Sign in to follow this  
Eugene.cho

SOLD: FS: Bowers & Wilkins B&W 683 S1 floorstanding Speakers

Posted (edited)
Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Bella Vista
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: Cash
Reason for selling: Upgraded

Further information: 

There are plenty positive reviews online. My little review: big sound stage with bright high and powerful bass.  Easy to drive due to its high sensitivity. I used to pair them with onkyo a9130 (2x40w@8ohm), Sound was loud and clear without any distortion. Later I replaced the onkyo with a musical fidelity (150wpc) the sound became much fuller. So i would recommend a powerful amp. The double bass drivers can save you a sub-woofer when watching movies. 

Excellent condition. No damage on any drivers.  The cabinet, plinths, spikes, grills and binding posts are all in mint condition. Selling due to upgrade.

Pickup from Bella Vista. or deliver to Sydney metro for a small fee. 

Sorry no interstate shipping.

Specifications

683 4-driver, 3-way vented-box speaker
Drivers: 1" aluminum dome tweeter, 6" woven Kevlar cone FST midrange, 2 x 6.5" aluminum/paper/Kevlar cone bass
Frequency range: -6dB at 30Hz and 50kHz
Frequency response: 38Hz-22kHz +/-3dB on reference axis
Harmonic distortion: 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1 meter) <1% 90Hz-20kHz; <0.5% 120Hz-20kHz
Nominal impedance: 8Ω (minimum 3Ω)
Crossover frequencies: 350Hz, 4kHz
Recommended amplifier power: 25W-200W into 8Ω, unclipped
Sensitivity: 90dB (2.83V, 1 meter)
Dimensions: 38.8" x 7.8" x 13.4" (HxWxD)
Weight: 57.3 lbs

20200523_170659.jpg20200523_170421.jpg

20200523_170735.jpg20200523_170746.jpg

20200523_170758.jpg20200523_170804.jpg

20200523_171157.jpg20200523_172135.jpg20200523_170507.jpg20200523_170445.jpg

Edited by Eugene.cho

Damn nice units mate! 

If you were in Melbourne, id seriously considering switching from my infinity beta 50s. 

Good price too! 

Glws mate 😊

Nice sounding speakers. GLWS. Consider interstate shipping?

Offer sent.

Sorry guys, sold elsewhere pending pickup 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Yobots
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Bulimba State: Queensland Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Upgrading and wife doesnt like colour Further information:
      B&W LCR60 S3 Center channel, magnetically shielded speaker to avoid causing interference on other AV equipment.  Good condition except for dented tweeter courtesy of my 2 year old... Ihadnt noticed the damage from a sound perspective untill I moved house and packed the speaker up. Still has original packaging.

Make an offer
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Yobots
      Item Condition: good condition Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Bulimba State: Queensland Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Upgrading and wife doesnt like colour Further information:
      B&W 601 S2 with original packaging.  In good condition except for a small "graze" on the top edge of the mesh cover on one speaker (see photo) Smoke free home only and have served as my rear surround sound speakers for many years.  Will throw in proper heavy duty wall mounts as well.  The jumpers are in place for the terminals but one terminal is damaged so you cant bi-wire them unfortunately. (see photo)  But the jumper ensures good connection.

Make an offer
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Yobots
      Item Condition: Very good condition Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Bulimba State: Queensland Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Upgrading and wife doesnt like colour Further information:
      Like new condition with original packaging.  Purchased from new and only been in a non-smoking house.  These speakers sound great, have been driving them with a Elektra Theatron power amp and they absolutely come to life.  Selling bacause my wife wants white ones...

There are no blemishes on the units.  The tweeters are in perfect nick as well. Comes with orignal vent dampers as well. Has all the hardware, spikes for carpet and rubber domes for hard floors.  Plinths also included.

Make an offer.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By Phil sydney
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Sydney State: New South Wales Payment Method: Bank/paypal Reason for selling: Not required Further information:

Beautiful Onkyo/integra 917f Amplifier Vintage
      It was recently bought from Japan a week ago from Hifido.
      It's a classic beast with plenty of grunt but I realised I need a bit more power for my very power hungry 3 way floor speakers.(custom made)

In saying that this amp can still power many speakers with ease including floor speakers like monitor audio/paradigms etc. Very neutral and wide soundstage. Also has massive power transformer and 15000x2 uf capacitors!!
      It weighs around 18 kgs

It is in very good condition and works good. I have played with it for a good few hours since I have received it from Japan. It has been serviced and all checks performed.
      sounds fantastic. It requires a step down transformer which is quite cheap to buy new $50

It will be packed extremely well for safe and secure shipping as I have the right box for it. Triple layers of heavy duty bubble wrap and straps as well. Postage is FREE.

Also has its original remote control which many vintage amps don't offer. So that is a bonus.
      Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By Keza_punk
      Item Condition: Near new Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Baulkham Hills Nsw State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash, ETF Reason for selling: Upgrade Further information:

Fantastic dac for the money. 
      Reference class product.

Highly recommended and reviewed online. 
      Can be used as a digital preamp with full volume control or as a Headphone amp.

Recenly I was using it with my smart tv via optical and sound was truly great: huge amount of details, fast accurate timing and dynamics.

I do have original remote control, power cable, manuals and box. 

I can pack it securely in the original box. Shipping is included in price. 

Specs:
      https://darko.audio/2011/04/nuforce-launch-reference-class-dac-9/

Photos:

PLEASE READ