FS: Bowers & Wilkins 800 D3 Speakers - Rosenut

Item Condition: Mint - Unmarked
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Bayswater
State: Western Australia
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank Transfer, COD Only
Reason for selling: Change in direction

Further information: 

For sale is a magnificent pair of B&W 800 D3 speakers that I bought in December 2019. These were to be my long time partners but unexpected opportunity has arisen to change to a much more expensive speaker. Upgrade not so sure but a change to something that might work better in my room. That being said, in my medium sized room of 6m x 4.75m the 800 D3 completely disappear when the music is recorded accurately.

I've owned B&W 802 D2's, Magico's & Rockports and the D3 is a clear step over the D2 series in my view (much more accurate) and at least on par with the other speakers mentioned.

Speakers have been driven by various amps from CH Precision to Gryphon.

Price is negotiable.

All packaging is in pristine condition along with accessories, some of which have never been opened (speaker grilles etc) and can be safely shipped on a pallet Australia wide with full insurance. Buyer does pay for shipping but rates are competitive when shipping West to East coast.

Plenty of info, reviews and user feedback on the internet but a few links below to save some time searching:

https://www.whathifi.com/au/reviews/bandw-800-d3

http://www.audiodrom.net/en/power-cables/detail/28-floorstanding-loudspeakers/259-bowers--wilkins-800-d3

044-048_stereo-magazine-issue-09.pdf

German mag Stereoplay also has them in the top tier ranking chart against much more expensive speakers.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_3929 (2).JPG

IMG_3930.JPG

IMG_3931.JPG

IMG_3932.JPG

IMG_3934.JPG

IMG_3935.JPG

IMG_3936.JPG

IMG_3941.JPG

IMG_3767.JPG

IMG_3765.JPG

• Like 6
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, TDX said:

I had a listen, I didn’t want to move my butt. I want to bring a tent to camp at OP’s room.   GLWTS, such a bargain won’t happen all the time.  

Well.... It’s time, for you to upgrade that is...!?

Thanks for all the positive responses. Much appreciated.

I don’t use them in HT, strictly 2 channel only.

Didn’t plan to sell these but only live once and opportunity arises to upgrade. Got to keep the industry moving forward:)
Open to reasonable offers

I'm not really sure where one goes to upgrade *from* these... 

I'd be genuinely interested in these, but sadly I'm about 12-18 months away from having the house of my own to put these in (assuming the housing market dips a bit and I still have a job)...  I mean, I could put them in the corner of the living room in their boxes and hope the cats don't figure out how to open them and hope my mortgage broker doesn't ask about the hole in the bank account... 

These are an endgame speaker for me.  Hopefully a pair just like these comes up in a year's time.  But I'd be lying if i said I wasn't going to be open to a Bad Decision(tm) if there's a price drop that makes this too good to refuse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zardoz said:

I'd be genuinely interested in these, but sadly I'm about 12-18 months away from having the house of my own to put these in (assuming the housing market dips a bit and I still have a job)...  I mean, I could put them in the corner of the living room in their boxes and hope the cats don't figure out how to open them and hope my mortgage broker doesn't ask about the hole in the bank account... 

These are an endgame speaker for me.  Hopefully a pair just like these comes up in a year's time.  But I'd be lying if i said I wasn't going to be open to a Bad Decision(tm) if there's a price drop that makes this too good to refuse.

Trust me, you are much better have buyer regret than seller regret.

Buy them and use them in the corners of your room as bass traps until you get your new house, they’ll work a treat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zardoz said:

I faced with a similar situation 12 months ago when there was an offer for a 8003 D3. I didn't want to miss the opportunity  as I wouldn't get that again for a while. Now I am not regretting at all. If it's your dream go for it mate.......you can't predict housing market here in 2 yrs, could be higher again. 

16 hours ago, spottie said:

Probably the best speakers in Perth so far this year as far as I can remember. The next owner must be very lucky.

Only Klipsch Palladium speakers are close competitor people reported.  I have Klipsch Palladium's and believe Bowers & Wilkins sounding great as mine and maybe even better. 

• Like 1

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 11:58 PM, eagle said:

Thanks for all the positive responses. Much appreciated.

I don’t use them in HT, strictly 2 channel only.

Didn’t plan to sell these but only live once and opportunity arises to upgrade. Got to keep the industry moving forward:)
Open to reasonable offers

Great setup mate! love the 800-D3's

What are you looking at upgrading to?

• Like 1