ikhuong

EOI: Primare Pre35/A35.2 (current statement/top of line Primare)

Posted (edited)
Item Condition: As new (literally two month old)
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Telopea
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: Cash, paypal as friend, Bank transfer
Reason for selling: OCD and it is illegal to have two wives, financially and "ethically" .

Further information: 

Is it illegal in Australia to have two “wives”  at one time under one house( one is young & beautiful and one is mature & classy)??? 😔

I don't know how to explain but I have developed some OCD issues to discover where is boundary of my PMC25.26 during "staying at home" time.

So why Primare on here? 

I am very very happy with this combo, it is the best money you can buy with a certain budget below 10k rrp. I auditioned a heap of combo/integrated (Devialet, AR VSI75, Macintosh) at Lifestyle store with PMC25.26 and this is the only proper electric system within my budget that can make my 86dbm speaker sing properly. The pre/amp are still in the break-in state and I found it is better and better every day, still wait more to come.

However, I suddenly fell in love with another lady who is more mature and classy (her name is Pass labs), Primare likes a young and beautiful girl.

Why you should buy this Primare combo?

1) You have 2 years 11 months warranty from Primare and best-in-class customer support in an Aussie hifi retailer (Lifestylestore), purchased end of March

My own experience in buying items  from them is stress/hassle free when it comes to after sale support, I got an issue with new speaker purchase and they fought with distributor to send me a replacement pair immediately.

2) No waiting time, myself waited  > 2 months to get my hands on this combo  due to global disruption on Primare manufacturing and their supply chains.

Is it going to change? I don't think so with their current business model, Primare are direct manufacture distributor, they do not have local stock in AU like distributor model 

So audition and bringing home immediately is possible here but it is not if you go to a retailer now, expect long waiting time

3) importantly, this is a real deal for the sound quality, build quality and money with 30%  off rrp price for a 60 days old system, what else to expect?

4) I upgraded new Telos audiophile fuses for them, you got real update freebie 

Please let me know if you are interested and want to have audition (just need to maintain reasonable social distance)

reviews:

https://www.stereophile.com/content/primare-a352-power-amplifier
https://www.hifinews.com/content/primare-pre35a352-networked-prepower-amp

https://www.magzter.com/article/Technology/Stereophile/Primare-A352

Current rrp: AU$ 10,000 

Asking price is for local pickup, if anyone is interested for interstate, you can organise a reliable courier with proper insurance

I have all of the original boxes and store invoices for after sale support.

if you take her, my other lady will come to my house, they cannot leave together, financially and "ethically" , hence, EOI at this state.

IMG_5095.thumb.JPG.1f55a80e159559abbf880253c1bbc29c.JPG

IMG_5101.thumb.JPG.46fa832c92c6b548c18255d41fc2a015.JPG

IMG_5093.thumb.JPG.ebcc9b47db8001ee2909c8b2bcc6506f.JPG

IMG_5097.thumb.JPG.a99aeb1dbb6a15e6ebf5a3ec6c65fe8a.JPG

IMG_5100.JPG

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_5102.JPG

IMG_5099.JPG

Edited by ikhuong
Added system purchase time

Wow, beautiful photos. Great value here, good luck with the sale. 

What a beautiful young lady? Hope someone will take her home.

Beautiful . GLWS

Beautiful photos and add.

I thought Primares top of the line was Pre60 & A60 amplifiers, perhaps now superseded?

GLWS

12 minutes ago, Muzza71 said:

Beautiful photos and add.

I thought Primares top of the line was Pre60 & A60 amplifiers, perhaps now superseded?

GLWS

Yes they are 50w more but no longer in production and use older technology, currently this combo is advertised as their statement line.

the Pre35 is on a new architecture to allow user self-upgrade with insertable DAC module and Prisma streaming module which is more flexible.

Hi,  what Pass Labs combo have you got your eye on?? 

Just now, longgo said:

Hi,  what Pass Labs combo have you got your eye on?? 

Probably xp10/xp-20 and x250.5, see what to come

Audio connection has xp12 on sale, go get it ;) 

7 minutes ago, TDX said:

Audio connection has xp12 on sale, go get it ;) 

Are you sure? I am seeing like  $12,895.00 for the pre,  that is quite another classier lady/miss for me

1 minute ago, ikhuong said:

Are you sure? I am seeing like  $12,895.00 for the pre,  that is quite another classier lady/miss for me

Did I just save $4000 for you? Feel like a big achievement 😁

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, TDX said:

Did I just save $4000 for you? Feel like a big achievement 😁

It is 5395 indeed 

Edited by ikhuong

Fpr the record XP12 is a successor to the XP10, not the XP20.

