DrMikeOz

SOLD: FS: Willsenton R8 tube amplifier - PRICE DROP

Posted (edited)
Item Condition: As New
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Wollongong
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: Paypal (buyer pays fees), EFT
Reason for selling: quarantine upgrade fever

Further information: 

** Price Drop - too many amps and i'm getting in trouble.. **

Willsenton R8 tube amp - integrated amp, power amp and headphone amp.

One of the new darlings of youtube audio reviewers and a very well made piece of Chi-fi!

• Takes KT88, EL34, 6CA7, KT77 or 6550 output tubes. 
  • Specced with the optional PSVane EL34-PH output tubes. 
  • Paid 2100AUD in April and arrived on my doorstep on May 5th 2020, so less than a month old.
  • Save $550 and a significant wait as these things seem to be in high demand - price is firm
  • 230V model
  • Still have original box and outer box so no issues with Australia wide postage (est $50-80)

More information here: https://www.china-hifi-audio.com/en/willsenton-tube-amplifier-c-77/willsenton-r8-kt88-el34-x4-tube-integrated-amp-power-amplifier-headphone-p-2268?zenid=6b48d2b2cedb2141b62d652c97b1fae7

This in-depth review covers all the features well - i never thought i'd say this but read the comments as well to learn more about the headphone amp (supposed to be fantastic) and speaker pairings. 

image.png.91968bd0b6c1795ce7467a2176efc2e8.png2A64D67C-6679-4BB1-8A42-C2F1D89BDFA6.thumb.jpeg.fa19aac5a262c792fee851e2b24e6e70.jpeg.09043c67fb218905b86a7f26c38a3465.jpegB4CD36FC-D650-4AE9-B52A-015642294342.thumb.jpeg.6d144ff5267f75714597843d1086db71.jpeg.bb59cb5408efa333c406f3c1986c8f57.jpegEE3698FC-0F72-49B9-B38C-F06126937E7E.thumb.jpeg.74821eefdf9a325748868cd5810d76fe.jpeg.9ddfb4649f83334c662349ff3607d419.jpeg1F6450DC-6797-474E-81A2-D86C9C13A39E.thumb.jpeg.2e8203f14588044d43bd4073b8c905ee.jpeg.7b46bf9ea7609a44f6f039f61889a6ea.jpeg
Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

0AEEA341-AEDC-4D3B-9B64-EC3A66DC6579.thumb.jpeg.f8a99686cd2903faf1eb9c1368e17aef.jpeg

Edited by DrMikeOz
price drop

I've read a lot of good things about this amp, for both the speakers and headphone parts. I would have definitely taken it if I didnt go the DIY way.
GLTWS!

It has been very well reviewed and punches well above it price point by all accounts. Point to Point wiring and the fact it can be used as an Integrated Amp, 'Power Amp', with multiple tube options, Triode, UL, gives you 8 Amplifiers for the price of one... Heaven knows what it would cost if it was built in Europe or USA?... 

GLWTS

May I ask how do you like them? 

5 hours ago, thundom said:

May I ask how do you like them? 

As Bryan said - it's a great deal. I don't use headphones but otherwise it reminds me of a much improved Musical Paradise MP-301 i had years ago - lots of options for tube rolling which allows you to tailor the sound to your preference. If it doesn't sell i'll hang on to it, i just have too many amps...

Thank you,i am thinking about get one to pair with my tannoy DC 6

1 hour ago, thundom said:

Thank you,i am thinking about get one to pair with my tannoy DC 6

I've never heard the Tannoy DC-6 but I have heard the Revolution XT 6 with tubes amps, it was really good!

And I just met Mike, very nice man, you can't go wrong doing business with him ;)

Just dropped the price a bit on this - getting some spousal pressure to clear our my pile of gear. 

I'm contemplating an amp upgrade and this is tempting. I live in Taree, 320kms north of Sydney.

