FS: sold pending payment Rotel RA-971 MKII integrated amp

Posted (edited)
Item Condition: Good
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Perth
State: Western Australia
Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on pickup
Reason for selling: Surplus

Further information: fantastic sounding integrated amp Rotel RA-971 mkii

1x set of pre-outs suitable for active subwoofer or add on power amp

Power output: 60 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)

Frequency response: 10Hz to 100kHz

Total harmonic distortion: 0.03%

Signal to noise ratio: 95dB (line)

Dimensions: 440 x 92 x 347mm

Weight: 6.5kg

•  

This was one of the last amps Rotel made in the classic 90s slabby black/austere casing, and it's a gem.  Rated 5 stars by What Hi*Fi and highly praised by a lot of other press.  These are now very rare. I also have the original owners manual

A review by Australian Hi*Fi can be found here:  http://www.rotel.com/sites/default/files/RA-971 MKII Australianhi.pdf

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

12.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by Naz.shr
price drop
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

my very first 'Hi-Fi' amp - still have it and love it :) (gone through a lot of tweaks over the years and improves each time)

Edited by eyesofra
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, eyesofra said:

my very first 'Hi-Fi' amp - still have it and love it :) (gone through a lot of tweaks over the years and improves each time)

It is my first hifi amp too :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tropikarl said:

How do you think this would pair with my rotel rb-1050 power amp b&w cm5s?

I am a newbie so haven't used extensive amount of speakers but this amp has been paired with Mission 794s which were a bit hard to drive and worked perfectly. Also used this with Mission 790, B&W 685 S1, B&W 602 S3 and sounds pretty good to my ears

3 hours ago, eyesofra said:

Any tweaks in particular that you would recommend? (Hope the OP doesn't mind me asking in this for sale thread but I figure the answer might even increase interest in the amp).

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Honreekea
      Item Condition: Well Used Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Sydney, Ramsgate Beach State: NSW Payment Method: Cash, EFT Reason for selling: Thinning Head Further information:
      One of the more beautiful images created for the Bill Graham series of concerts. This poster was used to promote the last concerts at the Fillmore West. The press run was much smaller than other posters of the time, making it much scarcer today. The original poster was printed on coated index stock and measures approximately 22″ x 27⅞″. Approx 59 cm by 57.9 cm The second print poster was printed on thin, uncoated index stock, and folded to fit inside the album recorded during the closing of the Fillmore. Which is what this one is. Size: 59 cm by 57.9 cm   Artists: David Singer Performers: Boz Scaggs Cold Blood Creedence Clearwater Revival Elvin Bishop Group Flamin' Groovies Grateful Dead Grootna Hot Tuna It's a Beautiful Day Lamb New Riders of the Purple Sage Quicksilver Messenger Service Rowan Brothers San Francisco Music Jam Santana Stoneground Tower of Power Yogi Phlegm  

Photos:

• By Ericcklau
      Item Condition: E- Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Turramurra State: NSW Payment Method: PayPal, Cash on pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information: Japanese press with obi and insert

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
    • By Honreekea
      Item Condition: Good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Sydney, Ramsgate Beach State: NSW Payment Method: Cash, EFT Reason for selling: Out grown Steve Further information: 

Steve McQueen Bullitt Poster. Printed in England by Pyramid LTD in the '80's I think. Size: 860mm by 605mm.   Has some edge creasing and pin holes. No foxing to be seen.    
      Photos:

• By Ericcklau
      Item Condition: E- Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Turramurra State: NSW Payment Method: PayPal, Cash on pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information: Japanese press with no obi and insert

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
    • By Ericcklau
      Item Condition: E- Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Turramurra State: NSW Payment Method: PayPal, Cash on pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information: Japanese press with obi and insert

Photos:

PLEASE READ