So. I sold the MX5 and got a KTM:)

Yeah.

I’ve had my second mid life crisis:) 

Screw the expense of a car- I’m seeing our country on a motorcycle. KTM 390 Adventure:) passed my Check Ride today. Licence test next month:)

859FAA68-0265-44D3-A529-5753FA9DE19D.jpeg

4B68A39A-90B2-4248-9BE8-1FFE235010B8.jpeg

9E460FFF-B37C-44E5-852E-D269BBB13556.jpeg

• Like 5

Bikes are awesome, greatest feeling of freedom.

Sucks when it rains. You need to get a crapbox car as a backup.

You'll outgrow 390cc very quickly.

Edited by Guest

Nice looking bike.  I’ve had my rider licence for 29 years, but haven’t had a ride in a long time.

It’s a great feeling, enjoy!

• Love 1

Slightly off topic, but is there much uptake on e-motorbikes yet? The idea of a electric trail bike or tourer really appeals.

That's a bit different - often you see riders giving up their bikes for a sports car as the start to realise their mortality.

Have fun with the new toy!

What series MX-5 did you have?

• Love 1

Enjoy--bikes are a blast.

I rode from 1965 to 2017, finishing up with a Moto Guzzi California 1100—a great machine.

In the end my left knee packed up and my right knee was going and you really need both knees reliable to ride. I sold the Guzzi and bought a Porsche convertible. It's a blast too.😃

• Love 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice one. Good luck with the licence. I've been riding since 1969, and still love to go for a fast blat through the hills, or a slow scrabble up a mountain. There are six presently in the stable.

• Love 1

On 05/06/2020 at 5:22 PM, blybo said:

Slightly off topic, but is there much uptake on e-motorbikes yet? The idea of a electric trail bike or tourer really appeals.

No not just yet, early days still though it is happening.

There are some electric road options now like the Zero SR, Energica Ego (not sure if sold in Australia) and the Harley LiveWire which is probably the start of e-motorcycles as a mainstream option.

46C7C7C7-5A58-4B6F-B707-97F1B5353EF4.thumb.jpeg.ecda9497670c74aacf1169bad63d3212.jpeg

For dirt there was the Alta which apparently was very good but unfortunately went out of business due to financial difficulties.

4A4063B9-9F91-4666-9BDB-A9BCB5CE5A0F.thumb.jpeg.2507720b255de402bca308689c0e714a.jpeg

• Love 1

@migasson Cannot stress highly enough the benefit of doing a ride day at Phillip Island. By end of day, your riding will be smooth and you will no longer be intimidated by the machine. As you make little errors, you don't fall off, you just run a little wide, then go through that scenario again 2 mins later and fix it.

Learn more in 1 day than a year of road riding. Won't be your last visit to P.I either.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Nice bike you have Meh, I also ride a KTM and dig my bike, after 41 years of riding it's my first European bike, I've had a bike on the road ever since 1979 and the big KTM is up there with the best of them

IMG_0442.jpeg

• Love 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 05/06/2020 at 5:29 PM, lucmor444 said:

That's a bit different - often you see riders giving up their bikes for a sports car as the start to realise their mortality.

Have fun with the new toy!

What series MX-5 did you have?

ND :)

2 hours ago, migasson said:

ND :)

I gave up bikes in my late 20's.  Jumped into MX-5s over the last few years and have an NA and ND.  I'll look out for you on your bike (I'm close by in Croydon North:)).

1 hour ago, lucmor444 said:

I gave up bikes in my late 20's.  Jumped into MX-5s over the last few years and have an NA and ND.  I'll look out for you on your bike (I'm close by in Croydon North:)).

Nice!

On 22/06/2020 at 4:25 PM, Nigel said:

@migasson Cannot stress highly enough the benefit of doing a ride day at Phillip Island. By end of day, your riding will be smooth and you will no longer be intimidated by the machine. As you make little errors, you don't fall off, you just run a little wide, then go through that scenario again 2 mins later and fix it.

Learn more in 1 day than a year of road riding. Won't be your last visit to P.I either.

You'd be going at a fair lick on that KTM to revisit the same spot 2 minutes later :D 

Nice bike @migasson. Gave up riding a few years ago to head o/s but second earlier comments - ended up with a track bike for not a lot of money which was hilarious and in retrospect, very safe fun. Ride safe, enjoy it.

• Love 1
On 05/06/2020 at 3:34 PM, TDK said:

Bikes are awesome, greatest feeling of freedom.

Sucks when it rains. You need to get a crapbox car as a backup.

You'll outgrow 390cc very quickly.

So far, the rain ain’t bothering me... I come from the most miserable country, England, so crap weather is a thing, lol! I’ll have this bike till my restrictions are finished - have to have a LAMS bike for three years, at least it’s got more torque then a 250, lol