Sign in to follow this  
thecoffeegent

Dirac Live continuing to fail - NAD T758v3

Hey guy's,

I need some help. I recently picked up a NAD T758 v3 receiver and set aside today to do the Dirac Live room correction. After hours i still cannot get a measurement it will use.

I'm using the supplied mic on tripod stand and have tried it plugged into the T758 (as suggested by NAD) and also via my PC. 

The issue:

Every time i run a measurement point (Test tones from each speaker), at the end i get a Low Signal to Noise ratio error message, regardless of which point i'm measuring and what volume everything is set at etc (I've tried almost all volume options!). The rooms quiet. no other appliances are running except the amp and my PC. I also leave the room during the measurement. 

The one time i was able to get enough measurement points successfully recorded, it failed during the filter design stage with an error saying the measurements were too poor quality.

I've tried another calibration microphone (KRKSystems) with the exact same results as above.

I've also tried it through the iOS app. Again, same issues.

Has anyone else experienced this or have some suggestions?

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, thecoffeegent said:

Hey guy's,

I need some help. I recently picked up a NAD T758 v3 receiver and set aside today to do the Dirac Live room correction. After hours i still cannot get a measurement it will use.

I'm using the supplied mic on tripod stand and have tried it plugged into the T758 (as suggested by NAD) and also via my PC. 

The issue:

Every time i run a measurement point (Test tones from each speaker), at the end i get a Low Signal to Noise ratio error message, regardless of which point i'm measuring and what volume everything is set at etc (I've tried almost all volume options!). The rooms quiet. no other appliances are running except the amp and my PC. I also leave the room during the measurement. 

The one time i was able to get enough measurement points successfully recorded, it failed during the filter design stage with an error saying the measurements were too poor quality.

I've tried another calibration microphone (KRKSystems) with the exact same results as above.

I've also tried it through the iOS app. Again, same issues.

Has anyone else experienced this or have some suggestions?

Thanks.

When you run the volume calibration step, did you adjust the volume and microphone level on left side, and also test that every speaker showed green on the level?

1 minute ago, Snoopy8 said:

When you run the volume calibration step, did you adjust the volume and microphone level on left side, and also test that every speaker showed green on the level?

Hey Snoop, do you mean the Master Volume and Mic Gain?

And yes, test tone run on each speaker and adjusted to be in the green.

1 minute ago, thecoffeegent said:

Hey Snoop, do you mean the Master Volume and Mic Gain?

And yes, test tone run on each speaker and adjusted to be in the green.

Sorry, relying on memory to describe setup.  Yes, master volume and mic gain.  Try boosting it over 100, and have each speaker show lots of green.

Check the microphone level in Windows.  You could also try using REW with microphone; if it works in REW, it will eliminate the PC, Windows setting and microphone itself.  

24 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

Sorry, relying on memory to describe setup.  Yes, master volume and mic gain.  Try boosting it over 100, and have each speaker show lots of green.

Check the microphone level in Windows.  You could also try using REW with microphone; if it works in REW, it will eliminate the PC, Windows setting and microphone itself.  

Tried boosting the mic, same result. Just checked Mic in REW and its working. This is what i am getting everytime.

Dirac.JPG

2 hours ago, thecoffeegent said:

Tried boosting the mic, same result. Just checked Mic in REW and its working. This is what i am getting everytime.

Dirac.JPG

No good, suggest contacting NAD support, include screen shots of Dirac volume calibration, also REW measurements.

There was an issue with V1 and V2 microphones bundled with NAD AVRs that featured Dirac Live.  It is possible you have the wrong one. Has it ever worked?

I've flagged this thread with the NAD distributor already for you and they're happy to chat to you on Monday about it if you don't get it sorted before hand.

24 minutes ago, Marc said:

There was an issue with V1 and V2 microphones bundled with NAD AVRs that featured Dirac Live.  It is possible you have the wrong one. Has it ever worked?

I've flagged this thread with the NAD distributor already for you and they're happy to chat to you on Monday about it if you don't get it sorted before hand.

Thanks Marc, I’m not sure how I can check what version microphone I have but hopefully it’s something simple like that. 

I’m usual pretty competent with tech but troubleshooting this Dirac issue has done my head in. 

Are you able to recommend a fairly common/accessible mic that would be suitable?

3 hours ago, thecoffeegent said:

Thanks Marc, I’m not sure how I can check what version microphone I have but hopefully it’s something simple like that. 

I’m usual pretty competent with tech but troubleshooting this Dirac issue has done my head in. 

Are you able to recommend a fairly common/accessible mic that would be suitable?

The tech there will be able to help you on Monday.

SOLVED:

So, after reading and reading I finally found, and took note of the below advice from the NAD Support page. Pulling the stereo adapter connection out ever so slightly solved all my issues and I was able to successfully setup my first Dirac Live filters this morning. 

6DD7EF65-2B5E-4F67-86EE-EB682A195A71.jpeg

4 minutes ago, thecoffeegent said:

SOLVED:

So, after reading and reading I finally found, and took note of the below advice from the NAD Support page. Pulling the stereo adapter connection out ever so slightly solved all my issues and I was able to successfully setup my first Dirac Live filters this morning. 

Glad you managed to solve it.  :thumbsup:   I have never used that adaptor because I own a usb microphone.

How did Dirac Live sound?

11 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

Glad you managed to solve it.  :thumbsup:   I have never used that adaptor because I own a usb microphone.

How did Dirac Live sound?

Yeah, it’s a little cheap looking/feeling connection setup supplied with the T758, I was sure it was something linked to it that was giving me the poor results.

Dirac made a very big difference, and has really cleaned up the sound and improved the imaging on what I had without room correction. Very happy now.

I’ll order the USB microphone I’ve seen you recommend in previous posts, as I am a tinkerer and will enjoy a decent mic to further fine tune things. 

for now, the changes made are more than suitable, but like I said - I like to tinker, but this mornings solution will get me by until the decent USB mic arrives.

Thanks,  again for helping. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)