If we agree on a sale, is it an option to drive and meet halfway, this amp being heavy and fragile to ship?

9 minutes ago, cc-hifi said:

I'm contemplating an amp upgrade and this is tempting. I live in Taree, 320kms north of Sydney.

If we agree on a sale, is it an option to drive and meet halfway, this amp being heavy and fragile to ship?

Thanks for your interest - this has been sold about 5 minutes before you commented. Sorry!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Supaxui
      Item Condition: Excellent, Used Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Sydney Olympic Park State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal F&F, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: No Longer in use Further information:
      Great entry level planar magnetic headphone, punches way above the price. You can see comparison to Audeze LCD-2C & Hifiman Sundara here: 

Comes with open mod from Losodo Designs (didn't bother installing the wooden ring) https://www.losodo.design/product-page/monolith-m1060c

I have replaced the pads with ZMF Auteur Perforated Suede Pads, which cleans the bass a bit. I will also include original pads if you want that factory meaty bass. 

Photos: attached

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By hipnhop
      Item Condition: Excellent condition 9 /10 Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Ascot Vale State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Down sizing not being use The bose headphone is in excellent condition and is one of the many headphones I have. Looking to down size, so selling off this. I don't fly any more so have no use for it. Only used for 2 flights before covid 19 started.

Pick up or can be post

• By Gregory13
      Item Condition: Mint Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Roselands State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Looking for funds to upgrade Further information: Purchased 1 year ago from Addicted to Audio. 1st and only owner. Best way to describe the condition is I can pack it back up in the original box and and sell it as brand new, it's that perfect. The photos can be deceiving but it's just the dust that makes it appear as dirty or with marks. It has been paired with a Schiit Yggdrasil Amplifier. At this price point, I am yet to find a better headphone amplifier, and believe me, I've tried lots of them. It comes with all the original paperwork, the original box and the original power cable which is still brand new (I used another power cable). This is an incredible headphone amplifier and I can assure you, you will not be disappointed, not to mention that this amp is very rarely listed privately and for a good price. I am open to reasonable offers but please, no low balls. If any more information is required please send me a message, I usually respond very quickly. Thank you. 

Photos:
    • By Supaxui
      Item Condition: Used, Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Sydney Olympic Park State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal F&F, EFT, Cash on Pickup etc Reason for selling: No Longer in use Further information:

Purchased from ATA about 4 months ago, used for about 30 hours. Very nice and detailed sound for the price, beautiful midrange and vocal reproduction. Unfortunately, I've got a wide head and the clamping force is too much so I ended up not using it much.

Recently purchased Audeze LCD-2 Classic from the forum and have been using that for my open headphone setup. 

Will also come with free Focal Travel case valued at $150.

Pickup is prefered, but can arrange shipping Australia wide for $30.00 I will cover shipping insurance. 

Photos: attached

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By MattyW
      Item Condition: As new / mint Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Brisbane State: Queensland Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

For sale is my beloved Oldchen K3 push/pull tube integrated.  This is a very sweet though also powerful sounding amp for its 45WPC power rating.  Very powerful,  punchy bass and sweet sparkling highs. Very even handed right across the entire audio spectrum.

It has recently been recapped with Jantzen Superier tube coupling caps, volume pot upgraded to a genuine Alps Blue and received new tubes. 3x sought after Melz 6H8C hole plate preamp tubes and a matched quad of Reflektor 6P3S-E coin base power tubes. Due to new caps and tubes some burn in will be needed.

I'm the first owner of this amp and it's well looked after.  Still one of the best sounding amps I've ever owned. It's just a shame to keep it in my second system where it doesn't see much use so I'm selling it.

I have it stored in its original box. Lucky I kept it the box for the 4 years I've had the amp in use. If the sale is local I'll be happy to include a quad of Tung Sol KT120 power tubes which I originally used with it.  The tube cage doesn't fit with KT120's installed but output increases slightly to 49WPC.

Photos: