SOLD: FS: Relisting: PS Audio PerfectWave DAC Mk2 with Bridge Mk 1 : Price Drop

Item Condition: Very good
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Salter Point, Perth
State: Western Australia
Payment Method: EFT or Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: No longer required

Further information:  Can be upgraded to a DirectStream edition

Photos:

I acquired this PWD fairly recently, privately in WA, as a Mark 1 version and have since upgraded it to a Mark 2.

I am guessing that anyone interested in this unit will already know all about the PS Audio PerfectWave DAC.

In any event, plenty of info available on line. This unit can also be used as a Pre-amp.

Since upgrading, I have had it working flawlessly through the Bridge Mark 1, via ethernet, streaming from my Mini Mac server, using JRiver app. 

I was very happy with the result and am only selling because I have (unexpectedly) just upgraded to very high end CD player, which has an equally high end DAC, that is externally accessible.

I do also have the remote control.

As per the pics, external appearance is very good, with no blemishes that I can see. So, in the circumstances, PWD no longer required.

The asking price includes shipping Australia wide.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by bb6152
Price drop to $1850 & audition is available
  • Like 1

No payment as yet, so this PS Audio DAC/Pre-amp/Bridge unit is still available.

Moving forward, here are a few factors to consider, when comparing the PS Audio DSD and the PWD: 

1. The DirectStream DAC (DSD) is actually a later/upgraded edition of the PerfectWave DAC (PWD)

2. They both reside in the same or very similar PS Audio "box"

3. The PerfectWave for sale here can be upgraded to a DirectStream

4. The PerfectWave Mk2 DAC is pretty damn good and exceptional value for just $2k or thereabouts

5. A new DirectStream, with a Bridge, would cost somewhere close to $10k

6. At the same time, it is just over $4k to upgrade the PWD to become a DSD

7. If you are on a restricted budget, I believe you may find the value of the DirectStream upgrade questionable, compared to a PerfectWave at $2k?

8. In any event, if you buy this PWD you can decide later, about upgrading, and don't have to outlay anywhere near as much in the first instance

This link provides some real world prices for a new DSD and the PWD upgrade to DSD:

https://hificollector.com.au/product-category/brands/ps-audio/

In summary, all I can say is that the PerfectWave is very good DAC and, if you purchase this PWD, at an entry level price (for PS Audio gear), you then have the option to upgrade to the DirectStream (or not), at any time in the future, or on sell it.

I have recently purchased an April Music Eximus CD5, which is a few years old now, but new price was around AU$14k. The Eximus CD5 has a very high end DAC, which is externally accessible, and this is the only reason I am selling the PerfectWave.

Edited by bb6152
Technical update

As far as I know, it is your call.

There is a DIY video somewhere on the PS Audio website

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, DSD_Fan said:

Is the DirectStream upgrade a DIY or needs to be done by a certified PS tech?

DIY. Piece of cake. I did it. in 20 mins. If you like to know I can send a video link.

• Like 1

Nice.. I auditioned one a while ago,  amazing and versatile... diy options for future upgrades... Glwts!