Music Hall MMF 7.1 Upgrades

1 hour ago, Marc said:

A more expensive option, but IsoAcoustics has just released the Delos, specifically for turntables:

http://isoacoustics.com.au/product-category/products/delos/

https://www.stereo.net.au/news/isoacoustics-delos-isolation-platform-coming-soon (Now arrived)

I did see that but gosh it's a bit pricey for a butchers block with IsoAcoustic feet. 

I could get the fan favourite IKEA butchers block and stick these on for a third of the price.

https://isoacoustics.com/stage-1/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/05/2020 at 3:18 PM, Cardiiiii said:

Okay so I did some digging, and that symbol image between the +15V and 0.8A in Output means it's DC so I guess that's one upgrade I don't need to make.

@Cardiiiii since its only a 15vdc and its under 1a rating - ifi sells a low noise 15vdc psu...worth a try? 

• Like 1

On 04/06/2020 at 10:10 PM, Cardiiiii said:

I did see that but gosh it's a bit pricey for a butchers block with IsoAcoustic feet. 

I could get the fan favourite IKEA butchers block and stick these on for a third of the price.

https://isoacoustics.com/stage-1/

Maybe worth a try but i got 2 sheets of vibration control mats from bunnings and sandwiched them between a 1inch custom cut perspex sitting on some sorbothane feet.  Kids were jumping around near the tt whilst playing and no issues :) 

• Like 1

On 13/06/2020 at 9:54 AM, Porkbuns69 said:

@Cardiiiii since its only a 15vdc and its under 1a rating - ifi sells a low noise 15vdc psu...worth a try? 

I'm pretty sure I have one lying around somewhere, must check what the rating is. Alternatively I could always look at one of the Gieseler power supplies. 

• Like 2

Hey guys , wanting a little favour.

My 7.1 is still in it's box.

I'm wanting to make sure I've got somewhere to put it before i pull it out.

Can someone tell me the distance between the feet please.

1 hour ago, eman said:

Hey guys , wanting a little favour.

My 7.1 is still in it's box.

I'm wanting to make sure I've got somewhere to put it before i pull it out.

Can someone tell me the distance between the feet please.

Hey mate, as you can see from the photo the motor is located to the left of the feet so you'd need space to support the motor. Distance from edge of motor to the foot on the right is about 35cm and the distance from the back foot to the front is about 28cm. 

IMG_20200616_125831.jpg

4 hours ago, Cardiiiii said:

Hey mate, as you can see from the photo the motor is located to the left of the feet so you'd need space to support the motor. Distance from edge of motor to the foot on the right is about 35cm and the distance from the back foot to the front is about 28cm. 

IMG_20200616_125831.jpg

Thanks. Good point.

I've got the top/side of an IKEA Kallax to put it on which looks like a fit from your measurement.

My box has the sound of something lighweight moving inside. Not quite a rattle but it's concerning.

Edited by eman

• 1 month later...

Hey.

Just puting mine together.

There's a sleeve that fits the outside of the motor but with it in place it covers the DC plugin and lifts the motor off the base.

Also it's not shown in the contents list or on a Google image search.

I can't see where/how it's supposed to be included.

This is a 'Refurbished' unit. Wondering if it's a 'leftover' bit from being an international AC version.

Any other ideas ?

11 hours ago, eman said:

Hey.

Just puting mine together.

There's a sleeve that fits the outside of the motor but with it in place it covers the DC plugin and lifts the motor off the base.

Also it's not shown in the contents list or on a Google image search.

I can't see where/how it's supposed to be included.

This is a 'Refurbished' unit. Wondering if it's a 'leftover' bit from being an international AC version.

Any other ideas ?

The sleeve is just packaging material

24 minutes ago, tas1506 said:

The sleeve is just packaging material

Oh right , haha.  That's the "Gray" 'pipe' they refer to , thanks.

Happy to have this table to replace my others lost in Bushfires but 'Refurbished' by Convoy means it's not packed as original , and has other extra 'details' to deal with.   'Refurbished' also looks like it means "we took the cartridge out" too. Hoping the rest of it's still here.

• Administrator

My understanding @eman, is that the turntable that was donated to you by us and Convoy, was used in a hifi show demonstration, and then re-packed.

If something is missing, by all means reach out to me and I will get it sorted for you. I think it was mentioned there would be no cartridge before you received it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marc said:

My understanding @eman, is that the turntable that was donated to you by us and Convoy, was used in a hifi show demonstration, and then re-packed.

If something is missing, by all means reach out to me and I will get it sorted for you. I think it was mentioned there would be no cartridge before you received it.

OK thanks mate.

Yes , have just recently got a home amid other various new health issues so the cartridge could well have been mentioned and I forgot that amid all my chaos.

Very happy to have this thanks, it's a new style of thing for me and I'm taking it very carefully.

I have a brand new Denon dl 110 which I can put on.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I now have this running and it sounds very good.

Only odd thing is the counterweight is droopy. Not sure if there's supposed to be an internal part that's missing or something. It didn't really 'screw on' convincingly.

Do I need to source another one  from somewhere ?

@Marc

20200827_193957.jpg