Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Never started up a thread on my system,  so might as well start now!

New delivery has arrived at evil Springs from NZ !

Any ideas on what it could be? 🤔

@betty boop @Tubularbells @Peter-C @Anatoly Beaver-Hausen 

@joz

20200603_140631.jpg

20200603_140608.jpg

Edited by evil c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turntable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From NZ? It'd have to be the new Wand turntable...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Marc said:

Turntable.

Vague but technically correct!

 

18 minutes ago, crtexcnndrm99 said:

From NZ? It'd have to be the new Wand turntable...

Full marks! 

20200603_141254.thumb.jpg.a9d2edff36701327e8d422593edcf474.jpg

Edited by evil c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Ooh exciting! 🥳 as a prize I request many pics ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, crtexcnndrm99 said:

Ooh exciting! 🥳 as a prize I request many pics ;) 

Most certainly ! 

Here's bits out of the box .

More pics to follow later.

 

20200603_142726.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What the hell is it?

 

...Armboard?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, evil c said:

Most certainly ! 

Here's bits out of the box .

More pics to follow later.

 

20200603_142726.jpg

Looks like it got broken in the post :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, crtexcnndrm99 said:

Ooh exciting! 🥳 as a prize I request many pics ;) 

 

10 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

What the hell is it?

 

...Armboard?

 

Think the rest! 

 

 

 

Edited by evil c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Darryl said:

Looks like it got broken in the post :)

Might look that way to the untrained eye! 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was surprised when I first saw pics of this model... the overhang of the platter is 'modern' I suppose 😂

 

I'm sure it will sound mighty fine though. Which size arm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, Wand 14-4 tt.
Are you going to use your 9” arm evil?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, evil c said:

Most certainly ! 

Here's bits out of the box .

More pics to follow later.

 

20200603_142726.jpg

hmmm... looks like a linn like burrow of some sort ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, crtexcnndrm99 said:

Was surprised when I first saw pics of this model... the overhang of the platter is 'modern' I suppose 😂

 

I'm sure it will sound mighty fine though. Which size arm?

There are many designs I've seen with bare bones assemblies, with only 3 wings underneath so doesn't faze me looks wise.

The quality of the Wand 14- 4 looks up there with the Wand tonearm- which is very high.

14 minutes ago, Peter-C said:

Yup, Wand 14-4 tt.
Are you going to use your 9” arm evil?

It's 10.5 actually Pete. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exciting times. Looking for to hearing your impressions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Telecine said:

Exciting times. Looking for to hearing your impressions.

Yes I'm excited myself,  as a long term fan of the Wand tonearm- a deck designed specifically to augment it's design has a lot going for it!

I will have to assemble a listening panel, my ears have just graduated from cloth level! 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


6 minutes ago, evil c said:

Yes I'm excited myself,  as a long term fan of the Wand tonearm- a deck designed specifically to augment it's design has a lot going for it!

I will have to assemble a listening panel, my ears have just graduated from cloth level! 😉

Stock up on Red ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Telecine said:

Stock up on Red ;) 

LOL I already have, I was prepared even before the start of the Great Pestilence!

Bunker Boy . 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, evil c said:

my ears have just graduated from cloth level! 😉

 

That counts me out then 😔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tubularbells said:

 

That counts me out then 😔

@betty boop is in your camp, and yet he keeps on being invited back!

Serious ,controlled double blind environment audio testing is not applicable to evil springs!

More an excuse to feast , sip and chat while pretending we are something above audio derro level ! 😂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, evil c said:

@betty boop is in your camp, and yet he keeps on being invited back!

Serious ,controlled double blind environment audio testing is not applicable to evil springs!

More an excuse to feast , sip and chat while pretending we are something above audio derro level ! 😂

 

yep I'l bring a bottle, soak the cloth ears in the red stuff and soon I might be telling you how nice your new technics is :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well in that case then IM IN...🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, betty boop said:

yep I'l bring a bottle, soak the cloth ears in the red stuff and soon I might be telling you how nice your new technics is :D 

Flattery will always get rewarded here - al ! 😉

Oh,  and presents! 

Just now, Tubularbells said:

Well in that case then IM IN...🤣

Read above TB ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

20200603_181753.thumb.jpg.efb925f437d58acd9f4540a3fe5ecf4b.jpgTurntable now assembled and looking very nice!

Aesthetics are very good - wife and son both commented looks better than my LP12! 

20200603_181020.thumb.jpg.83e8def7ef43f9efc123136bbf5e0540.jpg

 

20200603_180313.thumb.jpg.94819b73c3355fa073472e4db79f08df.jpg

Edited by evil c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The wand turntable looks fantastic Clive. It’s on my wish list congrats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Classifieds Statistics


    Currently Active Ads

    Total Sales (Since 2018)

    Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

    Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...