Limited/hand numbered editions, Pre orders etc

27 minutes ago, Yamaha_man said:

Starting an expensive hobby you say? Bahahahaha hilarious!

Yeah, I have seen your equipment list, so know you are not shy to spend?

Here is one to start with.  Records are usually 500GBP each and runs are 300.  Some may want the original master tape for this price

https://electricrecordingco.com/shop

And a second that whilst is not hand numbered but very good if you like any of the Blue Note Jazz Catalogue? 

The Tone Poet series of 2019-20 is excellent sound quality wise and even the covers are high quality as well.  Of course you don't need to buy from Blue Note, and Jazz may not rock your boat but they are remastered from the analogue tapes (Believable for once).  Absolutely silent background on all of these for me.

To me a definite credibility come back for Blue Note after a run of terrible vinyl over the last 10 years or so (all the 75th anniversary series?)

https://store.bluenote.com/collections/tone-poets

https://jazztimes.com/blog/blue-notes-tone-poet-vinyl-reissue-series-will-continue-in-2020/

Edited by Demondes
  • Like 1

This isn’t meant to be a listing for expensive titles.

Many years ago someone listed that angus stone had a limited edition hand numbered album, I bought it.

Someone else listed Dead Can Dance had a new album coming, I bought that through their site.

If it wasn’t for these people putting it on sna I wouldn’t have known about the offers.

Feel free to list similar or the exotic if need be.

Joe,

if into Jazz.  This is hand painted and limited to 300.  I was in contact with Fred (owner of Sam Records) last week about the release.  He is very pleased with how both the vinyl and covers (each hand painted) have come out.

I'm not familiar with the title, and its hard to find to stream, but Fred knows his stuff and I have every other Sam Records release.

http://www.samrecords.fr/shop/donald-byrd-byrd-jazz-transition-lp5/

Edited by scuzzii
  • Like 1

JB HiFi often have limited editions of new releases. 

eg. their website currently has pre-orders for Dylan's Rough and Rowdy Ways - the CD and vinyl comes with a limited edition lithograph, and there is also a limited edition JB exclusive gold-coloured vinyl edition. 

And if you're into metal, Transcending Obscurity records often do a very limited box set of new releases. Usually 30 or 35 pieces with all sorts of stuff inside!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scuzzii said:

Joe,

if into Jazz.  This is hand painted and limited to 300.  I was in contact with Fred (owner of Sam Records) last week about the release.  He is very pleased with how both the vinyl and covers (each hand painted) have come out.

I'm not familiar with the title, and its hard to find to stream, but Fred knows his stuff and I have every other Sam Records release.

http://www.samrecords.fr/shop/donald-byrd-byrd-jazz-transition-lp5/

Nice Mondrian like cover. LOOKS INTERESTING

Yeah those tracks all appear on this album from 2006

There is also a listenable version on Qobuz.  Look for The Donald Byrd Sextet Byrd Jazz.  Same tracks different order

donald byrd.png

Edited by Demondes
  • Like 2

40th Anniversary of Joy Division's Closer is out soon. There's also rereleases of the 12"s: Atmosphere, Transmission and Love Will Tear Us Apart. Warners are offering a package buy on the four discs. Or, you can grab them cheaper from Juno Records in the UK.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 28/05/2020 at 2:01 PM, Yamaha_man said:

This is exactly what I’m talking about! ??

Here is a good example.I bought these in 2015 and bought extra for a rainy day.Just checked discogs and one sold last month for $444 Au  even used are asking $300.  .   Looking forward to the Trex LP...got 2 on the way but one to play..

27035A70-F482-4DBA-A90D-75335173A543.thumb.jpeg.48a42d2e8fc4b16a2c08be2622cc301c.jpeg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Stump said:

Here is a good example.I bought these in 2015 and bought extra for a rainy day.Just checked discogs and one sold last month for $444 Au  even used are asking $300.  .   Looking forward to the Trex LP...got 2 on the way but one to play..

27035A70-F482-4DBA-A90D-75335173A543.thumb.jpeg.48a42d2e8fc4b16a2c08be2622cc301c.jpeg

Awesome, I’ve ordered 2 also.

Edited by Yamaha_man
  • Like 1

Guest jakeyb77

Discrepancy and JB have pre-order sections I keep an eye on. 
Just ordered The Midnight’s new one after @Tubularbells put me onto them. 
I usually only buy limited or special vinyl as it’s a collection as well as media for me. 

7 minutes ago, jakeyb77 said:

Discrepancy and JB have pre-order sections I keep an eye on. 
Just ordered The Midnight’s new one after @Tubularbells put me onto them. 
I usually only buy limited or special vinyl as it’s a collection as well as media for me. 

Got a link?