I would not trade my XP20 for an XP12 :)

5 minutes ago, WedgeBiggs said:

Fpr the record XP12 is a successor to the XP10, not the XP20.

I would not trade my XP20 for an XP12 :)

I know yours better mate, chill 🤭 are they still for sale?

All these recent pass power amps coming up for sale have brought a few xp20 enquiries. Mulling the options.

May explain the EOI here?

9 minutes ago, WedgeBiggs said:

All these recent pass power amps coming up for sale have brought a few xp20 enquiries. Mulling the options.

May explain the EOI here?

You bet, as i stated "financially" 

I, too, didn't realise the A35 was new!  The industrial design of the Primare components, especially in silver, are in my opinion the best looking audio components out there.

Good luck with the sale. Sadly a new amp and pre is not on my anytime-soon list for upgrades but that A35.2 power amp would certainly do well to replace the heavy A32s I've got running.

1 minute ago, Zardoz said:

I, too, didn't realise the A35 was new!  The industrial design of the Primare components, especially in silver, are in my opinion the best looking audio components out there.

Good luck with the sale. Sadly a new amp and pre is not on my anytime-soon list for upgrades but that A35.2 power amp would certainly do well to replace the heavy A32s I've got running.

If you look for a cool running, A35.2 is much more power efficiency and become Primare's main technology now, I cannot comment sound quality as I have not heard A32 yet.

If you are interested in the amp alone, please let me know, I might consider for selling the amp only, the Pre35 is very good and I can keep it

1 minute ago, ikhuong said:

If you look for a cool running, A35.2 is much more power efficiency and become Primare's main technology now, I cannot comment sound quality as I have not heard A32 yet.

If you are interested in the amp alone, please let me know, I might consider for selling the amp only, the Pre35 is very good and I can keep it

I've got some expensive repairs on my existing gear after which this would be tempting, but I am now aware that there's an R35 phono pre that provides some nice upgrades from my R32... (the A35.2 page alerted me to the existence of it).

Primare's efficiency story seems to be amazing.  Curious to know if you know how much power it actually draws?

I also like the A35.2's auto standby feature.  I have left my A32 on a few times without noticing which has been wholly un-ideal at times!

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Zardoz said:

I've got some expensive repairs on my existing gear after which this would be tempting, but I am now aware that there's an R35 phono pre that provides some nice upgrades from my R32... (the A35.2 page alerted me to the existence of it).

Primare's efficiency story seems to be amazing.  Curious to know if you know how much power it actually draws?

I also like the A35.2's auto standby feature.  I have left my A32 on a few times without noticing which has been wholly un-ideal at times!

Yes, they actually replaced 32 with 34 (with full force to go for class D technology)

and now 35. The beauty of it is you can run a whole system on a low budget power regenerator(any power regen is expensive, tbh) , they do make difference as everyone knows switch mode psu can benefit greatly from clean power and good isolationl/noise leakage blocking in regen’s outlets.

a 200w power amp consumes like 25w in high volume listening which I am quite shocked, measured with my tplink smart plug, the preamp indeed consumes more power than the amp in this instance.

https://www.primare.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Primare-A35.2-Preliminary-Specifications-1.pdf

Edited by ikhuong

Looks beautiful! I just purchased the primare i15 prisma from lifestyle store. Waiting for it to arrive today. Your gear is definitely out of my budget league, but I'm glad to be on the primare bandwagon :)

2 minutes ago, leon81 said:

Looks beautiful! I just purchased the primare i15 prisma from lifestyle store. Waiting for it to arrive today. Your gear is definitely out of my budget league, but I'm glad to be on the primare bandwagon :)

How long did you wait? Mine took forever 

It was in stock!

Posted (edited)

At this stage, I would consider to slit and sell the amplifier A35.2

you can use two A35.2 in bridge mode for a whopping of 800w in your system, I am not sure who need this much but it is true that headroom make real improvement in music reproduction

open to reasonable offer, please send me a message if you are interested

a few helpful articles to know about those boxes, very high positive feedback

reviews:

https://www.stereophile.com/content/primare-a352-power-amplifier
https://www.hifinews.com/content/primare-pre35a352-networked-prepower-amp

https://www.magzter.com/article/Technology/Stereophile/Primare-A352

Edited by ikhuong