

The change was quite dramatic, so we wondered just how much "extra" could your cables add....if anything.

Straight out of the box, on top of the earlier improvements, your cables added:

* greater clarity again.

* slightly bigger sound stage (we think), and definitely clearer imaging.

* treble previously had some edge (e.g. especially violins in some recordings) - the  addition of your cables and the Gaias has transformed this area. The nice mid-range is even smoother, and the bass has benefited greatly firstly from the de-coupling from the floor (by the Gaias), and then again once your cables were added - well defined (faster?) compared to before.

The above impressions are based on a fair bit of "critical" listening by my wife and me over several days, listening to recordings which we both know really well.  We both heard the things which are noted above.

May I also say that, in addition to making a great product (at a bargain price), Bill is a terrific person to deal with.

One of nature's gentlemen.

Folks.... we could not be happier with Bill's cables.

I only learned about Bill's cables on StereoNet, so as a thank you to Marc for giving us StereoNet, I made a $50 donation as a thank you (EFT directly from my bank - done by phone transfer, because I'm an old Luddite). 

Many thanks Bill, from a very happy customer.

Best wishes,  Paul.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I recently bought both Bill‘s boutique copper and silver cables. Great guy to deal with - really polite and friendly. Cables come in a nice eco friendly box, pleasantly surprised by the packaging. The build quality of the cables is great, they look and feel excellent. Cables are substantial, a little stiff but oozing quality and solidly built. If I had to choose one I would strongly recommend the silver RCAs. They have more detail whilst retaining an incredible smoothness - they are surprisingly non fatiguing with my Chord Qutest DAC which I hadn’t expected based on my internet research of silver cables. For me they represent excellent value.

• Like 5

Received my new Bill's cables last week and another happy customer here.

My order was for speaker cables (Canare 4s8) + jumpers for one system and also for a set of RCA's (Van damme XKE) for another - all items from Bill's Basic range.

Other people have already described it better than I can, so I'll keep it brief.

Greater detail, a wider sound stage and better instrument separation -  all in well made cables for bargain price.

Highly recommended!

Edited by ethro
typos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another review sent via pm 

@dwbasement

Hi Bill,

I have tried the 411S in the weekend at some decent volumn on some classical, jazz and vocal records. At first I wasn't convinced compare to my silver solid core cables, then things started to change. I think becasue I am so used to the sound from the silver cables, it took me about half an hour to really clear my mind so that I can hesr the differences between the cables.

The 4S11 has more natural sound with my setup (full range and tubes) and gives out a bit more of the bottom end which is what I am after. Vocal is more natural compare to my old cables which is just a little bit bright.

Not saying my old cables aren't good, they are excellent but the 4S11 probably suits my setup better. I am surprised that I downgraded the cables in terms of cost but I actually upgraded the sound!

Thank you mate, keep up the good work!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1