FS: sold pending payment Rotel RA-971 MKII integrated amp

Posted (edited)
Item Condition: Good
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Perth
State: Western Australia
Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on pickup
Reason for selling: Surplus

Further information: fantastic sounding integrated amp Rotel RA-971 mkii

1x set of pre-outs suitable for active subwoofer or add on power amp

Power output: 60 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)

Frequency response: 10Hz to 100kHz

Total harmonic distortion: 0.03%

Signal to noise ratio: 95dB (line)

Dimensions: 440 x 92 x 347mm

Weight: 6.5kg

•  

This was one of the last amps Rotel made in the classic 90s slabby black/austere casing, and it's a gem.  Rated 5 stars by What Hi*Fi and highly praised by a lot of other press.  These are now very rare. I also have the original owners manual

A review by Australian Hi*Fi can be found here:  http://www.rotel.com/sites/default/files/RA-971 MKII Australianhi.pdf

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

12.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by Naz.shr
price drop
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

my very first 'Hi-Fi' amp - still have it and love it :) (gone through a lot of tweaks over the years and improves each time)

Edited by eyesofra
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, eyesofra said:

my very first 'Hi-Fi' amp - still have it and love it :) (gone through a lot of tweaks over the years and improves each time)

It is my first hifi amp too :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tropikarl said:

How do you think this would pair with my rotel rb-1050 power amp b&w cm5s?

I am a newbie so haven't used extensive amount of speakers but this amp has been paired with Mission 794s which were a bit hard to drive and worked perfectly. Also used this with Mission 790, B&W 685 S1, B&W 602 S3 and sounds pretty good to my ears

3 hours ago, eyesofra said:

Any tweaks in particular that you would recommend? (Hope the OP doesn't mind me asking in this for sale thread but I figure the answer might even increase interest in the amp).

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MGO
      Item Condition: Very good for age Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Little Bay State: NSW Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Rotel Power Amp RB981 and Surround Sound Processor RSP980AX 
      Well known and highly regarded amp in excellent working condition.

Power output: 130 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo), 360 watts into 8Ω (mono) bridged.
      Frequency response: 10Hz to 100kHz
      Total harmonic distortion: 0.03%
      Damping factor: 500
      Input sensitivity: 1V
      Signal to noise ratio: 120dB
      Speaker load impedance: 4Ω (minimum)
      Dimensions: 440 x 121 x 327mm
      Weight: 10.3kg

• By snurb
      Item Condition: Brand new NOS Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Fitzroy North State: VIC Payment Method: EFT to PayID, Cash on Pickup. Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

Stamped November 1972. Brand new NOS tubes. Tested working in my tube DAC.

The NOS 6H23P-EB (Premium) tube is a very noticeable upgrade over the Sovtek 6922 tube and Electro Harmonix 6922 tube. They are incredibly durable and can handle the punishment of modern pre-amps, including those made by Audible Illusions. They excel in detail, speed, and soundstage. The highs have air and sound natural.

From Wall Of Sound: "The 6H23p-EB tube is refined, restrained and nuanced. Starting with the bass, the 6H23p-EB is slightly less forceful, but more controlled and articulate than the Tesla ECC88/JJ E88CC combination. The midrange is nicely detailed. Male and female vocals are more present and detailed as well. The twang of guitar strings in Knopfler’s Golden Heart is more apparent. This increased detail is not at the expense of treble smoothness : it’s nicely detailed, yet doesn’t seem to overemphasize the vocal sibilance of the McLachlan and McKennitt tracks. There is, on occasion, a very slight treble hardness, but this is a minor failing in light of all the things this tube does well. I have about 90 hours on these tubes and it would not surprise me if this would smooth out a bit more by the 200 hour mark. The price is reasonable for the performance offered, and certainly seems like a bargain compared to the high prices and questionable performance of some of other NOS tubes...I wasn’t expecting the 6H23p-EB to be this good."

This premium Russian built NOS 6922 tube replacement is also known by various Russian names, including 6N23n-EB, 6H23N-EB and 6N23. These are the hard to find NOS (new old stock) of premium quality in both sound and construction.

The 6922 / 6DJ8 tube type is equivalent to the European ECC88 / E88CC tube and can be used in any 6922, 6DJ8 or ECC88 circuit.

https://www.thetubestore.com/6h23n-eb-6922

Photos:

• By hififan
      Item Condition: Used 9/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Elanora Heights State: NSW Payment Method: Paypal (Plus fees), Cash, Bank Transfer Reason for selling: Change of room size Very reluctant sale of these brilliant speakers but a change in living arrangement coming up will see these way too big for the new room.

These are incredibly refined with pin point imaging, impressive bass with zero fat/ bloom.
      Detail retrieval is exceptional as with soundstage width, height and depth. Very revealing of components. If your tastes are more on a smooth rounded sound then these won't be your flavour however if you like a detailed PMC style of sound then these are for you.

Easy to drive and have them running off an Audio Analog Anniversary Amplifier with exceptional results 

Simply put, get the placement right and they are breathtaking.

Speakers were purchased as trade-ins from Audio Connection a couple of months ago. I actually went there to purchase some Dali Rubicon 6’s but these caught my eye and after 5 minutes of AB testing these blew the Dali’s away. Even the salesman said the Dali’s are great but these are in a new league
      Speakers are approx 10 years old and my asking price is less than what I paid for them.
      The rrp for these was approx 15k AUD 
      They are in almost perfect condition, however no packaging so pick up only sorry, but more than welcome to have an audition with social distancing exercised.
      Not entertaining offers atm sorry and if they don't sell,  I will be happy to store them.
      Specs
      Type: 2 way, 3 driver loudspeaker system
      Frequency Response: 35Hz to 60kHz
      Impedance: 4Ω
      Sensitivity: 92dB
      Bass: 2 x 6.5" cone
      Tweeter: 1 x 1.25" ring
      Finish: piano black
      Dimensions: 206 x 385 x 1205mm
      Weight: 32kgs

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Billy Shears
      Item Condition: See below Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Canberra State: ACT Payment Method: Paypal goods and services Reason for selling: NLR The move keeps throwing up ransoms.

’77 Orange Label Tapestry - VG with large areas of VG+ 
      https://www.discogs.com/Carole-King-Tapestry/release/3202475

‘71 Bob Dylan Greatest Hits Vol. II VG- to VG. Background noise, but very listenable. https://www.discogs.com/Bob-Dylan-Bob-Dylans-Greatest-Hits-Volume-II/release/2270512

‘69 Johnny Cash Live at San Quentin. Mostly VG.
      https://www.discogs.com/Johnny-Cash-Johnny-Cash-At-San-Quentin/release/4474732

‘87 Aussie comp Never Underwstimate the Power of a Song. Has ‘I Was Only 19’. NM through all except some noise on I was only 19 (not a lot).
      https://www.discogs.com/Various-Never-Underestimate-The-Power-Of-A-Song/release/9614471

• By snurb
      Item Condition: Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Fitzroy North State: VIC Payment Method: EFT to PayID, Cash on Pickup. Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

The Iso•Max PC-2XR is a two channel pro-to-consumer isolator that is used to convert a +4 dBu line-level device to -10 dBV for consumer-level signals such as connecting the balanced output from a mixing desk to the unbalanced input of a hand-held video recorder or lap-top computer.
      Converts +4 dB balanced signals to -10 dB unbalanced
      Eliminates hum and buzz caused by ground loops
      Ruler flat frequency response from 10 Hz to 140 kHz
      Plug and play easy to use, no power required.

https://www.jensen-transformers.com/product/pc-2xr/

Photos: