Question for those in the know

Can some tell me/us why a prime Australian maker of HiQuality Audio products, ETI--sample as pictured

does not include an AUS/NZ Male wall connector in its available range:S?

Curious

Willco

ETI Plugs.jpg

Edited by Willco

1 minute ago, zippi said:

Not in the know at all, but just as a guess - market too small? (compared to US and EU, or even UK)

Yes I suppose economically not prudent but surely the tooling only need to be for the prongs portion -and they must be modular with detachable front --anyway just curious

Willco

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Willco said:

Can some tell me/us why a prime Australian maker of HiQuality Audio products, ETI--sample as pictured

does not include an AUS/NZ Male wall connector in its available range:S?

I expect it is economy of scale but for the only correct answer to your question I suggest you ask ETI – surely everyone else's opinion is speculation?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aperalim said:

I expect it is economy of scale but for the only correct answer to your question I suggest you ask ETI – surely everyone else's opinion is speculation?

Of Course--just thought to get some opinions as an aside:)

Willco

I wonder if ETI manufacturer their own AC/IEC cable connector bodies (the part that the male and female connectors are housed within)?

Many cable manufacturers make their own exotic backshells and housings but insert other's IEC and AC cable connector units (Oyaide/Furutech for example)...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stereo coffee said:

A few pages on their site are error 404 , also their News section has nothing new since Nov 2019  yes seems strange to not market a australian /Nz connector.  

$ & c 

Guest rondine

They probably don't make anything and are just getting their name stuck on someone else's product with some minor change so they can call it their own. The way most (all?) cable manufacturers operate.

ron

56 minutes ago, rondine said:

They probably don't make anything and are just getting their name stuck on someone else's product with some minor change so they can call it their own. The way most (all?) cable manufacturers operate.

ron

Hmmm--Good point --Maybe the Stock Plugs say from a China source and they just get it rebadged ETI Research /etc 

And from what I find on the numerous Mainland Audio products--plenty of fancy and Cloned US / Schuko's /etc but no Aus /NZ.

Sounds feasible -at least they don't have to tool up /etc /etc.

Gut feeling that is the scenario?

Willco

Edited by Willco

Could it be that gaining the required saftey/regulatory approval is expensive and would take too long to recoup with our limited customer pool? The other connectors have a much larger potential market. They do look like nicely made and designed connectors.

Edited by pwstereo
Corrected punctuation use.