SOLD: FS: Linn Sondek LP12 & Hercules PSU

SOLD
Item Condition: Very good
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Glen Waverley
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on pick up.
Reason for selling: NLR need funz

20200604_151339.thumb.jpg.4e18327461463ef1501364147bb0f9f4.jpgFurther information: Immaculate condition Linn Sondek turntable which has had full Cirkus upgrade comprising:

New Bearing Housing, sub chassis, sub platter, New springs & grommets all purchased around 4 years ago.

Mose & Hercules external PSU Box 33/ 45 speed controller with internal circuit board & switch fitted to LP12. (think were around $650 new)

(This is a huge step up sonically and in terms of reliability over the standard Valhalla power supply board)

Silent base Acrylic base fitted with 3 spikes & cups. (normally $260).

I was using this deck with a Wand tonearm for the last 4 years, just after I bought this deck - and have refitted the Ittok LV11 Arm & Armboard which are in immaculate condition.

Deck has been stripped, cleaned and assembled with bearing fresh oil replaced - arm height & hydraulic lifter adjusted.

It has been fitted with am EEI Moving magnet cartridge 3.5mv with a new tip replaced by Garrott Bros. I believe as have never used it.

Tested and playing records beautifully, and operating flawlessly.

I have the original carton with accessories, original receipt (from Secher Audio) ,and owners manual still in the box.

It looks even better condition than when I bought it around 5 years ago, and it was very good then!

I have priced this very fairly for a quick sale - nothing whatsoever  needs to be done, except if you wish to update the cartridge. 

Preference given to a local buyer, although theoretically could be posted in original carton.
Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

LP12 bare underneath.jpg

LP12 receipts.jpg

LP12 Back plate.jpg

LP12 close.jpg

LP12 Top front.jpg

LP12 Top back.jpg

LP12 no platter.jpg

LP12 Silent base.jpg

LP12 Carton.jpg

Edited by evil c
  • Like 15

My Linn is about 2k units younger with a very similar setup and I love it.

It does not have the Silent Acrylic Base with spikes though, which looks pretty neat in yours btw. 

What are you going to be using as spinner after the Linn is sold?

Edited by Willmax
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Willmax said:

My Linn is about 2k units younger with a very similar setup and I love it.

It does not have the Silent Acrylic Base with spikes though, which looks pretty neat in yours btw. 

What are you going to be using as spinner after the Linn is sold?

Wand 14 - 4 in the house currently,  stay tuned! ?

• Like 1

Lovely TT  having heard it a few times and it's been updated and lovingly cared for. It's cheap as chips for what's in it and with the Ittok back on it it's very very Linn. It's a lucky buyer to get this at this price, WD.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Herbs said:

Everyone froths over these decks and have for many years.

Never heard one myself just curious what makes them so great and appealing

Sublime mids and high level of sound quality plus aesthetics are ok!

20 minutes ago, Luc said:

Lovely TT  having heard it a few times and it's been updated and lovingly cared for. It's cheap as chips for what's in it and with the Ittok back on it it's very very Linn. It's a lucky buyer to get this at this price, WD.

Yes mixed emotions about it going,  off to a new life - now can call it sale pending. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Herbs said:

Everyone froths over these decks and have for many years.

Never heard one myself just curious what makes them so great and appealing

They are dynamic and sound great. No other words. Too many people go on about colouration, but colouration is everywhere. Look at speakers for example and the same person will tell you speakers are the most important thing. Why? Cause they are coloured. Everyone should own one for a while in their life and set it up themselves. If they can't do that and are negative, they are talking ****.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wimbo said:

They are dynamic and sound great. No other words. Too many people go on about colouration, but colouration is everywhere. Look at speakers for example and the same person will tell you speakers are the most important thing. Why? Cause they are coloured. Everyone should own one for a while in their life and set it up themselves. If they can't do that and are negative, they are talking ****.

Yeah has been a wonderful chapter in my life, progressing from a Pimped Rega, Thorens and then the Linn .

Teaches you a lot about the finer details involved in extracting good sound reproduction !

Will miss the hands on aspect with future decks, more set and sit back 

from now on! ?

11 hours ago, artaudio said:

Going to a good home AT DEQX HQ (my home) 

You'll have a great analog reference device, and nice looking piece of furniture!  ?

• Like 1